This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anybody have any problems putting on make up?
I can't put make up on to save my life, was it something that is just self taught or your mum taught you? I just tried to put nail polish on for the first time since I grew my nails (My new year's resolution is going well) and I ended up getting more on the sides of my nails than I did on the nails....
even with the three stroke method and doing your writing hand first, grrrr
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i just don't like makeup. Lipgloss and straight soft hair is my makeup
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Does anybody have any problems putting on make up?
I can't put make up on to save my life, was it something that is just self taught or your mum taught you? I just tried to put nail polish on for the first time since I grew my nails (My new year's resolution is going well) and I ended up getting more on the sides of my nails than I did on the nails....
even with the three stroke method and doing your writing hand first, grrrr
I can't put make up on either. Well I don't wear it anyway but I wouldn't mind a bit of foundation here and there but I can't put it on. My skin is very flakey when I put stuff on it and when I rub foundation in, my skin goes soooo flakey! Anyone got any ideas on how to stop that?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I don't wear make up unless I'm going out and it will be dark because nobody can see what a **** up I've made of it, but when I do people ask me why I've put make up on because I'm a natural beauty...then I realise they have no money and want me to buy them drinks. :mad:
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah same really. Lip gloss is always the easiest to put on anyway and it looks good. As for the straight hair, my hair is naturally wavy and it's so hard to get it straight. I need really good straightners but don't have any, but my sis is giving me some
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by gemgems89)
I can't put make up on either. Well I don't wear it anyway but I wouldn't mind a bit of foundation here and there but I can't put it on. My skin is very flakey when I put stuff on it and when I rub foundation in, my skin goes soooo flakey! Anyone got any ideas on how to stop that?
It's like when you see celebs with no make up on and you realise they have more blackheads than you do, I think If I put proper make up on I could be gorgeous...or at least in my head.
Did you know to get rid of redness on your face your supposed to use green...go figure
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aww Dani you have no need for make-up.

Or you for that matter W2S...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)

It's not make up it's war paint, like baboons
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't wear make up unless I'm going out and it will be dark because nobody can see what a **** up I've made of it, but when I do people ask me why I've put make up on because I'm a natural beauty...then I realise they have no money and want me to buy them drinks. :mad:
lol - i just don't like makeup. I don't feel like me underneath. The only time i'm requiered to wear makeup is proudctions. I had to wear a lot when i performed at greenwich theatre, that was like toture. I looked like a...a...no words to express my horror.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol - i just don't like makeup. I don't feel like me. The only time i'm required to wear makeup is proudctions. I had to wear a lot when i performed at greenwich theatre, that was like toture. I looked like a...a...no words to express my horror.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's not make up it's war paint, like baboons
<sigh> Women and their insecurities :rolleyes:
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Makeup is okay if you wear it lightly.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's like when you see celebs with no make up on and you realise they have more blackheads than you do, I think If I put proper make up on I could be gorgeous...or at least in my head.
Did you know to get rid of redness on your face your supposed to use green...go figure
Oh yeah, I was wondering why there was a green concealer in superdrug.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Hehe nice chat up line. That always works with me ."Why are you putting on make up? its hiding your natural beauty" then she will reply "no its hiding my natural ugglyness"
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I don't wear makep
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Hehe nice chat up line. That always works with me ."Why are you putting on make up? its hiding your natural beauty" then she will reply "no its hiding my natural ugglyness"
It's a gift. Let us guys with the gift of sweet talk thank our creator for the gift and ask for help so that we use it wisely. Amen. [/PRAYER]
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't wear makep
Well obviously you know you don't need it too. Good stuff
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well someone once told me that the age of 16-19 is when a girl will look most naturally beautiful, and there should not be any need to wear make up when you are at your most gorgeous... make up is for older women who have to cover up for the fact that they're getting old...

incidentally for the lads - do you people wear gel when you go out? i don't like it since it makes your hair go stiff and rank to touch, and it's also disgusting when it starts raining...
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

incidentally for the lads - do you people wear gel when you go out? i don't like it since it makes your hair go stiff and rank to touch, and it's also disgusting when it starts raining...
a bit of hair wax. but i need it to stop my hair strangling me
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
well someone once told me that the age of 16-19 is when a girl will look most naturally beautiful, and there should not be any need to wear make up when you are at your most gorgeous... make up is for older women who have to cover up for the fact that they're getting old...

I use gel most of the time and never have the same hairstyle twice in a row. I always get comments about it, some good, none bad. If I don't gel I wear a beenie hat. Curaaaaaiiiiiiig David!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads