This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
I use Bic biros (invariably blue).

I seem to hold pens in a strange way though (irrespective of type), I always tend to develop a build up of hard skin on my index finger during the exam period.
I get a lump on my middle finger, where the pen rests on it, and it pulls the skin away from the nail a bit as well

I don't have a preferred make of biro; at the moment I'm working my way through the vast collection of free ones I got at the Freshers' fair this year
cherrydrops1985
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I get a lump on my middle finger, where the pen rests on it, and it pulls the skin away from the nail a bit as well

I don't have a preferred make of biro; at the moment I'm working my way through the vast collection of free ones I got at the Freshers' fair this year
lol same here on ma middle finger!! cez i press the pen so hard! damn i cant use fountain pens i always split the nib!
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SparklLZz)
lol same here on ma middle finger!! cez i press the pen so hard! damn i cant use fountain pens i always split the nib!

Yes, I too have the lump.
londongirl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a lump on the finger next to the middle one...... cos i hold the pen really weird lol.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i always used to use foutnain pen but last year in my a2 exams i enarly got disqualified for using an ink eraser (and no i'm not joking) I had a particularly evil outside invigilator. Incidentally this woman let someone anwer their mobile in an exam... obviously she just hated me.I got this nasty letter from the school the morning before my next exam and i was in total hysterics. Funilly enough i skrewed up that exam
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Didn't your school tell you not to use ink erasers? We had it drummed into us from our very first year exams!
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i eagerly await the day when exams are all done on laptops. even more eagerly awaited is the day when exams are abolished.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
i eagerly await the day when exams are all done on laptops. even more eagerly awaited is the day when exams are abolished.
exams will never be abolished. the whole point of education is to do an exam at the end. or so it seems.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
exams will never be abolished. the whole point of education is to do an exam at the end. or so it seems.
exams will never die - it will always be the basis of judgement
ddan
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Fountain pen makes your handwriting look neater + you can erase it as well.
i also use a fountain pen b cause it is neater
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
yeh, education is stupid like that. touching on an oxymoron there.
*dave*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I cant believe there has been a whole thread about pens!
acidbubble
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
parker fountian vector i think it is black in colour, have been using the same type of pen since i was a wee lad, after pencils.... i take three spare ink cartridges in an exam, cause some1 else might need one :P
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Most exams are an excercise in controlled regurgitation.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
I cant believe there has been a whole thread about pens!
Pens are incredibly important.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Right these are what i use in the exams:

Maths: Blue Bic Biro (medium)
Physics: Black Bic Biro (medium)
Economics: Black ballpoint, Pilot G-1, 0.7 nib

Damn can't belive I have different pens for each subject.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Pens are incredibly important.
yeh, the pen is far mightier than the sword, if aimed correctly.
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Yes.
we're not aloud to use tippex or anythin like that......they've banned it apparently......from schools, exams and especially courseworks!!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed