Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chester.)
    Ow painful! I've never done anything like that, luckily!

Yeah, im a HUGE disney pixar fan! Love love love all the movies!
    Oh wow me too!! I just watched the Incredibles lol! Reminded me how much I love them....Pixar were the ones who got me thinking about Animation as a future career! Working at Pixar would be amazing, their studio/complex is crazy, its even got tennis courts and everything!!

Anyway sorry not the right thread!!

ReputationRep:
    I love the short clips at the start of each movie too. The one before Wall-e is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    The best one by far is "For the Birds" their expressions just make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I need some help to find the appropriate email to send my message to. In order to receive my Swedish student loan I need to have some kind of proof that I will be studying at StA this year again - last summer that was fixed with my entrant's pack who welcomed me to study MA IR/Management 07/08. This year however I won't have anything like that and so would like contact some kind of school office which would be able to send me a confirmation that I could use. Now what email would that be?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone has seen Russell Howard do that joke about performing at St Andrews...

Was asking because I'm booking my ticket to come back home and see him in reading week in November! If you wanna see it, there's like 2 videos on Youtube of him doing stand-up outside Mock the Week, it's on one of those. Sorry I can't give you the link as my internet is confusingly slow right now and it would take ages for the video to load for me to see exactly which one it is.

Chav night, lol........

I love Russell Howard! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knudsen)
    Hey guys I need some help to find the appropriate email to send my message to. In order to receive my Swedish student loan I need to have some kind of proof that I will be studying at StA this year again - last summer that was fixed with my entrant's pack who welcomed me to study MA IR/Management 07/08. This year however I won't have anything like that and so would like contact some kind of school office which would be able to send me a confirmation that I could use. Now what email would that be?
    [email protected] is the email address for Barbara Lessels the mgmt school secretary. She's friendly and should be able to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotman)
    [email protected] is the email address for Barbara Lessels the mgmt school secretary. She's friendly and should be able to help you out.

thank you! let's just hope it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipkinlove)
    Just wondered if anyone has seen Russell Howard do that joke about performing at St Andrews...

Was asking because I'm booking my ticket to come back home and see him in reading week in November! If you wanna see it, there's like 2 videos on Youtube of him doing stand-up outside Mock the Week, it's on one of those. Sorry I can't give you the link as my internet is confusingly slow right now and it would take ages for the video to load for me to see exactly which one it is.

Chav night, lol........

I love Russell Howard! :woo:
    I can't find it....:no:

ReputationRep:
    I will be in my third year and got a place at DRA. Do I need to do anything else? Like paying deposit? Can I just walk in in September?

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    No deposit necessary - you do just walk in in september

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering...do we get any kind of reading list or anything, of books we need to buy before term starts?

ReputationRep:
    In freshers week in Blackwells (in the union) there is a list up on the wall for all courses telling you what books you need to buy. Take a note and buy if you really want, but check out the second hand booksales and amazon if you want a bargain. Also check with the year above on your course if you can since some books are hardly used and cost a lot.

ReputationRep:
    If you check the subject section of the website you might reading lists. I found lists for maths and spanish on there. Nothing for philosophy though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasps26)
    I can't find it....:no:
    They've taken it off :confused:

The sods!!!

Ah well, when I'm there I might just shout out that I'm at St Andrews and see if he launches into the gag! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I just have a few quick questions...I'm not sure if they've been asked already, as this is an awfully long thread! I'm going to be a postgraduate at St Andrews this September, and I've been assigned to Fife Park. Are the houses there single gender or mixed gender? Also, do the individual bedroom doors lock? I'm American, so have no clue what the standards for these sorts of things are in the UK, and my boyfriend is being a worrywort, so I need to figure out what to tell him! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle jay)
    Hey everyone,

I just have a few quick questions...I'm not sure if they've been asked already, as this is an awfully long thread! I'm going to be a postgraduate at St Andrews this September, and I've been assigned to Fife Park. Are the houses there single gender or mixed gender? Also, do the individual bedroom doors lock? I'm American, so have no clue what the standards for these sorts of things are in the UK, and my boyfriend is being a worrywort, so I need to figure out what to tell him! Thank you!
    Usually, unless people apply as a mixed-gender group, the houses in Fife Park will be single gender. Each bedroom has its own lock, which isn't one of those horrible latch thingies that can lock itself behind you just as you realise your key's still on the bedside table. You can lock if from the inside as well as the outside.

Any other questions - feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I've been assigned a room in university hall, but it's a shared room. I'm not sure if I want to try and change this, since I think I'd like some privacy at times, Though the hall itself is pretty much ideal for me. Can anyone who's been in a shared room tell me if it's as terrible as my silly head is making me beleive it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteth)
    I've been assigned a room in university hall, but it's a shared room. I'm not sure if I want to try and change this, since I think I'd like some privacy at times, Though the hall itself is pretty much ideal for me. Can anyone who's been in a shared room tell me if it's as terrible as my silly head is making me beleive it is?
    What's the code for the room? Some of the rooms are big and nice, so wouldn't be too bad to share. Some are pokey and small, and not so great for sharing. I was in the latter kind of room, and didn't particularly thrive on the experience.
    If it's a bigger room, I'd be more inclined to keep that offer, but if you decide you want to change, it's probably better to ask to do it fairly soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in University hall: B23a. The floor plan makes it look small, but i'm not sure without a point of reference.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.