The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by danny111
Damn you are so full of yourself. You think I went 5-1 just by killing my enemy in lane 5 times?

FYI I made it to gold 3 times and Im sure I will manage it again.

Where in my post did it say I stay in my lane? In fact I went 8-4 before I finally gave up playing and 5 of those kills were from ganking bot and 1 top.

I've recently fell out of gold on my main :frown: I think the problem is the champs I got there with, and the ones I know how to play best (GP and Cait mostly) have since been outclassed by new released champs, so I have to either learn some new FotM champs or, well...I don't know.

Matthew P what's your ELO? And Paddy?

e: Mine is 1405 on Smilerrr and 1553 on OTrice
Original post by paddy__power
Tip 1:

Don't play when you are the best part of drunk. I just built two Rylai's on Akali and didn't even notice at first. Luckily I was much better than them so made it work XD

xD

Me and my friend went Riven/Jarvan bot, lost out at first but once we got to level 6 and had some items we just burst Vayne down and one of us always farmed the lane the other went to steal their jungle. So hilarious trying new/different things.
Original post by M_E_X
I've recently fell out of gold on my main :frown: I think the problem is the champs I got there with, and the ones I know how to play best (GP and Cait mostly) have since been outclassed by new released champs, so I have to either learn some new FotM champs or, well...I don't know.

Try jungling Xin. So strong early on. My friend gets FB with him in 80% of games by ganking top level 2. I gank mid level 3 usually, and in all cases either FB or force flash and recall to give your mid dominance. Then I usually help the lane thats losing.
Damn you are so full of yourself. You think I went 5-1 just by killing my enemy in lane 5 times?

FYI I made it to gold 3 times and Im sure I will manage it again.

Where in my post did it say I stay in my lane? In fact I went 8-4 before I finally gave up playing and 5 of those kills were from ganking bot and 1 top.

Already downvoted you once.

Shame.

I was 5-1 as gragas mid still lost coz every other lane lost.

Both of these things imply that you did not roam and win other lanes.

Original post by M_E_X

Unranked on EUW. Only just got level 30, trying to get runes right now. Need 21k worth before ranked.

Pretty confident I can get gold, or close to it, from just my placement games. 1200s are worse than most legit level 20s.
(edited 11 years ago)
xD

Me and my friend went Riven/Jarvan bot, lost out at first but once we got to level 6 and had some items we just burst Vayne down and one of us always farmed the lane the other went to steal their jungle. So hilarious trying new/different things.

I just do whatever I think will be fun.

I half carried a game with AD Ahri once.
Reply 1925
xD

Leona/Jarvan is a super strong bot lane. Xin is strong bot lane too (There was a streamer duo who ran lee sin/xin bot lane recently and it was pretty troll worthy as the AD carry cannot do ****.)
Original post by Lozzaa
Leona/Jarvan is a super strong bot lane. Xin is strong bot lane too (There was a streamer duo who ran lee sin/xin bot lane recently and it was pretty troll worthy as the AD carry cannot do ****.)

Leona/Jarvan is a ****ing nightmare.
Leona/Jarvan is a ****ing nightmare.

Should try Alistar/Blitzcrank...

BLITZSTAR :biggrin:
Original post by Matthew P
Should try Alistar/Blitzcrank...

BLITZSTAR :biggrin:

Never seen that actually. I can imagine it isn't fun to be against either. I hate being against Blitz so much - I hate having a partner who stands still to farm when against blitz even more.
Tip 1:

Don't play when you are the best part of drunk. I just built two Rylai's on Akali and didn't even notice at first. Luckily I was much better than them so made it work XD

So true. It gets to a point where your reaction times fall off a cliff too. :biggrin:
Reply 1930
Both of these things imply that you did not roam and win other lanes.

Unranked on EUW. Only just got level 30, trying to get runes right now. Need 21k worth before ranked.

Pretty confident I can get gold, or close to it, from just my placement games. 1200s are worse than most legit level 20s.

What's your summoner name? I'm 1350 elo atm, COOLKIDSMITH1999 is my user (Troll name, I know)

Edit: This is how I play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi0TIoL3yhw
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Negaduck
So true. It gets to a point where your reaction times fall off a cliff too. :biggrin:

Aye it does.

I started forgetting I could use my ult more than once in team fights :lol:
Oh man. I fell in love with Udyr again.

Madred's for easy baron solo
Reply 1933
Never seen that actually. I can imagine it isn't fun to be against either. I hate being against Blitz so much - I hate having a partner who stands still to farm when against blitz even more.

alistar counters blitz though, i just choose ali support if they choose blitz
Oh man. I fell in love with Udyr again.

Madred's for easy baron solo

I love those games where all of the lanes make the junglers life easy by pushing and not warding. Lots of fun when you are Naut and they are never getting away.

Original post by chill543
alistar counters blitz though, i just choose ali support if they choose blitz

I very rarely support. I would probably pick Nunu but that is just because I like Nunu :lol:
I love those games where all of the lanes make the junglers life easy by pushing and not warding. Lots of fun when you are Naut and they are never getting away.

Oh, people do ward :tongue: I get an early oracles, as soon as I have 1 or 2 gp10 items.

It's pretty easy to snowball a lane and then camp it with udyr, since he can tower dive quite well. Just start whatever buff is near bot lane, get strong leash to save smite, run to the top lane buff and kill it quickly with smite, then just lvl 3 gank top at 3 mins. Bear stance + lvl 2 phoenix is 95% first blood for you or your top laner.

Anyway; thoughts on Diana?

I've been trying her out in the PBE. Start boots, get kages/philo/hog, then wits end for core. After I get sunfire and abyssal sceptre. With this stuff you get attack speed which gives you your passive more often, more on-hit magic damage, tanky-ness, and mr reduction (so your moves, passive, and sunfire do more damage). For runes I go attack speed reds, armour yellows, mr blues and either AP or movespeed quints. 9-21-0 masteries. Still need to try 0-21-9 out.

Later I build randuins and other tanky items if I need them, but if we're stomping nashors tooth and rageblade are a real laugh.

Anyone else tried her and used a different build?
Oh, people do ward :tongue: I get an early oracles, as soon as I have 1 or 2 gp10 items.

It's pretty easy to snowball a lane and then camp it with udyr, since he can tower dive quite well. Just start whatever buff is near bot lane, get strong leash to save smite, run to the top lane buff and kill it quickly with smite, then just lvl 3 gank top at 3 mins. Bear stance + lvl 2 phoenix is 95% first blood for you or your top laner.

Anyway; thoughts on Diana?

I've been trying her out in the PBE. Start boots, get kages/philo/hog, then wits end for core. After I get sunfire and abyssal sceptre. With this stuff you get attack speed which gives you your passive more often, more on-hit magic damage, tanky-ness, and mr reduction (so your moves, passive, and sunfire do more damage). For runes I go attack speed reds, armour yellows, mr blues and either AP or movespeed quints. 9-21-0 masteries. Still need to try 0-21-9 out.

Later I build randuins and other tanky items if I need them, but if we're stomping nashors tooth and rageblade are a real laugh.

Anyone else tried her and used a different build?

If I see an Udyr I tend to stay safe until I have gone back to get wards when I'm playing top so have never really had a problem unless I'm being stupid and overextend early. Xin gets me a lot early because he has the gap closer and knock up though so it is harder to just walk away than against Udyr.

I've not tried her but I've seen some gameplay vids of her. She looks really fun. I feel like I would want to build the tooth for CDR and maybe an unholy grail for added spamming. I guess you could build her a few ways and she seems similar to Akali in some respects so I would probably start from there if I were laning. Multiple gap closers makes me feel like building her too tanky would be a waste though....
Reply 1937
so many games over the last few day were people will say, i top or troll... too many people....
If I see an Udyr I tend to stay safe until I have gone back to get wards when I'm playing top so have never really had a problem unless I'm being stupid and overextend early. Xin gets me a lot early because he has the gap closer and knock up though so it is harder to just walk away than against Udyr.

I've not tried her but I've seen some gameplay vids of her. She looks really fun. I feel like I would want to build the tooth for CDR and maybe an unholy grail for added spamming. I guess you could build her a few ways and she seems similar to Akali in some respects so I would probably start from there if I were laning. Multiple gap closers makes me feel like building her too tanky would be a waste though....

Admittedly I have to use flash half the time for lvl 3 top, unless my top has a stun or other good CC

As for Diana, I think if you go tanky (like I would), then you can use her gap closer as an initiation, and follow it up with her E. Then you can stick to their carry easily since they'll be slowed and you still have your ult up. But I can see why people would build her a bit more offensively since she can just dive on their carry so easily, but you'd need someone else to initiate first
Admittedly I have to use flash half the time for lvl 3 top, unless my top has a stun or other good CC

As for Diana, I think if you go tanky (like I would), then you can use her gap closer as an initiation, and follow it up with her E. Then you can stick to their carry easily since they'll be slowed and you still have your ult up. But I can see why people would build her a bit more offensively since she can just dive on their carry so easily, but you'd need someone else to initiate first

I'm pretty bad with early ganks when I'm jungling. I don't tend to do more than one or two pre-6 with most champs. I think a lot of this is that whenever I do pick a gank-heavy jungler in normals half the time you are just sat there for ages with the laner doing nothing and it just wastes time when nothing materialises. Maybe I just suck :lol:

Does the Q apply moonlight to everyone it hits? In a team fight this could mean you can just ult from person to person with no CD.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest