Which pen do you use in exams? Watch

This discussion is closed.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
it doesn't say that on the exam paper, but on the exam regulations. its the booklet you have to read and sign that you understand.
OK, I never got that...

It is true the examiner would try to mark the crossed out bits if the other answer is incorrect. I personally know that the examiner would not mark a tippexed paper as you cannot see teh words underneath.

Thats the only downside with tippex.

I also do not see how using tippex is concordant with cheating.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i used my free OXFAM pen - ha ha - i want to see if it's lucky!
American Psycho
Report 16 years ago
The trusty biro is advisable. Black, always.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you use Tippex the examiner does not know who used it, it could have been a teacher correcting exam papers before sending them off. If you cross something out it won't be marked, but if you do a lot of crossing out it won't make a very good impression on the examiner.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well as regards rubbers, in Scotland at least we have to write in pen so rubbers are a bit pointless anyway. I think they see tipp-ex as cheating as it could be to cover up evidence of cheating somehow, or would perhaps indicate pure guesswork rather than real knowledge used to reach answers.
American Psycho
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
Well as regards rubbers, in Scotland at least we have to write in pen so rubbers are a bit pointless anyway. I think they see tipp-ex as cheating as it could be to cover up evidence of cheating somehow, or would perhaps indicate pure guesswork rather than real knowledge used to reach answers.

We have to use pens in exams in England too. You are not allowed to use a pencil.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by American Psycho)
The trusty biro is advisable. Black, always.
anouther american! always good on a UK forum!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I always use a blue bic biro. I take about 5 into the exam with me, bcz i get paranoid they will run out, but they never have yet... i also try to then use the same biro for all my exams to see how long it will last. i had a gcse biro and and a level biro.

wow. what a tragic insight into my life.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
anouther american! always good on a UK forum!
it would be helpful to read his posts first, rather than his name, for you would find that he is in england.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Parker pen. Smoother than a fountain pen and writes neater. There's also more ink in one cartridge and I love it. Though sometimes I might use a biro as you can write faster with it.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
Ah but the question is Do you take in spare cartridges, and if so how many?
Yeah, I take in about 1/2 spares.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah, I take in about 1/2 spares.
i only take one spare. the chances of me using more than one are infinitessimal.
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i only take one spare. the chances of me using more than one are infinitessimal.
Tempting fate isn't a good thing, elpaw...
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Tempting fate isn't a good thing, elpaw...
I take in 3/4 pens of different thicknesses for essay based exams, and swap every time my hand starts to hurt as the different grip you apply to each thickness of pen means your hand doesnt tense as much because i get really bad pain when writing, i dont know whether its scientific or psychological but it works!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I use Bic biros (invariably blue).

I seem to hold pens in a strange way though (irrespective of type), I always tend to develop a build up of hard skin on my index finger during the exam period.
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mont Blanc
LH
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I see the humble biro is very popular, but I wonder which make is the most popular...maybe I should start another poll about biros only...
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I see the humble biro is very popular, but I wonder which make is the most popular...maybe I should start another poll about biros only...

Maybe you're right- I think the world has a right to know.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Maybe you're right- I think the world has a right to know.
LOL, how interesting the biro is. :rolleyes:

It's obvious that most people use bics or a cheap pen with no make.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I use Bic biros (invariably blue).

I seem to hold pens in a strange way though (irrespective of type), I always tend to develop a build up of hard skin on my index finger during the exam period.
I do too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads