Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon500uk)
    i dont think they will. If they'd given the name of my room mate and I'd facebooked her - i'd have said "no way hosay" and went to another uni.

hahaha, was it that bad? 'cause I've heard of some pretty awful room mate-stories before

ReputationRep:
    She was constantly naked.

She had sex in my shower.

She liked to eat pickles and brocolli in the room.

She wouldnt actually let me watch the tv in the room.

Her friends thought it was a hangout place - at three in the morning.

She constantly complained at how expensive scotland was "I only got money last week and i have four pounds to last me a month". What she forgot was she constantly smoked cannabis and drank until it flooded out of her ears everynight - and then came in and watched TV.

She didnt wash her towels from august-may.

She kept leavind dirty knickers and used condoms in the bathroom.

She had a huge nose.

ReputationRep:

She constantly complained at how expensive scotland was "I only got money last week and i have four pounds to last me a month". What she forgot was she constantly smoked cannabis and drank until it flooded out of her ears everynight - and then came in and watched TV.

She had a huge nose.

Wow that's pretty bad :mad:

ReputationRep:

She had a huge nose.
    O.o I know exactly who you are talking about, and I can definately see that happening with that group...Did you ever request a single room?

ReputationRep:
    You actually know her?!

O_O O_O O_O

I did, twice - there were never any rooms available apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my ideal roommate! Then again, I'm a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarshallM)
    Sounds like my ideal roommate! Then again, I'm a guy.
    Haha "Female Roomate wanted, must leave dirty underwear on floor and have sex in the shower"

ReputationRep:
    Can we cut the second part out of that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    huh....men!

And I sympathise Dragon, she sounds like an absolute nightmare....

ReputationRep:
    ha ha, she sounds kind of cool, but a nightmare to live with! Any name drops or accidental facebook links?

ReputationRep:
    You actually know her?!

O_O O_O O_O

I did, twice - there were never any rooms available apparently.
    Sorry the better way to put it was that I knew of her and her exploits. I really enjoyed being in a group of second years and watching all the freshers screw around. Can't wait to move out this year though...

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how many people here use facebook?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing many...I'm one of them!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone i've ever spoken to in St Andrews either had facebook when they came - or got it when they got here (like me)

Its vital communication.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got facebook, but will probably get it when I start uni....:rolleyes:
    I have bebo, but can't stand it!! :mad:

ReputationRep:

She had a huge nose.
    I feel sorry for you She must have an absolute nightmare to live with. Gosh I hope I get a single room, I wouldnt stand someone living with 24-7.

ReputationRep:
    Dear lord Dragon, that is one awful room mate. One question though, if you'd checked her out on facebook prior to moving in with her, you'd only see her giant nose right, or would you have been able to deduce the rest as well?

your story has made me feel really sorry for my friend studying at Imperial... she has TWO room mates.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    The few people you find who don't have facebook usually end up being converted a few months down the line. It took me a while to give in, and I try to use only for messaging people I can't contact otherwise. Although I do have my own lolcat and a heap of quotes...

ReputationRep:
    yeah as for facebook, it's not only good to contact your new friends but it's also really useful for talking to classmates you ordinarily don't have too much contact with - perhaps to ask wtf you were supposed to do for the tutorial or if you have some group work to do. In addition, most modules have their own groups on facebook (at least mine did), where you can get help and find out useful information.

Not to mention the fact that by not having facebook you might miss out on many events in StA because you weren't aware that they existed or that the ticket sales started so early

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, sorry to bring this up again...I'm pretty sure its been asked before but I really can't remember where that was or what the answer was!

Our qualifications in the Arts Faculty are MAs, now I do remember people saying things like these are just traiditional and don't mean proper MAs, I'm not really bothered either way! What I need to know is does this change the progression to Phd (i.e. BA, MA, Phd), if our degrees are MAs, even seen as proper ones/half ones or fake ones(lol!), what does it mean for Phd possibilities?!

I really don't know much about it, I don't even know if the above is the usual progression! So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and one more factor to add to the mix, what if the next qualification I planned to do after my history degree was in a different subject (still arts though)? Would it be advisable to take an 'English' MA (not the Oxbridge/Scottish MA, or whatever the diffference is!), especially as I'd like to do my Phd in London if at all possible....

Thanks!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.