The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

I have to say these quizzes sound good :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Ooooh. If we want to do a Fresher's week TSR meet-up, we could meet early enough on an evening when we know there is an appealing pub quiz, and if people are keen, we could enter one! :biggrin:

I will only be able to identify Busted songs and name ex-Blue Peter presenters, I warn you now :o:
ImperceptibleNinja
Ooooh. If we want to do a Fresher's week TSR meet-up, we could meet early enough on an evening when we know there is an appealing pub quiz, and if people are keen, we could enter one! :biggrin:

I will only be able to identify Busted songs and name ex-Blue Peter presenters, I warn you now :o:

That is an absolutely genius idea!
Meteorshower
That is an absolutely genius idea!

Seconded. I *insist* we do this!
Reply 4224
ImperceptibleNinja

I'd definitely be up for that!
Count me in! :yep:
My strengths are probably Pixar movies, Sex and the City and crap pop music which may or may not help us out! :o:
Sounds like great fun :smile:

But if the meet is in Freshers Week wouldn't it risk clashing with another event :frown:?

EDIT:
Oh and I don't like to brag :tongue: but my team 'Girls Are Sexy Hot' (G.A.S.H.) won the epic school pub quiz twooo years running :wink:
We do risk clashing with another event, yeah :frown:

I can start a thread a bit closer to the time, and we can try to find the best time for as many people as we can. From previous years, if we aim for something earlier in the evening, then there will still be time for people to go to events at the Union later on. We could always have a general meet-up to start with, and later, people can either go to other events, participate in a quiz, or sit and feel rubbish at quizzes with me :p:

I will post on here if I notice any important timetables turning up, so we can try to make informed decisions.

If we would prefer to do something after fresher's week, I can happily go with that instead. But you might all be working very hard with all your lectures by then ( :wink: ), and I imagine we will have fun coordinating around the society events that people might be committed to.
Hahaha :tongue:
Well it'd possibly make more sense to do it post-Freshers? Just have to see who's busy for that, it's more likely that more people willbe free :smile:
Reply 4229
quiz sounds good, however maybe just start off with the meetup in freshers and do the quiz sometime after. :smile:
I think the quiz is a good idea, gives us something to do (and stops me running off to get cake....). As usual I can't do Thursdays (after freshers' week anyway). The Raisin quiz is normally ok, although it does get verrry noisy in there. The Rule is quite good (we won a pitcher of something in the bonus round :biggrin: ). The Cellar Bar one is purely a music quiz, so if people want a quizzy quiz that's no good.
Reply 4231
quiz =! meeting people

how about a drunken brawl? you never truly know somebody until you're staring deep into their eyes with pure hatred and punching them repeatedly in the stomach
Count me in on the quiz.
Reply 4233
Sounds like fun.
M_E_X
When I read your post "GEOGRAPHY STUDENT" was screaming out at me, haha. :p:

Your just jealous that you don't get to look at pretty mountains but instead do sciency mathmatical stuff that no one ever understands (or cares about!) :P
sorry to bring down the mood, but i lost both of my legs as well as the vision in my right eye in an accident two weeks ago. Is this something i should email the uni about?Also, apart from no longer being able to join the football team, are there going to be any major issues for me?
yodude888
sorry to bring down the mood, but i lost both of my legs as well as the vision in my right eye in an accident two weeks ago. Is this something i should email the uni about?Also, apart from no longer being able to join the football team, are there going to be any major issues for me?

Bloody glad you're still going though :yes:
yodude888

I'm glad to see you're still coming too :smile:

As for practical advice, you may like to contact the Disabilities Team at [email protected], and they should be able to help with advice and such like.
Reply 4238
yodude888

I would email them because of the accomodation, maybe they can give you a room in the groundfloor and all the things. Hope you will get well very soon. Best wishes from me.
Reply 4239
samantha_1112
Your just jealous that you don't get to look at pretty mountains but instead do sciency mathmatical stuff that no one ever understands (or cares about!) :P

I care! :mad:

As for your issues OP I don't think you'll have many apart from maybe access, but that can be sorted. Im shocked about the loss of your legs and your vision and a shame you cant join the footie team. Hope it gets all sorted soon, get well soon mate :smile: and bring on St. A's!

Latest

Trending

Trending