This discussion is closed.
kaxxa(maltese)
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
which would you choose to study, languages or sciences.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think a mixture of both...but id go for languages...even though im better at science i dont particularly enjoy it very much, except physics and maths....hhhmmm...But then again i only like Literature.

hhhmmm...people?
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kaxxa(maltese))
neither. If I had to choose, sciences.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Languages, much funner
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I never liked languages, i hated french and spanish, my prouniciation was bad. Sciences are easier to grasp for me anyway.
kaxxa(maltese)
i chose scieces, actually the three of them, physics, chemistry and biology and sometimes they tend to be a real pain. plus at our school, we study, 3 scinces, and 4 langauges!!!!!! it can't get any better than this!!!
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sciences
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd rather kill myself than do a language. I can't stand them; i find them so dull, not because they are dull but the way they're taught in class makes them dull. There's so much to know as well.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I would choose languages over sciences anytime. In fact, I'm planning to be be able to speak in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Japanese and French one day. But I can't just go through my life not knowing anything else other than languages.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can only just understand english, I can't do foreign languages at all. I am not too bad with sciences, I am very technical which helps. I think with languages you can either do it or you can't.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't do either really, but I would choose languages out of the two.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No offense, but isn´t that a bit of a stupid question? I mean nobody should think it is good to study only languages or only sciences. I personally would not like to study languages, I like to learn them just by going to a country and picking it up.
kaxxa(maltese)
(Original post by ben2111)
No offense, but isn´t that a bit of a stupid question? I mean nobody should think it is good to study only languages or only sciences. I personally would not like to study languages, I like to learn them just by going to a country and picking it up.
your'e right, BUT, i did not mean if you had to choose all languages or all scinces, just which would you prefare to study.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i chose langauges for uni and i don't regret it. As well as learning the languagesI get to do bits of histoy, sociology, literature,media philosophy... the list goes on. Its one of the most varied courses
Cacambo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Exactly. Languages offer you a massive scope, particularly at undergraduate level. Not only will you leave university fluent in one or two languages, but in addition you'll have studied elements of all the arts subjects.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd have to choose sciences. Just what can one do with a languages degree anyway?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sciences are better in every way possible. Maybe thats me, but I always found science easier.
Cacambo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'd have to choose sciences. Just what can one do with a languages degree anyway?
Most things apparently. Languages graduates are said to be the most employable after those with degrees in 'vocational' subjects like Medicine & Law.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I chose science for my degree, I like the logic, no-nonsense aspect.
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
science all the way, im a logig person, my memory is crap, but if i can understand WHY something is, its there for life.
There are only two things that are infinate, the universe, and mankinds stupidity, and im not too sure of the universe anymore
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (230)
61.33%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.27%
No- I want it (104)
27.73%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.67%

Watched Threads