?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Here are the offers I have been made.
Warwick AAAD
Nottingham AAB
Birmingham AAB
East Anglia ABB
Oxford Brookes BBB
all for law. Which ones should I pick as my firm and insurance choices. I want to get as many opinions as possible.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KrazyAngel1)
Warwick AAAD
Nottingham AAB
Birmingham AAB
East Anglia ABB
Oxford Brookes BBB
all for law. Which ones should I pick as my firm and insurance choices. I want to get as many opinions as possible.
It depends really what you are predicted. I would say the best ones out of those would be Warwick and Nottingham respectively.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Congratulations!! Personally, I would choose Warwick and Nottingham... depending on which one you see to be best. I also got offers from Warwick (AAB) and Nottingham (ABB) and if Durham rejects me, those 2 are potential firm offers. I do not know about your other unis, but I would say they are less reputable for law than warwick and notts. But that's an opinion. I'll probably post more when you've gotten more replies. Take care and congrats once again.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Warwick AAAD
Nottingham AAB
Birmingham AAB
East Anglia ABB
Oxford Brookes BBB
Well Oxford Brookes could be your insurance offer, they've offered you lower grades,
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They are all good universities the only slightly weak one is Oxford Brookes (due to fact its an ex poly) it still considered one of the best ex polys though. Warrick and Nottingham and perhaps Birmingham have the best reputations.

I believe Warrick is usualy considered slightly better than Nottingham. I would go personaly go with the university you like the best. League tables don't tell the full story. Remember you will be living and studying there 3 years so you have to picture your self living there.
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd choose nottingham - thats a great offer from them! Still hoping 2 get mine - and AAB would be fantastic! I feel I'm destined for their written test.
sisyphus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In terms of reputation, I'd go for Nottingham - nice city, very highly regarded for law, well known in Asia, and the university is very much on an upward trajectory.

But most of these are perfectly good universities, and my advice, is that you should go to whichever one you think you're going to be happiest at.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Which ones should I pick as my firm and insurance choices. I want to get as many opinions as possible.
The best two are Nottingham and Warwick. I received offers from both of them, and had Warwick higher up in my mind. Warwick was intended to be my insurance choice, but Durham displaced it. (I only put Nottingham down to fill up the empty space on my UCAS form.)

If the required grades are of importance to you, then you would be constrained since Warwick requires the highest grades. However, if you don't want Warwick as your firm choice and you are brave enough, you could put Warwick as your insurance choice. This dangerous tactic would be sure to give you the motivation - and the fear - to get high grades.

J.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Nottingham or Warwick would be best for your first choice - both are great places, then East Anglia as your second (as the grades are quite substantially lower than those two, so should disaster happen you still have some chance of getting in to do law)
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that Brookes is actually better for law than UEA as an ex poly it is regarded as the best and does get quite a bit of commercial attention.

What grades do you think you will get?
If you are sure you will get As I would go for Warwick as first and Nots or Brum as second.
If you need a lower offer I would pick Brookes over UEA but thats just me.
KrazyAngel1
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
I think that Brookes is actually better for law than UEA as an ex poly it is regarded as the best and does get quite a bit of commercial attention.

If you are sure you will get As I would go for Warwick as first and Nots or Brum as second.
I got AAAB for AS. But I'm not feeling so confident about A2. I'm just worried that my English might let me down as it was a low A, although I'm hoping to boost my grade with coursework.
KrazyAngel1
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
The best two are Nottingham and Warwick. I received offers from both of them, and had Warwick higher up in my mind. Warwick was intended to be my insurance choice, but Durham displaced it. (I only put Nottingham down to fill up the empty space on my UCAS form.)

If the required grades are of importance to you, then you would be constrained since Warwick requires the highest grades. However, if you don't want Warwick as your firm choice and you are brave enough, you could put Warwick as your insurance choice. This dangerous tactic would be sure to give you the motivation - and the fear - to get high grades.

J.
I think I would be too scared to do that because I seem to have a huge fear of clearing.

(Original post by Chicken)
I think Nottingham or Warwick would be best for your first choice - both are great places, then East Anglia as your second (as the grades are quite substantially lower than those two, so should disaster happen you still have some chance of getting in to do law)
yeah I think I will go for notts as my first and EA as my insurance because I'm worried about Oxford Brookes being an ex poly.

(Original post by viviki)

I'm predicted AAAA but I will more likely get AABB. but maybe I'm being a bit pesimistic. I got AAAB in my AS's last year
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nottingham first
then you don't have much choice for insurance, just UEA or OB, so I'd go for OB as it's a nicer uni.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads