Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good questions wasps26! I think the trampoline club will have a new member when i get there!

ReputationRep:
    A wash costs £1.70 or £1.90 for a super cycle, which is worth it for a bigger wash. It costs £1 for the dryers.

Edit: Let's have a TSR trampolining session!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)

Edit: Let's have a TSR trampolining session!
    YES! It has to be done!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    OMG yes! You are all coming to trampolining,even if I have to drag you there myself! I believe we're having our free sessions on...*goes to check* Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of Freshers Week And I'm doing my coaching qualification in September, so I'll legally be allowed to throw you all around

And to answer wasps26's question - it differs between clubs. I think all clubs charge a membership fee (and you can join for the whole year or just a semester). These fees vary quite a bit, e.g. trampolining is £12/£7, but I heard tell that men's rugby was £60 last year (you got a load of free kit though). Then some clubs charge an additional fee for each session - trampolining is 50p, others have free training sessions e.g. badminton.

ReputationRep:
    I signed up for trampolining during last freshers week but I play hockey which took up most of my time so I never got to any sessions. The hockey club cost £35 to join then you had to pay for matches (£2 away game, £1 home) and then had to pay for kit as well. It was quite a lot but it was soo much fun - definitely worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Questions for current students

1. How far away is the nearest train station?
    2. For History and English, the prospectus says entry requirements are AAB. Is this right or could they be higher/lower depending on the individual?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Leuchars, 10mins on the bus. The majority of people get the same offer as is listed in the prospectus, but some people do get higher/lower offers - you'd have to ask those people why they got the different offers though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. Most other top unis ask for AAA I think, so I was quite surprised to read that St Andrews only asks for AAB, especially as its English and History. Ah well, tis good I love Scotland, I have a feeling when I apply to uni that 3/5 of my choices will be Scottish Almost certain that 2/5 will be

ReputationRep:
    English & Modern History -- afaik they don't offer straight e & h anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people applying would have AAA, St Andrews like Edinburgh put lower grades in their prospectus, but in reality I think attained grades would be higher.

But thats not to say that you couldn't get in with AAB, St Andrews isn't the best place league table wise for History I know that, and of course a lot more goes into the whole application thing than just grades....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Really? That's odd. Back home, we've got an Aldi and a Lidl less than 5 minutes from each other. The Aldi is the closest store to the retail park that the Lidl is in... Ah well. Twice as many cheap things!
    Argh not Lidl!! Don't tell me these places are one and the same?! They may be cheap but gosh they're nasty.. bah... :mad:

What I'd give for an M&S..

ReputationRep:
    What I wouldn't give for a Harrods

ReputationRep:
    Oh shoosh. You'll get what you're given and not moan about it.

If you want a harrods you should have went to a london uni then =E And M&S are only in bigger towns.

So Shoosh or I'll kick your heads in.

-is in a crappy mood-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon500uk)
    Oh shoosh. You'll get what you're given and not moan about it.

If you want a harrods you should have went to a london uni then =E And M&S are only in bigger towns.

So Shoosh or I'll kick your heads in.

-is in a crappy mood-
    Haha - well you even see M&S at motorway service stations now so it isn't too much of an ask. As for Harrods.. well it's overrated - very nouveau riche :p: ... Fortnum's all the way baby.. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Morrisons is good enough for me!

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with the tesco??? Theres some very handsome and helpful staff there too (:-p).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkinson42)
    Whats wrong with the tesco??? Theres some very handsome and helpful staff there too (:-p).
    It's a Tesco Metro: small and expensive, with limited range. There are four self-service tills that always have a tantrum at the most innocent-seeming of items, and the other tills are too close to the aisles for sensible queuing to occur. It's hideously busy at lunch and dinner times, particularly at the weekend.
    It's got a good location which is indirectly responsible for most of its downfalls.

Morrisons is better. You can get bulk-buys on fruit, there are proper checkouts, and although it is more busy at some times than others, unlike Tesco, the store is capable of handling the surges of consumers.

Tesco's main advantage is selling 'Tesco Value' items. I have a soft spot for Tesco Value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilkinson42)
    The Tesco metro in St Andrews sells the most bizarre things - there seems to be a selection of all the most incongruous items and a lack of staple items. For instance there are only two varieties of apple yet about 6 different sorts of oatcake. They also tend to run out of things like salt! I'll always remember asking this chap where the salt was and being met with the reply "oh we must have run out.." - What kind of supermarket runs out of salt!! This is also combined with the fact that it's a rip off and that lots of the staff are a bit rude and taciturn (especially when they ask you if you want help packing your bags and you say YES! heh )

ReputationRep:
    Quick question and not sure if it has been covered earlier..

I'm going to be in DRA next year, are there many people who cycle in for lectures, and also is there a safe place to keep your bike in the town.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Yes and yes.

Biking is the way to go, im getting a bike next year (oh god...) and theres plenty of places to put you bike - most buildings have a bike rack and te town has a few spotted about. Dra has bike racks im sure - i know new hall did (they were always full)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.