Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend split up with me this week, although i had to sort of find it out for myself, its really confusing, but basically he didnt make it clear to me and i had to 'take the hint' type thing. so ever since ive been pretty down. Things have been weird for a while and the past week or so we hadnt really been in touch at all, despite being so close before he went to uni. I'm tryin to get over him but its hard. He still wants to be friends, cos he is that type of guy and if he is close to someone he doesnt want them to just be out of his life because the relationship cant work etc, so hes close to all his ex's. Anyway, I dont know how I am taking to it all though. I think I'm moving on a bit, but I'm still completly paranoid about him being with other girls. He sometimes txts and still refers to me in intimate ways like i would expect of a boyfriend - 'gorgeous', 'honey' etc. I like the fact that he still treats me in a special kinda way but Im scared Im gonna take his signals the wrong way. I dont think that by this he means anything, but when im down it gets my hopes up that it does. He picked me up the other day and gave me a lift home - he offered etc and it was very brief, which sorta indicates to me that he just wanted to see me, even if it was only for a short period - i could have easily walked as i do it every day. It was nice to know he wanted to see me.
    So then i think that things are ok between us, and in a silly unrealistic way i still think there's maybe hope for him wanting to be with me. But then today he is very distant with me again - like he was all last week. I was on msn and he didnt speak to me which probably meant he was busy, but i cant help analysin things in my head and thinking it meant more.
    I'm really confused by his signals and its getting me down even more. Im finding it hard to move on because i know that even if i dont want to admit it, i still have feelings for him. Sorry for my ramblings, just felt i had to get some things off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    one word of advice. dont listen to your feelings on msn, they come across differently! there cud be loads of reasons for why he didnt reply. im always doing that so dont! talk to him in person, make him tell you where you stand as hes obviously just as confused as you are about it by the sounds, seeing as he didnt dumo you as such. just try not to hold on to too much hope, incase the news is bad!

ReputationRep:
    hey, maybe you can relate a little to my story - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t171325.html

i think to be honest what you've got to do at the moment is ignore him and try and move on... he's treated you pretty badly it seems although it can be hard to recognise if you've got caught up in the relationship. from what you've said it seems as though he just wants to be mates, so if you don't think that would work out then it's probably best to distance yourself for a while at least (as i've found out) otherwise you may just get more hurt

hope that was some help and that it works out for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.