The Student Room Group

Selling Sweets At School

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
LOL schools need to start encouraging entrepreneurial attitudes.
technically it is illegal because your not paying tax and stuff, but you can make lots of money if you dont get caught by the teachers!
It is illegal, as you're not charging VAT. You could get prosecuted in theory, but I doubt anybody would go to the bother.

I never cared for it, and I've always been the tallest one in my year, so it's difficult to be stealthy and elusive.

People did it up until year 11 in my school, but it wasn't just sweets. There was a different person for sweets, doughnuts, drinks, crisps and occasionally cigars (but that was just a fad). It did seem rather profitable, but then, the school really did crack down on people who did it.

I'm really surprised people are talking about having a sweet shop XD. We were discouraged from bringing money in excess of lunch money for security reasons. Half of your class would try to nick anything you had, and the other half would get mugged a few meters of the school. Heh, East London... :wink:
Reply 43
Depends on the school whether they will allow it. Last year everyone had to start up a small enterprise in my school. The people selling sweets were told they had to be sugarfree sweets. They just ignored this, pretended they were, and made £1000+. Quite lucrative really. My enterprise group only made £16.:tongue:
Reply 44
What type of sweets are the best to sell
I sell lucazades for a pound but I only bought it for a pound
lol i do it is there anything i could sell for cheap uk im yr 7
I think it is where you from if America it illegal mate because it said in a vid,e from America if England I don't know but yeah I want to know to for when I start secondary school cause money 👈😍
Original post by Dylcon
What type of sweets are the best to sell

Twin go to ammerica to get kit at big cat they are best sellers
Can y4 sell sweets
Original post by 15taylorc
I sell lucazades for a pound but I only bought it for a pound

Sell mountain due mate best sellers
Yes you get the death sentence
no its not illegal and i sell sweats in school but the problem is, is there like a shop online where i can get them from?
you are encouraging your classmates to get dental decay & obesity. is that how you want to live your life ?
It's illegal but don't worry, most teachers don't care and I sell sweets in my school and have made over £270. Someone in my school made £1000 from year 7 -year 11. I have been caught and mostly they don't care, but I've been shut down 4 times which is probably the worst that can happen
Original post by Ears
You get put in unit at my school for doing such acts.
It's a shame, 7 packs of chewits for £1 in iceland. 50p each = £3.50.
Easy tenner a day with a bit of hard selling.

I make £30 a day from fruit pastilles, monster energy and mento fruit.
young entrepreneur. I like it. keep up the hard work and you'll be a millionaire soon
i think so
My mate at secondary makes roughly £40 a day as he sells them to all year he’s jut bought a £400 tv and AirPods pro
Reply 59
How much is he selling them for👀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending