Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Well, on Friday morning (at 5am) the whole of St Andrews went there and ran into the sea.
    But apart from that - just whatever you normally do on a beach It's really quite weather-dependant.

FACTOID: the film 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed on the beach here
    Awesome. I haven't seen that film since I was in primary school. :p:

Btw, what would you roughly say is the general makeup of the student body? Meaning, what percentage would you say are Scottish, what percentage English, what percentage International, American etc.? Just interested. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Awesome. I haven't seen that film since I was in primary school. :p:

Btw, what would you roughly say is the general makeup of the student body? Meaning, what percentage would you say are Scottish, what percentage English, what percentage International, American etc.? Just interested. :smile:
    The generally accepted consensus is that it's more or less 1/3 Scottish, 1/3 English and 1/3 overseas. The overseas are mainly comprised of Chinese and American students.

Have you heard about the May Dip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    The generally accepted consensus is that it's more or less 1/3 Scottish, 1/3 English and 1/3 overseas. The overseas are mainly comprised of Chinese and American students.

Have you heard about the May Dip?
    I believe it was mentioned when I visited, but I can't quite recall what it is? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was mentioned when I visited, but I can't quite recall what it is? :p:
    it's what happened the other night, May the 1st. Look it up if you're interested .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    it's what happened the other night, May the 1st. Look it up if you're interested .
    Just looked...sounds, erm, cold. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, also, what typically happens at bops?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, also, what typically happens at bops?
    People drink, people dance, it's the nearest thing StAs has got to a club. They're actually quite good ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    People drink, people dance, it's the nearest thing StAs has got to a club. They're actually quite good ^_^
    How late do they run? How late are pubs open? Whats the latest you can party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    How late do they run? How late are pubs open? Whats the latest you can party?
    I think pubs are open until 1, with the union open 'till 2 at weekends. I'm no way sure on this though.
    There is a bus most nights from one of the main pubs here (The Raisin) to a club in Dundee, which will be open all night - so I'm guessing you can party until then, if that's what you're in to .

ReputationRep:
    Do St As ever have any formal balls?

ReputationRep:
    Do St As ever have any formal balls?
    Well, there's the Opening Ball and the May Ball, the Christmas and Advent balls,every hall has a ball, pretty much every society has a ball, with the result that there's pretty much one going on somewhere every week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_trixxx)
    Well, there's the Opening Ball and the May Ball, the Christmas and Advent balls,every hall has a ball, pretty much every society has a ball, with the result that there's pretty much one going on somewhere every week...
    Wow thats a lot of balls. :eek:

Better bring a few suits then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Wow thats a lot of balls. :eek:

Better bring a few suits then
    Pfft, you men... you could wear the same tux to every ball and no-one would care. Whereas WE have to make the effort to find a new dress every time... *grumpy*

Pfft, you men... you could wear the same tux to every ball and no-one would care. Whereas WE have to make the effort to find a new dress every time... *grumpy*
    Ooooft :

ReputationRep:
    What happens at these balls? :p:

Also, is it easy to get to know people when you first arrive? :s:

And, erm, which pub is the most popular?

ReputationRep:
    What happens at these balls? :p:

Also, is it easy to get to know people when you first arrive? :s:

And, erm, which pub is the most popular?
    The Raisin and the Vic (the Victoria), both on Market street (the main street) are the most popular pubs. However, the Union (the student union building) is popular every night, but ESPECIALLY on Tuesdays, which is student night, and Fridays. There is a bop every Tuesday and Friday.

I've just got back from the union now, in fact. I was playing pool with some friends from my classes, we had a beer etc . It's good because you can go there any time of day, whether it's morning, afternoon evening or night, and any day of the week, and it's always nice, safe and friendly!

It's VERY easy to get to know people, especially in Freshers week. You'll be fine - so don't worry about that . Plus I'm sure we'll have a TSR meetup or three They were good this time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Plus I'm sure we'll have a TSR meetup or three They were good this time!
    WOOHOO :p:

ReputationRep:
    We should blatantly start a TSR soc...

ReputationRep:
    :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    We should blatantly start a TSR soc...
    GO4IT!

hehe have a TSR ball then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.