Which pen do you use in exams? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
If there was any mistake (rarely) I use tippex. quick drying, and neat.

Are you allowed to use tippex in exams in England?
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think the problem with doing the things on computers is that you'd always get someone who could break through whatever restrictive controls they had put on the machines to go on the internet.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
I think the problem with doing the things on computers is that you'd always get someone who could break through whatever restrictive controls they had put on the machines to go on the internet.
Even if the computer wasn't physically connected to the internet?!
magicalsausage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Even if the computer wasn't physically connected to the internet?!
It is now that I am starting to see the flaws in my logic
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is now that I am starting to see the flaws in my logic

You know what these exam cheats are like, they'll stop at nothing!
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Discuss the merits and limitations of pens here.
fountain pen, blue ink. if i make a mistake, i put a line through. no messing around with tippex :rolleyes:
magicalsausage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
fountain pen, blue ink. if i make a mistake, i put a line through. no messing around with tippex
Ah but the question is Do you take in spare cartridges, and if so how many?
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah but the question is Do you take in spare cartridges, and if so how many?
i just make sure it's at least half full; i dont take in spare ones. they dont run out that fast.
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Once again, are you allowed to use tippex in exams in England? In N.I. we're not, and you can even have your paper discounted if you used tippex. I don't really know why.
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Once again, are you allowed to use tippex in exams in England? In N.I. we're not, and you can even have your paper discounted if you used tippex. I don't really know why.
AFAIK, no. you just cross stuff out.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Are you allowed to use tippex in exams in England?
Yes.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes.
wow i can't believe this thread is still continuing, We're not allowed to use tippex in skool or exams
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On seeing the post above, I am starting to be a bit weary. I used tippex in GCSE's, and the question paper does not say that you are not allowed to use them.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I use biros. The Parker version. I write fast, very fast, yet very neat at the same time. The last thing I want in an exam is to replace an ink cartridge. So I use biros. Also it flows easily, doesn't need much pressure on the page to get ink out, and looks like a good work, If there was any mistake (rarely) I use tippex. quick drying, and neat.
tut tut.... can't use tippex in exams....

edit: oops, should read the thread before replying.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
tut tut.... can't use tippex in exams....

edit: oops, should read the thread before replying.
Please say you can. I used a lot of tippex in my exams. this is not really funny any more.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Please say you can. I used a lot of tippex in my exams. this is not really funny any more.
on the exam regulations it clearly says "attempting to cover up what you have written is paramount to cheating. this includes using 'tipp-ex' or 'ink erasers'. if you do make a mistake, cross it out in such a way that it is still legible to the examiner"
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
on the exam regulations it clearly says "attempting to cover up what you have written is paramount to cheating. this includes using 'tipp-ex' or 'ink erasers'. if you do make a mistake, cross it out in such a way that it is still legible to the examiner"
Well in teh maths paper, which I have before me, it does not say that.

You are joking when they say that tippex is connected to cheating..right? Because surely rubber would be banned as well...
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bio/Chem papers both do not say this. Thank the lord. If the thing is true then all I have to say is that the unis are being pricks
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Haven't seen that on any exams before, but you should not use correcting fluid in an exam anyway.

I've been told by an exam marker that if you make an error, you should cross it out with a Z-shaped line. That way, the marker knows not to mark it. If however, you change your mind and you do want it marked, then just write 'ignore crossing out' and it shall be marked.

I've also been told that apparently, the marker can still mark crossed out work even if you do not write this.

J.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well in teh maths paper, which I have before me, it does not say that.

You are joking when they say that tippex is connected to cheating..right? Because surely rubber would be banned as well...
it doesn't say that on the exam paper, but on the exam regulations. its the booklet you have to read and sign that you understand.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads