How is easy is it for a 21 year old to get a lowly job and what can I do? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I think I need a job for both social purposes and to reduce my loan. The heart of the reason I am feeling depressed is I feel like I am not supporting myself finanicaly. I work delering leaflets at the moment but only earn £20 a week if that so its not enough.

I would work in a supermarket on the checkouts but I have a weak bladder so this may be a problem, my back causes problems which will be a problem for shelf stacking. I would be too dangerous working in McDonald's because I am clumbsy.

Is their any jobs I could easily get I have missed off? I have been turned town from Maplin and a local shop once before.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Data entry or clerical work possibly? I can't think of any obvious places to look except for local papers or shop windows.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
Data entry or clerical work possibly? I can't think of any obvious places to look except for local papers or shop windows.
I've tried applying to those type of jobs before via agencies but they are useless. I have seen a couple of part time web development jobs I will apply for though.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do Salford not offer any kind of job finding service? Essex have a jobshop and it's pretty good.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by loftx)
Do Salford not offer any kind of job finding service? Essex have a jobshop and it's pretty good.
Yep Salford have a good careers service, I've checked most of there jobs but a lot of them are aimed at post graduate students. They have a strict policy of not accepting jops that are more than 20 hours a week so they won't places like McDonald's advertise as these jobs usualy end up being more than that.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bar work? Not hard to get work in the day on a weekend when it is quiet. Waiting on a table in restaurants nothing too heavy to carry you wont get stuck without a loo, work friendly hours. Call centre work no back problems there mind you it'll depend on where you live but they are normally looking for temps. Work in a coffee shop on a weekend day? Erm washing up in a kitchen?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads