Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Lol...I have no idea which hall I'll be in. :s: I can't remember what I put on my accomodation form. :woo:

By the way, I was wondering. When do we choose our second and third subjects? And, although I probably should've looked into this beforehand (:rolleyes:), do you commit as much time into your second and third subjects as you do your first?
    In first year, yes you do.
    You'll choose them in Freshers week with your advisor, before you can matriculate (become a full member of the university).
    You might have to do 'pre-advising' over summer, I can't remember, where you basically make provisional module (subject) choices.

Don't worry about that just yet though
    James

I imagine if you want the credits then yes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Thanksss :grin:
    I shall!

I hinted like the devil at Sallies :smile:, I hoope hopppee hopppe I get in there!
    Ahh cool ^^ Sallies is really really nice.
    DID YOU KNOW you're not allowed to wear hats, take a bag or coat, or use a mobile phone at meal-times? It's because it's a traditional hall and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Haha, you really are exploring every avenue of StAs life, eh? :P

just don't worry about it, for the most part it's a normal town - plus the surprise is half the fun . You'll fit in fine here (Y) (ie you're not a total tit like that other dude who posts sometimes :top2:)
    Oooh total tit, that's got to be me. Amiright?

(Original post by M_E_X)
    DID YOU KNOW you're not allowed to wear hats, take a bag or coat, or use a mobile phone at meal-times? It's because it's a traditional hall and stuff.
    that is supreme :smile:
    I like a bit of tradition !

ReputationRep:
    Ah, :s:. I can't remember what I wanted in a hall. :lolwut: I think I wanted catered and single :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, :s:. I can't remember what I wanted in a hall. :lolwut: I think I wanted catered and single :confused:
    Well if you can't remember what you wanted, you can't have wanted it that badly in the first place :p:
    So you should be happy with whatever you get, hehe

You may be in Uni Hall then?

ReputationRep:
    When does term end for the end of first year at the beginning of the summer? I understand that different years have to stay for differing times, depending on exams etc. ?

Oh and M_E_X, don't worry, I'm actually not really a toff. And I'm less of a **** in real life. Probably... a bit... maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    When does term end for the end of first year at the beginning of the summer? I understand that different years have to stay for differing times, depending on exams etc. ?

Oh and M_E_X, don't worry, I'm actually not really a toff. And I'm less of a **** in real life. Probably... a bit... maybe.
    Hehe I'm only playing with you mate :p:

Term ends after your last exam really. I think the last *possible* date for exams is around the 28th May, but my last one is Monday the 25th, and I know some people who have finished by the 21st and stuff. A big difference coming to uni is you only have a couple of exams - I've got two in summer - but they're three hours long each. Ouch. :/

Are you going to freshers week in September? ^^

ReputationRep:
    When do we know which halls we're in? :confused:

After results day if we've got in! Haha

ReputationRep:
    When do we know which halls we're in? :confused:
    I think I found out literally two weeks before I got here. They take forEVER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    It's the same in Uni Hall, no slippers either, got to be shoes... i love the old traditions etc in old halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Hehe I'm only playing with you mate :p:

Term ends after your last exam really. I think the last *possible* date for exams is around the 28th May, but my last one is Monday the 25th, and I know some people who have finished by the 21st and stuff. A big difference coming to uni is you only have a couple of exams - I've got two in summer - but they're three hours long each. Ouch. :/

Are you going to freshers week in September? ^^
    Haha don't worry, I'm sure you wouldn't dare say it seriously
    Thanks, so that means I can be pretty safe organising some travels next June?

Lucky on having 2 exams :eek: I have 15, spread across 6 subjects and in the space of 2 and a half weeks. (Damn IB!)

And hell yeah, can't wait for freshers' week :p: I'm not going to let the fact hat I'm only 17 get in the way of my enjoyment of it haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh I really hope I end up in a traditional hall now.

Am I right in thinking that's less likely if you didn't specify shared rooms?
    Unless Uni Hall take a fair few singlers..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Am I right in thinking that's less likely if you didn't specify shared rooms?
    Unless Uni Hall take a fair few singlers..?
    Uni Hall has a lot of single rooms... quite a lot are shared rooms in Old Wing and Wardlaw, but Lumsden very few are shared... ie I'm on a floor with 31rooms, and there are only 3 shared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Haha don't worry, I'm sure you wouldn't dare say it seriously
    Thanks, so that means I can be pretty safe organising some travels next June?

Lucky on having 2 exams :eek: I have 15, spread across 6 subjects and in the space of 2 and a half weeks. (Damn IB!)

And hell yeah, can't wait for freshers' week :p: I'm not going to let the fact hat I'm only 17 get in the way of my enjoyment of it haha
    Yeah, you will definitely be ok to travel in June (Y).
    You might be able to find term times for next year online? http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/news/Semesterdates/ these are this years.

Good luck mate
    James

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_c)
    It's the same in Uni Hall, no slippers either, got to be shoes... i love the old traditions etc in old halls
    No slippers? I do believe eating dinner in my slippers is one of the more gentlemanly activities I partake in. :top2: :top2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.