Hey, a UCL dropout here, any info on Oxford Brookes? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by butterflew)
alexander - i live round the corner from brookes too! small world.
Hello again. remember our interesting conversation about Mr Halls?
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by marina183)
Why did it seem up its own arse?
I've also applied to Southampton, Reading, Bournemouth and Portsmouth.
To go from UCL to Portsmouth would be an amazing fall.
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I don't think its correct to the say that the students from the good universities always have their heads in their books. UCL, Imperial, Oxbridge etc are welll respected universities. I know people at Manchester that seem to do less woprk than me and I am at Salford. I think it depends more on the course other than the university. Whats wrong with looking at places like Manchester, Newcastle ,Southampton etc? They are all better than Oxford Brookes.

It is not correct to say the students from 'good universities' always have their heads in their books. However, it is certainly correct to say, as library records reveal, that they take far more books out. I think it's fair to say there's a greater work ethic there than there is overall across the univ. spectrum. This of course is a generalisation, therefore I realise exceptions DO exist.
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)

Be interesting to see via nationwide statistics whether she is indeed the only person to have EVER applied for and seriously considered those two universities, respectively...
marina183
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Be interesting to see via nationwide statistics whether she is indeed the only person to have EVER applied for and seriously considered those two universities, respectively...
At the end of the day, I wasn't happy ay UCL and would have been lucky to emerge from there with a 2:2 as a result of this, therefore I'd rater go to a crappier uni, have a great time and at least manage a 2:1. I reckon a 2:1 from a ****ty uni is better that a 2:2 at a so called GREAT one. No?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why did it seem up its own arse?
I've also applied to Southampton, Reading, Bournemouth and Portsmouth.
The girl doing the tour couldnt stop talking about how they were the funnest, and had better facilities and people than Oxford. I'm sorry anyone who harps on about it that much has to be lying. It was also too expensive for me their halls cost a small fortune for an ex-poly.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At the end of the day, I wasn't happy ay UCL and would have been lucky to emerge from there with a 2:2 as a result of this, therefore I'd rater go to a crappier uni, have a great time and at least manage a 2:1. I reckon a 2:1 from a ****ty uni is better that a 2:2 at a so called GREAT one. No?
Its open to debate, depends on who is employing you. Southhampton is pretty sound my friend did a term there and quit because he hated his course (European studies I think) rather than the social life. Pencil Queen knows pretty much everything there is to know about SOuthhampton so you could ask her about it if you have any queries.
butterflew
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alexander)
Hello again. remember our interesting conversation about Mr Halls?
Your head? yes i do. btw, have you seen anywhere advertising jobs round ox at the mo? just thought i'd ask on the offchance. am trying to find some work to fill in time before i leave for sunnier climes!
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
i know someone who dropped out of cambridge to go to canterbury college or whatever its called because her boyfriend was there and she hated cam, they are now getting married
marina183
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by rah)
i know someone who dropped out of cambridge to go to canterbury college or whatever its called because her boyfriend was there and she hated cam, they are now getting married
arr
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads