This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would pick languages (i'm taking French & Spanish AS levels at the moment through choice not through University needs) I love the fact your able to communicate with more people if you can speak another language and I aim to be fluent in French by the time I die (probably because I'm half french canadian and I'm not and it's embarrassing)
it's kind of like a secret language because you can speak to people without others understanding and it makes you seem refined.
Science is all well and good if you like dicovering how the world is made etc but I only liked it because we got to play with fire and stuff
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
science all the way, im a logig person, my memory is crap, but if i can understand WHY something is, its there for life.
There are only two things that are infinate, the universe, and mankinds stupidity, and im not too sure of the universe anymore

I agree with the latter, but not too sure about the universe being infinite either. Have you read Janna Levin's book, "How the Universe Got its Spots" also known as Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space?

(I realise this is ever so slightly off topic, although it does include both science and literature )
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I prefer science, but I like both. Unfortunately I also have a crappy memory if I "don't understand WHY something is" so I'm not that good at languages.

(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
I agree with the latter, but not too sure about the universe being infinite either. Have you read Janna Levin's book, "How the Universe Got its Spots" also known as Diary of a Finite Time in a Finite Space?

(I realise this is ever so slightly off topic, although it does include both science and literature )
'twas a quote from Einstein I beleive.
Ryoku
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ohh, the universe has achne, thats gonna be nasty when it pops the spots... TAKE COVER!!!!!
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
ohh, the universe has achne, thats gonna be nasty when it pops the spots... TAKE COVER!!!!!

haha, very funny.
Actually referring to hot and cold spots of background radiation.
Ryoku
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, which suggests that the big bang was not 'perfect' in that energy was not distributed evenly, which led to galactic clusters, galaxies, star clusters, star systems, stars and planets....(slowly get to smaller and smaller things)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads