The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 4081
Do you have to pay for the evening language classes or are they free? I could not find any information about this on the website you provided.
Reply 4082
fg08
Do you have to pay for the evening language classes or are they free? I could not find any information about this on the website you provided.

I believe its £90 per course.
Reply 4083
mousy
I believe its £90 per course.

Ah ok thanks, do you know how long one single course is running? One course per semester?
Reply 4084
fg08
Ah ok thanks, do you know how long one single course is running? One course per semester?

Yep, and you get one lesson a week, either two hours or an hour and a half depending on the level.
Reply 4085
only one lesson a week, hmm thats less :frown:
Thanks for the help :smile:
ImperceptibleNinja
Re: Chester & la_banane_verte,
I only did 4 modules last semester. .

Ah, I was close. 4 is pretty much the same as 5 right? :biggrin:
la_banane_verte
Ah, I was close. 4 is pretty much the same as 5 right? :biggrin:

They're not 0, 1, epsilon, delta, pi, phi, e or infinity... so, yeah, they're the same :wink:
ImperceptibleNinja
Re: Chester & la_banane_verte,
I only did 4 modules last semester. Theoretically it wasn't bad, although there was a lot of continuous assessment, and it didn't take too much pressure off the exams in the end. The worst part about having several exams is when they fall close to each other, and that's obviously more likely to be a problem if you have more exams.

Well, I've reshuffled my modules about and changed a few, but I'm still doing 4 per semester. I think my main concern will be the continuous assessment, especially with 3 philosophy modules first semester. That'll probably be at least 5 essays as well as presentations etc...:o: And then, having 4 exams could be a big problem, especially, like you said, if they fall close to each other. Oh well.... i guess I'll see what my adviser advises... :p: Thanks for the help guys! :biggrin:
Hi all, I just joined this yesterday and will be starting at St Andrews this fall, coming over from the US. I have a really random question, which is how much do razor blades cost in the UK? I'm trying to put together a list of expenses and am trying to figure out what is cheaper to bring over in luggage and what is cheaper to buy over there. Thanks.
Razor blades are normally quite expensive. I don't know what type you're after but a pack of 5 gillette Mach 3 blades are about £7.50 from Boots.
Thanks. On a side note, do you know how hard it is to find a job in the town or surrounding area during the school term?

Also, are there any good music shops in the area (not instruments, but CDs and such)?
Reply 4092
There was Fopp and Unknown Pleasures but they both shut down. SO as far as I know, no there isn't.

Students - can I get Tesco/Morrisons to deliver to the likes of Albany Park?
Reply 4093
Luser
There was Fopp and Unknown Pleasures but they both shut down. SO as far as I know, no there isn't.

Students - can I get Tesco/Morrisons to deliver to the likes of Albany Park?

I'd say you should be able to, I get the Sainsbury's in Dundee to deliver to DRA.
Reply 4094
Yeah I got my exam results today and I met my offer :smile: :biggrin: :woo:
Could any international student tell me which document I should send them to proof my results? The report we get is not in English and therefore I dont know if the Admissions office will understand it.
:woo:
Reply 4095
fg08
Could any international student tell me which document I should send them to proof my results? The report we get is not in English and therefore I dont know if the Admissions office will understand it.

If they accept the qualification, they've probably seen it before, and therefore can see what you got.

I did the IB and they just asked me to scan and email the diploma with my final grade.
Reply 4096
fg08

Congratulations - it's a great to know you're definitely going, isn't it? :biggrin:
Reply 4097
Quo
Congratulations - it's a great to know you're definitely going, isn't it? :biggrin:

Thanks, its so great to know what I will do the next four years :smile: Im so happy!
predius
If they accept the qualification, they've probably seen it before, and therefore can see what you got.

I did the IB and they just asked me to scan and email the diploma with my final grade.

Hmm yes I guess they know it, I will just email and ask them.
fg08
Thanks, its so great to know what I will do the next four years :smile: Im so happy!

Hmm yes I guess they know it, I will just email and ask them.

CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin:
I wish I waas in your shoes!
Reply 4099
fg08

Wo0o congratulations, you can now relax. Just that military service to get out the way :tongue:

I still got 3 exams left :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending