Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont suppose anyone could help me out quickly with the OCR assignment coursework for A2.

It's on video game violence, and i have to make a point about gender differences in relation to video game violence....

ReputationRep:
    I can help you with violence and gender, but not specific video game violence.

One study by Portwood, and educational psychologist, (1971 the year, I think - this is all gonna come from memory! I can check later) found males with an extra 'Y' chromosome, who were XYY, were more violent and aggreessive, she called them 'supermales' so this could be gender.

Also Bandura and his Social Learning Theory (SLT) wish the bashing bo bo doll, found that male children would imitate a models behaviour, and even more so if rewarded.

Bandura et al (60’s & 70’s) children exposed to aggressive models either real personsor cartoon figures. Results: increased aggression by child to ‘Bo Bo’ doll - boys much more so than girls

Leyens et al (1975) Boys who watched violent movies were more physically and verbally aggressive.

Berkowitz (1993) Agressive children exposed to TV violence, gradually became desensitised to violence, imitated violence, esp boys. Similar ones include Black & Bevan (1992) who looked at the effect of watching violent film in cinema, or TV - had greater impact in cinema, esp if identify with character. However Wood et al (not sure of year ) found this effect to be short term.

Ummmm thats all I can think of now but if you want I'll dig out my notes You can also bring the whole Jamie Bulger case in, with the boys 'allegedly' watching Childsplay before they did it, just for a bit of current news (ish)

Hope this helps! Sorry if it doesnt :blush:

ReputationRep:
    oooh thanks gem!

cant use Bandura tho, as i already used that in the first paragraph.

Berkowitz (1993) looks ok, ill look it up, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Cool hope it was of some use My years might be a *bit* wrong cos it was out my head, but I can check tomorrow for you, and look through my crime stuff and see if I can find anything else if you like! I did OCR Psych

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Cool hope it was of some use My years might be a *bit* wrong cos it was out my head, but I can check tomorrow for you, and look through my crime stuff and see if I can find anything else if you like! I did OCR Psych

the deadline for the rough draft is tomorrow , so ill just look up Berkowitz and hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    the deadline for the rough draft is tomorrow , so ill just look up Berkowitz and hope
    Awww you'll be ok hun :hugs:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.