Link doesnt work
Well we all know what they look like :rolleyes:
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
I tend to use my Cartier Pen for examinations : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=25352

Mummy intends to buy me the one which is worth £54,500 with 823 diamonds.
thats quite a lot for a pen......who actually has the MONEY for that?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
I do, naturally. Only the best for me.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
This person:

happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
This person:

If he created computers (or whatever he created), he wont need a pen.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I use blue biro/gel pen. I don't like using black pens and I don't use fountain pens either, cos I'm left-handed and it'd smudge (unless I wrote awkwardly).
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
I use blue biro/gel pen. I don't like using black pens and I don't use fountain pens either, cos I'm left-handed and it'd smudge (unless I wrote awkwardly).
I'm left handed and use a fountain pen, i write quite strange now, but very rarely smudge the ink. I used to use rollerballs but i broke them quickly because the ball used to go into the cartridge so i stopped using those.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I do, naturally. Only the best for me.
Ummm, OK.

I use a Parker fountain pen. I hate biros. I find that fountain pens seem to flow across the page better... not literally of course, and they put more ink on the page instead of leaving really weak bits. Also I don't like the way the ball points on biros seem to make me feel like there's more friction with the paper and I seem to have to drag them along rather than the smooth way fountain pens write. And that makes my handwriting even more messy.
LH
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
If he created computers (or whatever he created), he wont need a pen.
He invented Windows.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Ummm, OK.

I use a Parker fountain pen. I hate biros. I find that fountain pens seem to flow across the page better... not literally of course, and they put more ink on the page instead of leaving really weak bits. Also I don't like the way the ball points on biros seem to make me feel like there's more friction with the paper and I seem to have to drag them along rather than the smooth way fountain pens write. And that makes my handwriting even more messy.
really now? ive never had a fountain pen! only jelly rolls, bic's, and stanford's.
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I'm left handed and use a fountain pen, i write quite strange now, but very rarely smudge the ink. I used to use rollerballs but i broke them quickly because the ball used to go into the cartridge so i stopped using those.
Exactly, I just don't wanna write in a strange way.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
He invented Windows.
Exactly, no need to use a pen when he created Notepad.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Exactly, I just don't wanna write in a strange way.
It's not strange just very different to the standard writing style. I can't write the "standard" way i find it's very uncomfortable
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
It's not strange just very different to the standard writing style. I can't write the "standard" way i find it's very uncomfortable
It'd be uncomfortable for me if my writing was straight, but I write slanted, so that's not a problem. I wouldn't like writing with the paper at an angle though, or upside-down.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
It'd be uncomfortable for me if my writing was straight, but I write slanted, so that's not a problem. I wouldn't like writing with the paper at an angle though, or upside-down.
I've seen someone write with the paper side-ways and write up the page. I turn my pen "up-side down" so when i'm writing the nib is looking straight at me, that's the best way i can describe it.
ButterCookie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know how you can have time to use Tippex in an exam - I just scribble away. My writing is appauling by the end of the exam!
magicalsausage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aha now the issue of Pens is a very interesting one no? From my conclusive tests of pens (through a "knockout competition" in a stationary shop) I determined that my personal ideal pen is the Staedtler fineliner 306 S. It is smooth and flowing, yet is not too inky (as I experienced with my previous choice, the PaperMate accupoint (Fine)). You can write both slowly and quickly very neatly, it is comfortable to hold and never blots the page. Those of you who like to use thin paper will be glad to hear that the ink does not show through on the other side. And at around £1.20 - £1.50 (can't remember exactly) it's a Bargain!

Hmm the fact that I spent so much time finding the perfect pen probably says a lot about the state of my social life...
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I always use bic biros because they're quick and easy to write with as a post to the notes I make in class which I usually make in black fountain pen. I've never understood why everyone likes gel ink so much, I don't find them that easy too use.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't you think its about time exams were properly computerised? I don't know about you but I can type a lot faster than I can write!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Don't you think its about time exams were properly computerised? I don't know about you but I can type a lot faster than I can write!
my friend typed hers this year because she had very bad ecsema (sp) on her ahnd and she said it was so much easier- but ti would be distracting hearing everyone else typing and you'd have to make sure you couldn't see anyone elses screens etc. it's just not practical.

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads