The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

I desperately need to practice my LoL. I hadn't played in a month, then my team persuaded me to play a ranked game and I went 0-11 mid as Kennen vs Veigar. Whoops.
We really need to get some games in with the new TSR team.. When're people free this coming week?
Original post by Chumbaniya
I desperately need to practice my LoL. I hadn't played in a month, then my team persuaded me to play a ranked game and I went 0-11 mid as Kennen vs Veigar. Whoops.

Well veigar does counter many mid though. Only those that can stun him quickly beat him. Kennen has to get close really for stun and that means he can cage you. Even if you dont get stunned you will be confined in the cage and close enough for him to burst you down.

I guess Xerath would be good against Veigar since he can W and just own him from afar.
Original post by danny111
Well veigar does counter many mid though. Only those that can stun him quickly beat him. Kennen has to get close really for stun and that means he can cage you. Even if you dont get stunned you will be confined in the cage and close enough for him to burst you down.

I guess Xerath would be good against Veigar since he can W and just own him from afar.

Nothing to do with being countered - everything to do with playing horribly!
my summoner name is obcasus nex is anyone wants to add me :biggrin:
Original post by LiveFastDieYoung
my summoner name is obcasus nex is anyone wants to add me :biggrin:

Why Trinity force and Madreds on Vayne? :lolwut:
Original post by cambo211
Why Trinity force and Madreds on Vayne? :lolwut:

tumble damage is awsome with trinity, madreds for loadsa silver bolts.

edit. im fairly casual so if you can reccommend a different build im willing to listen. I have attack speed, damage and armor pen runes
tumble damage is awsome with trinity, madreds for loadsa silver bolts.

edit. im fairly casual so if you can reccommend a different build im willing to listen. I have attack speed, damage and armor pen runes

Just get Inf Edge and Phantom Dancer.

Same damage all of the time instead of just after tumble.

edit: Standard AD carry build tbh.

Start with boots and 3 potions unless you have soraka support in which case you can start dorans blade.

Get a couple of dorans and a vampiric scepter.

Inf Edge/Phantom Dancer.

Then the one you didn't get first.

Bloodthirster or Last Whisper if they've started stacking loads of armor.

Guardian Angel.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
Just get Inf Edge and Phantom Dancer.

Same damage all of the time instead of just after tumble.

and then get some durability after? Reason i like trinity is i get damage and im not so squishy either and if i rush it the damage in mid game kicks ass
and then get some durability after? Reason i like trinity is i get damage and im not so squishy either and if i rush it the damage in mid game kicks ass

But (most) AD carries are all about the late game damages, Vayne especially so, one of the best late game champions alongside Kog'Maw.
Well my 100% wins as graves has come to an end in my second ranked game as him. My team blamed me for not having any damage output when the entire enemy team built Armour, Health and had a frozen heart. Like I could friggin' do anything against that. -.- Not to mention my supp ali who didn't ward, and the akali who gave the first three kills to poppy top -.-
Original post by Quornslice
Well my 100% wins as graves has come to an end in my second ranked game as him. My team blamed me for not having any damage output when the entire enemy team built Armour, Health and had a frozen heart. Like I could friggin' do anything against that. -.- Not to mention my supp ali who didn't ward, and the akali who gave the first three kills to poppy top -.-

Last Whisper.
Just played a couple of top WW games, destroying the first 7-0 against Pantheon (getting ganked by Trundle and just turning round to kill Pantheon before escaping is great) and then went up against Gragas top for the first time. It feels like a really hard match up and I'm not sure what to do. He's very good at staying out of range for you to harass, and after starting boots into 2x null magic mantle he still manages to chunk me pretty consistently with barrels with me healing off minions with Q. He can't win in a straight fight, but every time I try to force one he can dash away and ult if he needs to. I just had no idea how to deal with it.
Original post by danny111
Last Whisper.

I had one -.-
Well I feel naive.... just beat an ahri and kog'maw at bot as kayle, with a guy playing teemo.

Ahri started flaming, so I challenged her to a 1v1 duel afterwards. Unfortunately whilst I picked a mid-lane AP champion to be on a par with ahri, the other guy went ahead and picked the strongest counter he could think of. Lee Sin. Proceeded to lose each fight to me, but never die, until he got enough MR to simply not die to me.

Can't help but feel like I was cheated somewhat.. he was a rude little **** in the 1v1 as well :frown:

Note for next time - agree what type of champion to play beforehand!
Just played 2 games with Hec for first time. He is an extremely fun champ to play. The fact that his movement speed affects his damage is really clever. I would describe him as a Hybrid Tank. So sometimes it can be hard to decide which items to buy. In my past game I had a Warmog, Trinity Force, Atma's Impaler, Boots of Swiftness and Hextech Revolver (I think it's called that?) and I was quite tanky with a good amount of damage.
Tried to play ranked, forgot chat was down.

We ended up with no jungler or support despite having a Soraka and an Amumu on the team :colonhash:
Original post by Nephilim
Just played 2 games with Hec for first time. He is an extremely fun champ to play. The fact that his movement speed affects his damage is really clever. I would describe him as a Hybrid Tank. So sometimes it can be hard to decide which items to buy. In my past game I had a Warmog, Trinity Force, Atma's Impaler, Boots of Swiftness and Hextech Revolver (I think it's called that?) and I was quite tanky with a good amount of damage.

I don't really like building him tanky. Much more fun to go Boots > Trin > one of the lifesteal items > stack PDs XD
Original post by Architecture-er
Well I feel naive.... just beat an ahri and kog'maw at bot as kayle, with a guy playing teemo.

Ahri started flaming, so I challenged her to a 1v1 duel afterwards. Unfortunately whilst I picked a mid-lane AP champion to be on a par with ahri, the other guy went ahead and picked the strongest counter he could think of. Lee Sin. Proceeded to lose each fight to me, but never die, until he got enough MR to simply not die to me.

Can't help but feel like I was cheated somewhat.. he was a rude little **** in the 1v1 as well :frown:

Note for next time - agree what type of champion to play beforehand!

Should have played AP Yi as he wins all things.

Just owned a Morgana in lane. Outfarmed her massively and bullied her constantly - at one point her and Fiora tried to gank me so I killed her and was about to kill Fiora when she ran away XD
Why do people hate it when you stack PDs and Rabadons? :confused: You get called a noob if you do it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest