Overseas fees but qualify for domestic fees? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
ditto weirdo, please tell us!
lol... well, once the uni give you an offer they don't have the right to take it away, so I just wrote several e-mails, and filled in the home-status forms extra carefully... I included stuff like a "working temporarily in dubai" booklet, a temporary contract from my dad's company (he doesn't really have a contract - he manages the company, so he wrote the letter himself , then got the owner of the comapny to sign it), and lists of every single date, since 1896, that I've been back to england
we have a house in england too, but we don't pay taxes.

Anyway, people who would be living in the UK/EU if it were not for one of their parents working "temporarily" overseas, are usually given home status... I just had to kinda work my way around that, coz I've never even lived in england, and my parents have lived in the UAE for about 28 year!

I got there in the end 5 offers so far, so it was all worth it...

*Tara*[/QUOTE]
Are you immortal, or just very old
J
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
lol... well, once the uni give you an offer they don't have the right to take it away, so I just wrote several e-mails, and filled in the home-status forms extra carefully... I included stuff like a "working temporarily in dubai" booklet, a temporary contract from my dad's company (he doesn't really have a contract - he manages the company, so he wrote the letter himself , then got the owner of the comapny to sign it), and lists of every single date, since 1896, that I've been back to england
we have a house in england too, but we don't pay taxes.

Anyway, people who would be living in the UK/EU if it were not for one of their parents working "temporarily" overseas, are usually given home status... I just had to kinda work my way around that, coz I've never even lived in england, and my parents have lived in the UAE for about 28 year!

I got there in the end 5 offers so far, so it was all worth it...

*Tara*
J[/QUOTE]
whoops, forgot to add the part about people like you being utter thieving SCUM
J
amexblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by africa)
Anybody out there that declared themselves to as "overseas fees" status, as easier to get in, but could have qualified for domestic fees? I wonder if this is common.
This does happen. It is particularly rife at my school amongst students from Hong Kong. The majority of them can easily afford the difference between home and international fees. Some even try and get their fee status changed having received their offers!! Personally, I think a university has every right to withdraw a candidate's offer if they try and reclassify themselves.
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)

whoops, forgot to add the part about people like you being utter thieving SCUM
J
I don't care what other people think... I've ended up with whats best for me! I'm British, and I can't help that I live overseas, so I feel that I have the right to be granted home status... and I have been!

And I just got the 8 and 9 the wrong way round.. sorry!

*Tara*
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads