Turn on thread page Beta

I hate poetry... and as poetry goes, I dislike Seamus Heaney poetry more than most... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why do I need to back up the very pointed comment that you are all idiots if (a) you hate poetry and (b) you dismiss Seamus Heaney, one of the greatest living users of the English language, out of hand? Or are you just a closet ******-racist, TS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anycon)
    Why do I need to back up the very pointed comment that you are all idiots if (a) you hate poetry and (b) you dismiss Seamus Heaney, one of the greatest living users of the English language, out of hand? Or are you just a closet ******-racist, TS?
    ******-racist? What an excellent word!!!! I will start using it in daily conversation! Starting now!

Anycon, you ******-racist!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, good old Seamus Heaney, legend, he went to my school, dont diss the Heaney

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Heaney, I remember him well. We actually named an island after him. The Isle of Heaney, inhabitted by the close comunity of Heanians. It wasn't in a celebration of his talent though. Twas for a radio report thing in English, and I got to speak in a Scottish accent which amused greatly.

I like simple poetry though. Like The Death Of A Fly by Steve Turner. Cracks me up every time.

ReputationRep:
    The only good poem in the world?

If, Rudyard Kipling. I know it of by heart - words to live by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    and yet, here I sit trying to write a Heaney essay for tomorrow. *sigh*
    Are you doing English at Uni? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    ******-racist? What an excellent word!!!! I will start using it in daily conversation! Starting now!

Anycon, you ******-racist!!!!!
    Too many exclamation marks. Ick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anycon)
    Too many exclamation marks. Ick.
    Are you prejudiced against exclamation marks?
    ******-racist

ReputationRep:
    don't hate poetry! its amazing!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.