Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is not a mathematical question:
    WHAT happened to the people (members) who were regularly here few months ago? like RichE, Newton and all those people? most of the members here are new! any one had changed his/her account? or something?
    (i made this thread here beause i'm asking about the people who were used to be in THIS forum)

ReputationRep:
    yazan, I remember them aswell! I was around that time .. I guess they moved on .. they were quite smart to stay around in this forum.

:cool:

Edit: Newton was banned, and dvs is still around. RichE disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    Why was Newton banned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC)
    Why was Newton banned?
    He made his own maths forum and started advertising it on here. And it was against TSR rules to advertise other forums on TSR.

Although he did create multiple accounts after his original one...

ReputationRep:
    Surely every september the membership slightly shifts. For instance some users may stop coming on when they go to university, or if they stop doing maths etc.

I don't think that it is the case with Newton or RichE... ...maybe they have found something better to do.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know that Newton was banned....
    but about anyone being "quite smart to stay arround" some of them had always been smart, and didnt leave because they were smart!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, where are RichE and Fermat?

Gaz and Jonny_W seem to still be around, although not as often as before.

ReputationRep:
    Hi lads,

I've left TSR, I'm afraid

As some of you may know, I'm not a young fella any more. And, since a short while ago, Ive been finding myself making silly mistakes in posts, not just typos, but errors of substance. I blame it all on you lot! One has to be fast to answer posts on here (before any one else ) and I really do need time now to check my replies, and even then I'm not always certain - c'est mon age, c'est la vie!
    So I decided to leave on a high! I still had a reasonably good reputation (pardon the pun ) on TSR and I didn't want to tarnish that.

I now visit another forum, this one on Physics and Maths mainly, but other science subjects too. I answer posts mainly in the phyics forum(s), although what they call (introductory) physics seems to consist a lot of what we would call mechanics, M1 - M6.

Oh yes, nylex goes there too.

Ciao,
    Fermat

ReputationRep:
    :hello:
    No matter what mistakes you did, you are still very helpful :cool:
    No matter how old you are, you are still our fellow

Come back sometimes. We miss u
    I've been to Physics forum before, but now my course is mainly maths, so I have been there for a long time

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.