Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Profit-making ideas needed! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm the president of a society at my university and we're organising a night out at a club in a few weeks for valentines day. The club itself has tickets which are £4 and you can buy directly (which we'll suggest) and then our society is meeting at a pub for pre-drinks etc before heading on there.

I'm wondering what ways could we make a profit on the event? it doesn't make sense for us to charge £1 extra for the tickets from the club..as they could just bypass it and get it from the club directly.

It's a traffic light party, so could we say £1 for each person who wants to go as a traffic light colour, and involve some games for those who are with a prize at the end?!

It may be too late for a raffle...anyone have any ideas?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I'll rep best suggestions!!

ReputationRep:
    We had a costume competition at a Halloween party we did, everyone had to pay a small amount to enter, and then there were prizes, we made some money that way, I'm not sure if you can apply that to anything you might be doing.

ReputationRep:
    i generally live by this motto: 'its never too late for a raffle'

i think this applies nicely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Hi,

I'm the president of a society at my university and we're organising a night out at a club in a few weeks for valentines day. The club itself has tickets which are £4 and you can buy directly (which we'll suggest) and then our society is meeting at a pub for pre-drinks etc before heading on there.

I'm wondering what ways could we make a profit on the event? it doesn't make sense for us to charge £1 extra for the tickets from the club..as they could just bypass it and get it from the club directly.

It's a traffic light party, so could we say £1 for each person who wants to go as a traffic light colour, and involve some games for those who are with a prize at the end?!

It may be too late for a raffle...anyone have any ideas?!
    If it's for Valentines day maybe you could sell a few novelty romancey things for profit e.g a 'last Rolo' or a red rose?? We did that sort of thing in school. (We also had singing valentines but not sure that would work in your setting.)

ReputationRep:
    Kissing booths :ninja:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.