The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lord Huntroyde
Discuss the merits and limitations of pens here.

Fountain pen makes your handwriting look neater + you can erase it as well.
Reply 2
waiting2smile

But you must always ensure you have a good supply of ink.
Apparently if you use a black pen in exams it gives the impression to the exam marker that you are very serious. If you use blue it shows you are very carm to the exam marker.
Reply 4
Lord Huntroyde
Discuss the merits and limitations of pens here.

Bic most definatly :tongue:
Reply 5
I use biros. The Parker version. I write fast, very fast, yet very neat at the same time. The last thing I want in an exam is to replace an ink cartridge. So I use biros. Also it flows easily, doesn't need much pressure on the page to get ink out, and looks like a good work, If there was any mistake (rarely) I use tippex. quick drying, and neat.
Lord Huntroyde
But you must always ensure you have a good supply of ink.

That's not a problem. If you think you're not going to have time to put the ink in - have three more fountain pens handy :smile: Use parker pens - the ink lasts
Reply 7
happysunshine
Apparently if you use a black pen in exams it gives the impression to the exam marker that you are very serious. If you use blue it shows you are very carm to the exam marker.

Whats "carm"?
Reply 8
2 2776
Whats "carm"?

i think it means warm!
Reply 9
waiting2smile

but you're not allowed to erase in exams *in case it goes through*, i always use biro because it's quick and neater than scribbling in fountain pen. i vary between black + blue- depends which pen i have a preference to at the time, so i go through phases.

lou xxx
Reply 10
Fountain pen, black ink. If i run out i have a spare cartridge, and i take a biro in case i don't have time to re-fill.

I find it manoeuvres with a greater fluidity than a regular biro, although i sometimes smudge the ink which can be quite annoying.
Reply 11
2 2776
I use biros. The Parker version. I write fast, very fast, yet very neat at the same time. The last thing I want in an exam is to replace an ink cartridge. So I use biros. Also it flows easily, doesn't need much pressure on the page to get ink out, and looks like a good work, If there was any mistake (rarely) I use tippex. quick drying, and neat.

I would agree, in exams I also write very quickly so the pen has to be quick and efficient, I generally use bic because most other biros (especially the Cancer Research ones) run out after about 5 minutes' writing.
2 2776
Whats "carm"?

I spelt it right didn't I?
Reply 13
Biro, easy to use, if they start to not work, you can buy 10 of them for 99pp why worry. Make a mistake? Cross it out and rewrite it, no need to waste time worrying about neatness.
Reply 14
2 2776
Whats "carm"?

calm, methinks.
If I could, I'd use pencils... my writing is much neater and I just prefer holding them!
Reply 16
happysunshine
I spelt it right didn't I?

nope, it's calm.

lou xxx
Lord Huntroyde
calm, methinks.

Sorry accent coming through.
Reply 18
happysunshine
If I could, I'd use pencils... my writing is much neater and I just prefer holding them!

you guys cant use pencils? thats ridiculous! thats all were allowed to use......i would kill to be able to use pen on exams!
lou p
nope, it's calm.

lou xxx

I do know how to spell that simple word, I swear... my spelling is so bad on here...

Latest

Trending

Trending