The Student Room Group

Selling Sweets At School

At school, we have a really expensive sweet shop, so I've started selling sweets to just my class, so it's a better deal for them and I can make a little bit of profit. Is this illegal or anythin? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

How old are you?! Sooo many people used to do this in like Y7.
Reply 2
It probably isn't illegal but your school might not allow it. Just don't get caught and it's fine! :biggrin:
Heres a tip, sell them Freddo's as at 17p the profit margins must be insane.
People at my school sell all sorts of foods secretly such as doughnuts, fizzy drinks and cookies. One person I know made enough money in a few weeks from selling Penguin bars to buy a Nintendo DS. :eek:
Reply 5
Original post by pumps101
At school, we have a really expensive sweet shop, so I've started selling sweets to just my class, so it's a better deal for them and I can make a little bit of profit. Is this illegal or anythin? :s-smilie:

No, its not illegal but the school probably wouldn't be happy if they found out so don't let any teachers see. I used to do this and make £10 profit a day so £50 a week and I loved it! What sweets do you sell?
Reply 6
Theres a guy I know who's in 2nd year at secondary school. I think that equates to Year 8 in England? Anyway, he makes roughly £20 a day selling sweets in school and over £100 a week :eek:
Reply 7
I used to do this in year 8. I bought 100g chocolate bars from lidl for 21p and sold them for 50p, it was great! After a year or so they put the price up to like 32p so it stopped being worth it really. They're like 65p now...:frown:

I don't think its illegal but school might be pissed at you if someone finds out and bothers to do anything about it. What with healthy school, taking canteen profits etc...
I'd carry on, if they catch you just say it 'being entrpreneureal' sp?
My brother used to do this all the time, until he got caught & excluded that is.
Reply 9
Its not like you're selling drugs is it? Some guys did this at my school, and as long as you don't start setting up a shop on a table or something you'll be fine.
Alot of people do it in my school. Its not illegal but just make sure you do not get caught as there are some serious consequences like saturday det. ( well in my school )
Reply 11
You get put in unit at my school for doing such acts.
It's a shame, 7 packs of chewits for £1 in iceland. 50p each = £3.50.
Easy tenner a day with a bit of hard selling.
A guy from my school used to bake brownies every morning and sell them. This was in 6th form as well.
At first people thought it was a tad odd but it became a normal thing and people from all year groups used to find him to buy brownies lol
Doing this for 2 years I bet he made a fair bit of cash.
Def not illegal but definitely annoys the school if they find out.
my school excludes you for doing such an act. It's not allowed - you should use the food availablity in the school canteen which is full of rubbish and very expensive. But again that's how schools make some of the profit required to support students.
Reply 14
I remember a guy at my school used to do this! People were so stupid he could charge about £3.50 for a bag of Haribo that cost him about 80p!

Then the Asian's caught on and started selling dodgy sim cards lol :biggrin:
lol kids at my school used to do that :smile: they all stopped in YR11 because it was taken too much of their time and they needed to concentrate in school, Its quite common in Comprehensive Schools in London though :/
Original post by thecdon
I remember a guy at my school used to do this! People were so stupid he could charge about £3.50 for a bag of Haribo that cost him about 80p!

Then the Asian's caught on and started selling dodgy sim cards lol :biggrin:

lol future corner shop guy haha :wink:

Reply 17
My friend used to do this y7/8. She used to make loads 'cause of all the healthy eating crap as it was the only way to get fizzy drinks/sweets etc. :tongue:
Reply 18
Lol. I used to do this... It's a great way of making a lot of money quickly haha. It isn't illegal, but if your school notices they will most likely get very pissed off. One of my classmates 'tattled' on me in Y8 and I got dragged to the principle's office and got yelled at and received a warning and had a letter sent home, haha. So just don't get caught and you're good.
Reply 19
Original post by ProfessorS
My brother used to do this all the time, until he got caught & excluded that is.

:lolwut: just a bit of sweets, not like drugs or alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending