Which pen do you use in exams? Watch

This discussion is closed.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
you guys cant use pencils? thats ridiculous! thats all were allowed to use......i would kill to be able to use pen on exams!
I thought you had gone away?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you guys cant use pencils? thats ridiculous! thats all were allowed to use......i would kill to be able to use pen on exams!
'write in black or blue ink'

it's on every exam paper and is very annoying. you should be happy!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Personally i feel i write faster with a fountain pen and i'm much more comfortable using it, whereas with biros - there's a point where it doesn't come out very smoothly. Plus if you're using a fountain pen use a parker, the ink is longer and more lasting. I wrote three essays in my english mock exam and there was still half left.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I thought you had gone away?
yeah for a whole week! isnt that impressive, and after today im going to be gone for abouther week!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I would agree, in exams I also write very quickly so the pen has to be quick and efficient, I generally use bic because most other biros (especially the Cancer Research ones) run out after about 5 minutes' writing.
Yes, the cancer research ones, if you dissect them holds about 4 cm of ink. Cheapskates. But they write well for homework as they have the intensity of a gel pen, but also the fineness of a biro.

I find the Parker biro, the best one is better. Believe me, I have been through some very expensive biros. And I also find taht the Yellow Page ones are excellent for exams. I'm not sure why, but it has fluidity, and leaves no white marks at all. Look closely at other biros, when you write with it sometimes thaere are white lines int eh gaps, but with this baby, all is well.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah for a whole week! isnt that impressive, and after today im going to be gone for abouther week!
Very strange....
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For exams, you can't beat a good blue bic.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Personally i feel i write faster with a fountain pen and i'm much more comfortable using it, whereas with biros - there's a point where it doesn't come out very smoothly. Plus if you're using a fountain pen use a parker, the ink is longer and more lasting. I wrote three essays in my english mock exam and there was still half left.
Or Waterman! They use similar sized cartridges.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm suprised there are 26 posts in a thread about pens
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your answers can easily be changed or fade away....i wish we could use pencils they are so much easier to write with and easier to rub out mistakes.
Electric Magic
Report 16 years ago
I use biros, I don't think there's much speed difference between them and fountain pens. It's mainly because I'm always crossing things out, which looks much neater when done with biro (spot the oxymoron) and I'm prone to getting things smudged. Apart from the fact that my 4-year supply of ink cartridges was running out a year ago, I also find you can write smaller. And no smudging of course, I hate that.

By the way, at my school Tipp-Ex is an illegal substance , you're not allowed to use it in lessons and definitely not in exams, you should be concentrating on the content not the neatness of the handwriting... same applies for ink eradicators too, don't other schools speak out against the evils of correcting fluid? I mean, really! I'm appalled.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Another excellent thread huntroyde. I voted Biro.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tip: stay away from the 12 pens for like 39p from Wilkinsons.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Electric Magic)

By the way, at my school Tipp-Ex is an illegal substance , you're not allowed to use it in lessons and definitely not in exams, you should be concentrating on the content not the neatness of the handwriting... same applies for ink eradicators too, don't other schools speak out against the evils of correcting fluid? I mean, really! I'm appalled.
I've never got told off for using an ink erasor - mind you i haven't used one in quite a while.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I use biros, I don't think there's much speed difference between them and fountain pens. It's mainly because I'm always crossing things out, which looks much neater when done with biro (spot the oxymoron) and I'm prone to getting things smudged. Apart from the fact that my 4-year supply of ink cartridges was running out a year ago, I also find you can write smaller. And no smudging of course, I hate that.

My school's not that extreme, but it isn't allowed in exams and the teachers actively discourage it in lessons.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Biros are easier to write with they flow easier and you can write faster...but my writing is **** with Biro...Fountain pen makes it nicer...not that much nicer though. My presentation generally sucks in exams as does my writing :rolleyes:
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My school did say this, but noone actually cared as neatness is a way to achieve SPAG marks. And also you have enough time at the end of an exam to correct the mistakes, so might as well make it neat.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
My school did say this, but noone actually cared as neatness is a way to achieve SPAG marks. And also you have enough time at the end of an exam to correct the mistakes, so might as well make it neat.
Spelling, Puncuation and Grammar - that does not include neatness
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Spelling, Puncuation and Grammar - that does not include neatness
Do any of you have any tips of learning how to spell?
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Do any of you have any tips of learning how to spell?
don't copy me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads