The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

URGENT ! imperial rejection !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radmuffin
No, it's not, I got an offer for Biochemistry in November 2010 with a medical application.

Nice one! But I wouldn't risk it like you did :wink:

I'm not saying you'll definitely get rejected, but it is possible (as my friends and TS have already shown) to be rejected on the basis of mismatched subject essays.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
GO TO IMPERIAL admissions and confront them. If you believe that you were good, they should be able to give you a legitimate reason. No use emailing them or calling them, visit the admissions department and the admissions tutors.

you said you got 4 rejections chances of going to uni are getting pretty slim. Make every effort mate.
Reply 42
Original post by BrilliantMinds
Nice one! But I wouldn't risk it like you did :wink:

I'm not saying you'll definitely get rejected, but it is possible (as my friends and TS have already shown) to be rejected on the basis of mismatched subject essays.

Aha, thanks ;D Someone on here also got in the year before I applied too (w/ a medic app). I didn't think it was that risky, to be honest, guess I should've researched more (although I didn't plan on taking up my fifth option, anyway).
Reply 43
Original post by Turkay
Hi guys , I got rejection from imperial but ? dont know if its because of my grades or they rejected me because ? applied "biochemistry" course but my personal statement was based on medicine .Altough ? sent them a seperate personal statement they sent me a rejection .Now ? do not know what to do ? got 4 rejections .

IGCSE : A*A*A*AAAB
AS : A A A A A B

Predictions : A*A*AAA

Lots of experience

What do you think ?? Grades or PS ??:frown:

Note : I sent them e-mail for feedback but they havent sent a response .

Statement probably :frown: Your grades seem great. What subjects and what experience did you say you have?
Reply 44
Original post by Phalange
Statement probably :frown: Your grades seem great. What subjects and what experience did you say you have?

AS levels

Biology A
Chemistry A
MAths A (94%)
Applied ICT A (92%)
Turkish A
Physics B

A level predictions

A*A* (maths and Chem) AAA

Work Experience

* Work as an assistant in medical biochemistry laboratory
* Shadowing for 5 months
* Working in a rehabilitation and physiotherapy center for 3 months
*Charity for cancerous people
Reply 45
how is this urgent ?
Original post by Turkay
Hi guys , I got rejection from imperial but ? dont know if its because of my grades or they rejected me because ? applied "biochemistry" course but my personal statement was based on medicine .Altough ? sent them a seperate personal statement they sent me a rejection .Now ? do not know what to do ? got 4 rejections .

IGCSE : A*A*A*AAAB
AS : A A A A A B

Predictions : A*A*AAA

Lots of experience

What do you think ?? Grades or PS ??:frown:

Note : I sent them e-mail for feedback but they havent sent a response .

nothing to do with your grades, which are fantastic
Reply 47
Original post by Turkay
AS levels

Biology A
Chemistry A
MAths A (94%)
Applied ICT A (92%)
Turkish A
Physics B

A level predictions

A*A* (maths and Chem) AAA

Work Experience

* Work as an assistant in medical biochemistry laboratory
* Shadowing for 5 months
* Working in a rehabilitation and physiotherapy center for 3 months
*Charity for cancerous people

Wow hmm those are a lot of A levels. I bet it was all your statement because your academics are impressive. Can I read your statement by PM?
But yes, I would query them. Once in my college, someone got rejected because they got a B in one of their modules (This was the reason given). So my college appealed and said it was an unreasonable reason and they got in :smile:
Reply 48
Wow hmm those are a lot of A levels. I bet it was all your statement because your academics are impressive. Can I read your statement by PM?
But yes, I would query them. Once in my college, someone got rejected because they got a B in one of their modules (This was the reason given). So my college appealed and said it was an unreasonable reason and they got in :smile:

Hey ? want to ask you some questions :smile: I have a problem ? got 4 rejections and the last one is abeerden medical school so ? had a look to ucas extra yesterday and imperial is in extra in biotechnology so if abeerden sent rejection too late this course will not have places right :/ ? and if ? apply to biotech what do you think , will they accept me or will ? end up with a rejection again ?
Reply 49
Original post by Turkay
Hey ? want to ask you some questions :smile: I have a problem ? got 4 rejections and the last one is abeerden medical school so ? had a look to ucas extra yesterday and imperial is in extra in biotechnology so if abeerden sent rejection too late this course will not have places right :/ ? and if ? apply to biotech what do you think , will they accept me or will ? end up with a rejection again ?

I'm surprised Imperial even has spots. Umm how does ucas extra work? Do you pick 5 more or something? I think the spot will go quickly but as long as you redo your statement I think you'll be ok.
Reply 50
I'm surprised Imperial even has spots. Umm how does ucas extra work? Do you pick 5 more or something? I think the spot will go quickly but as long as you redo your statement I think you'll be ok.[/QU

you choose one more course .
Reply 51
Original post by Turkay
I'm surprised Imperial even has spots. Umm how does ucas extra work? Do you pick 5 more or something? I think the spot will go quickly but as long as you redo your statement I think you'll be ok.

you choose one more course .

Do you write a new statement?
Well, biotechnology and biochemistry are identical for first two years...
I'd highly recommend you redo your statement and you have a shot then. BUT the admissions are the same I believe so I'm not sure how they would respond to the same applicant :| How about looking at a uni like Royal Holloway or Queen Mary?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
Do you write a new statement?
Well, biotechnology and biochemistry are identical for first two years...
I'd highly recommend you redo your statement and you have a shot then. BUT the admissions are the same I believe so I'm not sure how they would respond to the same applicant :| How about looking at a uni like Royal Holloway or Queen Mary?

No I want to apply imperial college , I will write a brand new ps, after the abeerden's decision.I think it is not so competitive course as it enters in to ucas extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending