The Student Room Group

EDL founder claims he is target of Islamist death threat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lovely88
Why are we the taxpayers paying for his protection?! He choose to be racist and created EDL so he should have known the consequences from the beginning duh!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/04/edl-death-threat-luton-protest

Fortunately we let people have their own opinions in this country, without the threat of violence. Just because 'in your opinion' he has 'racist' views, does not mean he should be treated like any less of a human being who is receiving death threats from a bullish community.
Reply 21
Original post by Sushidelight
My heart would also bleed for him.

My heart also bleeds but not for the reasons you have just said mainly for the reason that if my heart did not pump blood I would pretty much be dead. :tongue:
Reply 22
Is Stephen Lennon a paedophile as well? Like old Pricey?
Reply 23
Original post by Lovely88
Why are we the taxpayers paying for his protection?! He choose to be racist and created EDL so he should have known the consequences from the beginning duh!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/04/edl-death-threat-luton-protest

Freedom of speech

The right to life.

Little thing called human rights they do not apply selectively
He has a right to police protection, just as much as he has the right to announce his views in public, as long as he does that peacefully and encourages anyone who follows him to be peaceful. I find his views deplorable but we live in a democracy and he has the right to protection as much as any of us do if we receive credible death threats.

Lots of people don't agree with the student protests but I think most would be quite happy for Aaron Porter to receive police protection if he got death threats from extremist upper class conservatives.
Original post by Hardballer
If you were going to kill somebody then surely you wouldnt be retarded enough to announce it.

Lee Harvey Oswold didnt announce his plans on CNN the day before JFK's assassination.

In other words....FAILLLLLLLL

The EDL have released video evidence that the threat is serious:

Tommy's Luton hate fest was a fail:

Not exactly Tahrir Square :rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by juanmodesto
Tommy Luton hate fest was a fail:

Not exactly Tahrir Square :rofl:

Lol. And fascists came all the way from Scandinavia, Germany and the Netherlands to be part of this, the so-called 'big one'. This is quite good too: EDL hardman fronts up, gets his cap knocked off and bottles it :biggrin:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/8305751/Rival-protesters-clash-with-EDL-at-Luton-station.html
EDL embodying the best of English culture as usual:

It's always fun to see how illiberal most so-called liberals are. You slags!
Instead of shrieking 'Nazi!' or 'Fascist!' whenever we see a group we dissapprove of (I'm NOT denying that there are right-wing extremists in the EDL) why don't we ask WHY groups like this emerge.

If preceding governments had kept immigration under control (hard working, law abiding immigrants in, bigotted extremists kept firmly out) and not let Islamic extremists into Britain in the first place, groups like the EDL wouldn't exist.

If preceding governments hadn't insisted on the cultural relativism that comes with multiculturalism, then it's also likely Islamic extremism wouldn't have taken root.

No tolerance for intolerance, no apology for being free.

P.S. Anyone notice how the UAF never seem to speak out against Sharia Law in the UK?

Now that truely is fascism, specifically of the clerical kind.

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2006/3/18/alliance-with-bigots-wont-halt-fascists.html
Original post by Hardballer
Listen....as long as theres islamic extremists about, there should be right wing extremists...this is the basis of a good democracy with free speech from all sides of the spectrum.

And where is the freedom of speech for islamic extremists then in your 'good democracy'? I don't see Abu Hamsa on QT and it won't happen.
Reply 32
Original post by Political_Pap
And where is the freedom of speech for islamic extremists then in your 'good democracy'? I don't see Abu Hamsa on QT and it won't happen.

Question time blows anyway
Reply 33
Meh, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
I disagree with his views and therefore he shouldn't be afforded protection under law.
Fascist much, OP?

edit: not that I actually read the article. :colonhash:
Original post by Political_Pap

Nick Griffin went on question time, if you remember.

Not popular enough to merit a place on a BBC television program =/= bereft of free speech.
massive ****.
Reply 37
He made his bed and now he should lie in it.
This is what you get for creating and heading an organisation of racist bigoted neanderthals.
Reply 38
EDL protect this country so go away back to porkistan where u belong

kick out all the immigrants xxxxx
Reply 39
Original post by Redkicker
EDL protect this country so go away back to porkistan where u belong

kick out all the immigrants xxxxx

I hope your not serious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending