This discussion is closed.
wigman15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey!!

I have copied an image to powerpoint and cannot change the background colour of the object to match the page's background. Can this be done..if so, how?

Thanks
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Copy it first to Paint, fill in the background to match your Powerpoint presentation, and copy to your presentation.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wigman15)
Hey!!

I have copied an image to powerpoint and cannot change the background colour of the object to match the page's background. Can this be done..if so, how?

Thanks
Right click the picture and go to format picture then go to colours and lines and then select no fill.
wigman15
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help!

Colours and Lines are already selected to No Fill.

When copying into Paint and filling the background, as some of the images are words, some of the previous background remains, especially with rounded letters like O and E. Can you get rid of this?
wigman15
Rep:
?
Can anyone help me further?

Thanks
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wigman15)
Can anyone help me further?

Thanks
You can change the transparency of the image, which may work if it is opaque right now.
splaty
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
If the image is a set image such as a jpeg or bitmap, then you won't be able to change the background colour.

Using paint to change the background colour will naturally do a pretty hasty and messy job of it. Do you have any graphics editing programs? Paint Shop Pro works well, and you can grab a trial of it too.

Anyhow, once you have something like that you can change the background image manually with ease by using a soft paint brush at around 50% opacity.

But if you're only willing to stick with Paint, there isn't much you can do except break out the 1 pixel paint brush and start micro-painting around the edges
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads