The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone got any weather and climate resources?

i can share my resources..
Original post by fusion12345
conflict:
my teacher thinks the 40 marker will be on international conflict
ie. darfur, afghanistan, israel etc

separatism and multiculturalism have already come up as 40 markers in the past.
separatism - n ireland, basque(eta), scotland...

world cities:
dharavi, manilla, mexico city, ledc cities...

Awesome, an essay on International Conflict would be great. The only ones I know off for conflict have been on specimen paper or on the 'other questions' as a teacher resource.
Saying that, am essay on Dharavi may be pretty good to access the higher marks too.
Reply 22
im doing the same exam
topics: ecosystems, tectonics and world cities
sitting on: 246 out of 300
need: 74 for A, 103 for A*
*subscribes*

Haven't started my revision for this yet, but I don't need to do that amazingly in it so I probably won't start till mid-may :smile: I'm doing W&C, Tectonics, World Cities and D&G.
any notes?
any notes?

What you've made in class?
Text book?

Combine and make your own, then they will be how you understand and you will learn better :biggrin:

Im starting this week (I promise) since its the last week of my Easter :'(
i did all my notes and mind maps geography exams from aqa seem to be a bit of a wildcard as to whether u get a decent set of questions or not, marking is hard :/ synoptic paper is a massive fail cbs with cyclones, but i guess it will be alright :smile:
Original post by Right Guard 3.D
What you've made in class?
Text book?

Combine and make your own, then they will be how you understand and you will learn better :biggrin:

Im starting this week (I promise) since its the last week of my Easter :'(

oh right thanks
i never thought of that
Reply 28
Hellooo everyone. :smile:
My class are doing 4 topics, so we have a choice in the exam incase there's a really horrible essay question or something. It means we wont end up answering a question on one topic but ohwell. xD We're doing;
Tectonics
Weather
World Cities
TNC's

I can almost guarentee the section i'll leave out is TNC's, it's so boring! But i'll revise all of it anyway just in case. Im aiming for a B overall, and i need a B in this exam to get that. xD However im resitting unit 4A as i got a C in that... Sooo yeah. =D

Also, to those who asked - Unit 4 is definitley much harder than Unit 2. I totally underestimated it. Its hard.
Reply 29
Hey everyone :smile:
Could someone clear up what "planning and management issues" in the World Cities chapter involves? It doesn't seem to have a section in the textbook so I'm not really sure what kind of things they're looking for. I presume it'll be along the lines of green and brownfield sites maybe. Thankyouuuuu :smile:
Reply 30
People doing world cities...'Contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate' - Urbanisation, Suburbanisation, Counter-urbanisation and re-urbanisation.
Which case studies have people got for them?
Reply 31
Original post by AW123614

Original post by AW123614
People doing world cities...'Contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate' - Urbanisation, Suburbanisation, Counter-urbanisation and re-urbanisation.
Which case studies have people got for them?

Hey
For these processes we are doing Manchester. But any other 'classic' city with these characteristics would work... You obv need two areas but Manchester has both as some of it is deprived and some isn't
Reply 32
Original post by jawain04

Original post by jawain04
im doing the same exam
topics: ecosystems, tectonics and world cities
sitting on: 246 out of 300
need: 74 for A, 103 for A*

Hey, I was just looking at your results and there similar to mine 244/300 atm... I think we are both already on an grade C or something..
Just being nosy how did you do in the 4B exam as i did very bad.. 54 UMS.. but got 190/200 last year !..

I really wanted an A* but when i got the 4B mark in i couldn't do it (im re-sitting to try again :P)
im on 240 out out 300 and got full ums on 4b, so what would i need to get an A?
Reply 34
im on 240 out out 300 and got full ums on 4b, so what would i need to get an A?

You need 320 UMS marks overall to get an A, so in your case you need 80/120 in Unit 3 for an A and 100/120 will net you an A*.
I really need help with the GEOG4B , I have done A2 already, I'm only resitting the 4B, I don't really get much help as I don't have geography lessons anymore.
I haven't even received the pre release yet, I just want to ask if it would be a problem if I didn't do weather & climate for Unit 3, I didn't do Geography GCSE either, so I have no clue about cyclones, hurricanes....
Reply 36
Original post by massey43
Hey, I was just looking at your results and there similar to mine 244/300 atm... I think we are both already on an grade C or something..
Just being nosy how did you do in the 4B exam as i did very bad.. 54 UMS.. but got 190/200 last year !..

I really wanted an A* but when i got the 4B mark in i couldn't do it (im re-sitting to try again :P)

sorry i took so long to reply - i managed to get 77 on the 4B exam so am hoping to get an A star in the last exam. i only got 169 last year :smile:
good luck with your resit and last geog exam
Reply 37
Is anyone doing Unit 4A in June? Anyone care to upload some marked answers? I'm really struggling with it - resitting in June.
Reply 38
What case studies are people doing for MEDC volcano?
Reply 39
Original post by Abby :)
Hellooo everyone. :smile:
My class are doing 4 topics, so we have a choice in the exam incase there's a really horrible essay question or something. It means we wont end up answering a question on one topic but ohwell. xD We're doing;
Tectonics
Weather
World Cities
TNC's

I can almost guarentee the section i'll leave out is TNC's, it's so boring! But i'll revise all of it anyway just in case. Im aiming for a B overall, and i need a B in this exam to get that. xD However im resitting unit 4A as i got a C in that... Sooo yeah. =D

Also, to those who asked - Unit 4 is definitley much harder than Unit 2. I totally underestimated it. Its hard.

There's a good chance TNCs will come up...they havent come up before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending