Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im in 2nd year of computer scinece at sussex uni and well I struggled through most of the 1st year and now I just feel like giving it all in. Its so odd as all through school and college i was dead set on going to uni and thinking its the way, a way of securing a decent future and job. But now im like lost interest and im really struggling wtih frigging assignments and I hate most if not all of the subjects that they mkae us do.

I really dont know what to do. Has anyone been through this that would be willing to help me out? My parents are going to be so disapppiointed in me as they always think I quit things. But I did well ins chool and college and worked hard but since uni I havent at all. Feel like a big tard. I really wish I could do the work as I guess it would be ok to get a job in this industry but I dontthink I could just be sat in front of a screen all my life. I already feel very far behind and alreayd thinking of njot doing my assignment simply because i cant do it! I know this is a defetist attitude. But i never thought I would come to this. Sucks so much.

ReputationRep:
    Could you ask if you could switch to another course that might just inspire you a little bit more? It doesn't necessarily mean you have to drop out, just switch around, look into your other options? Just because you don't enjoy CompSci, it doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy Higher Education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    Could you ask if you could switch to another course that might just inspire you a little bit more? It doesn't necessarily mean you have to drop out, just switch around, look into your other options? Just because you don't enjoy CompSci, it doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy Higher Education?
    But its mid way through term, i cant do that can i? wihtout it requiring lots of work and motivation? I feel bored of university. I have already annoyed people at uni enough with trying to switch courses(never did though) got arranged then I switchted back.. I would rather have a degree than not and be in university than not.. jus got to sort myself out.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.