The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Quornslice
Already got my Armour Yellows, working on the MR blues. :smile: My in game name is Quornslice, same as on here, so feel free to add me. Seeing as morgana is almost always banned I never get to play my best champ, but I like jungle xin as well. Though quite often when i'm jungling people ask for a gank then push the lane -.- I'd be up for a couple of lessons though if you are willing to give me them. Just better play in general and stuff.

Well a big part of LoL is communication/teamwork. If I am jungling and someone says to gank their lane, I say "sure I am coming now" or "sure I will get red then do it", so they know roughly how long it will take me to get there. If they ask for a gank and I don't say anything and (say) go to red buff instead, maybe they think I won't be coming and so push the lane out. So communication is key!

Also things like warding for your laners and timing dragon and securing your own buffs is super important as a jungler.

Sure I'd like to play sometime, my in game name is Smilerrr, add me :smile:
Original post by M_E_X
What's your in game name? We could play sometime, I'm level 30 (1400 ELO). I love Galio and Akali as well!

e: for a tip for you and Quornslice, I'd say to save your IP for tier3 runes, and only buy ones that you know you want, from guides etc. As a general guide armour yellows and MR blues (both flat) are useful on a lot of champions, I use one or both of these on every single champion I play (apart from say Akali which has very specific runes) - so they'd be a good investment for you guys.

Yeah i've got a full set of armour yellows and MR per level blues.

And Akali's set up to proc one of the passives so far, need to hit 30 to get the final AP quint to proc the other one.
Reply 202
Original post by danb_nhkn

The main problem really was snowballing, the one game m5 conceded to TSM was the one where shyvanna wasn't top lane, when she was she would just keep stealing enemy jungle while also going for ganks, it was mainly their shyvanna that won them the tourny, still not sure why TSM refused to ban her :confused:

This is the common misconception in that Shyvana was the problem which she wasn't, its what he was doing with Shyvana which was the problem that being pushing the lane and then roaming in the enemy jungle constantly stealing Golems and occasionally Red/Wraiths. Lots of people can do that and outpush the enemy lane (for example Udyr).

What killed TSM is their lack of champion tournament level pool to choose from, TRM was like only playing Ireila & Teemo and Reginald doesn't really play Twisted Fate which would of been nice there. Rumble, Udyr, Yorick, Riven etc would of worked well at top and prevented Shyvana from stealing.
Reply 203
Original post by M_E_X
What's your in game name? We could play sometime, I'm level 30 (1400 ELO). I love Galio and Akali as well!

e: for a tip for you and Quornslice, I'd say to save your IP for tier3 runes, and only buy ones that you know you want, from guides etc. As a general guide armour yellows and MR blues (both flat)are useful on a lot of champions, I use one or both of these on every single champion I play (apart from say Akali which has very specific runes) - so they'd be a good investment for you guys.

I rate MR per a level runes blue runes higher to be honest. Overtakes at level 10, I'd only take flat ones against gimmick early burst AP champs like Leblanc or Sion AP.
Reply 204
anyone love jarvan IV?

im 11-5 with him now, i guess his early jungling sucks, but he is fun to play. and i seem to win with him a lot.
Reply 205
Original post by Zurvan
I rate MR per a level runes blue runes higher to be honest. Overtakes at level 10, I'd only take flat ones against gimmick early burst AP champs like Leblanc or Sion AP.

If you are AP mid then most of your fighting in lane will be below level 6. Champions like Annie, Malzahar, Sion, LB, Cass there are so many who can burst you 100-0 at around level 6 - having all that extra MR is so useful. Basically as AP mid the more MR you can have at levels 1-10 the better, as that is when you are taking the most magic damage. For that reason I think flat MR is best for an AP mid.
Reply 206
I hate junglers who don't gank. So much. Just had a game where our Skarner ganked zero times in 22 minutes, and their Lee Sin ganked 5-6 times, and picked up a kill every time. Really screwed us over.
if anyone wants to add me, my name is "FloydRix
Reply 208
Original post by M_E_X
If you are AP mid then most of your fighting in lane will be below level 6. Champions like Annie, Malzahar, Sion, LB, Cass there are so many who can burst you 100-0 at around level 6 - having all that extra MR is so useful. Basically as AP mid the more MR you can have at levels 1-10 the better, as that is when you are taking the most magic damage. For that reason I think flat MR is best for an AP mid.

This.

I have flat MR for my ap runeset. for the others i use MR per level.
Reply 209
Original post by FloydRix
if anyone wants to add me, my name is "FloydRix

What level/ELO are you?
Original post by M_E_X
What level/ELO are you?

low elo scrub
Reply 211
low elo scrub

I need numbers brah

I'm 1400 if it makes you feel any better :h:
Original post by M_E_X
I need numbers brah

I'm 1400 if it makes you feel any better :h:

was 1372 yesterday but lost 3 in a row so im back to 1310
Reply 213
was 1372 yesterday but lost 3 in a row so im back to 1310

That's not too bad! We should play sometime yes, my IGN is Smilerrr
Reply 214
Original post by M_E_X

I didn't realize said person was primarily buying MR runes selectively for AP mid (or even mention the role)? Overall its more a less self-explanatory how MR per a level runes are better from various roles point of view (Jungler, solo top, "tanky" support etc).
Reply 215
Why is it that I win more games on my own than with my friend?

I swear as soon as matchmaking sees you are duo they put the retards on your team.
Original post by danny111
Why is it that I win more games on my own than with my friend?

I swear as soon as matchmaking sees you are duo they put the retards on your team.

In a way yes, when you group with a friend it will raise your matchmaking 'band' higher, so you'll be playing against a harder enemy.

Your team-mates are still at your standard level of skill though, so unless the pair of you can carry the game somewhat, chances are your team-mates will lane against tougher opponents then they're used to, so will do worse
Original post by MrJoeyUK
I hate junglers who don't gank. So much. Just had a game where our Skarner ganked zero times in 22 minutes, and their Lee Sin ganked 5-6 times, and picked up a kill every time. Really screwed us over.

Make sure you're giving your jungler opportunities though.. As a jungler I hate laners who constantly push their lanes to the enemies tower, won't ward their bushes, won't call out if the enemy has warded (and where).

Make sure you're creating gank chances by letting your opponents push the lane near your turret, make sure your jungler has a clear route without running past enemy wards, and ask when your jungler isn't on the other side of the map (or ask 1/2 minutes before you require the gank) :biggrin:
Reply 218
Original post by Architecture-er
Make sure you're giving your jungler opportunities though.. As a jungler I hate laners who constantly push their lanes to the enemies tower, won't ward their bushes, won't call out if the enemy has warded (and where).

Make sure you're creating gank chances by letting your opponents push the lane near your turret, make sure your jungler has a clear route without running past enemy wards, and ask when your jungler isn't on the other side of the map (or ask 1/2 minutes before you require the gank) :biggrin:

What's your summer name? We should play together sometime :h:
Original post by M_E_X
What's your summer name? We should play together sometime :h:

Fyreblade :smile:

I'm up for some games, we should create a 5-man TSR team! Means we get a balanced ranking, instead of one person always tanking another's by not having the elo to enjoy the game (ie me) :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest