The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

When does SAAS generally pay out for student loans and the tuition fees? I've received my allocation for accommodation and wondering about when I get the dosh :biggrin:

Thanks for any help
Campbell
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 4941
Campbell that happens fully automatically. SAAS gives St Andrew's the money directly so you don't get to be the middle man unfortunately. After you get the paper saying you've gotten the allocation then your part is done, you just have to reapply for SAAS every year :wink:
blindpet
Campbell that happens fully automatically. SAAS gives St Andrew's the money directly so you don't get to be the middle man unfortunately. After you get the paper saying you've gotten the allocation then your part is done, you just have to reapply for SAAS every year :wink:

Is that for both the loan and the tuition or just the tuition? If it's the latter then what time would the loan come?
Reply 4943
Campbell1510
Is that for both the loan and the tuition or just the tuition? If it's the latter then what time would the loan come?

That is only for the tuition, sorry I don't know anything about the loan as I get my loan from the Danish government. You should have gotten something telling you when the first deposit will go into your account, maybe you can log in to SAAS and check for something there? If you don't by the end of this month call them or email them though definitely, you can't go to uni with empty pockets!
Reply 4944
Campbell1510
When does SAAS generally pay out for student loans and the tuition fees? I've received my allocation for accommodation and wondering about when I get the dosh :biggrin:

Thanks for any help
Campbell

SFE pay out my student loans three times a year, and they pay for tuition fees automatically twice a year. I assume that it's the same with SAAS.
Campbell1510

Thanks for any help
Campbell

As said above, tuition fees are paid directly to the university.
With loans, I think you get an amount paid into your account every month, with your first amount being double what the rest will be. I think they send out an award notice nearer the time you start of university telling you the monthly dates they will pay the money into your account.
.:Emmy:.
I think I had applied for accommodation when my offer was still condition but if its not your first choice, I'm not sure you can do that.

Picking module, they email you about, they'll send you your log in details so you can pre advise, i assume soon after your results, as its only 4weeks till freshers. You can be looking at modules now though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help :smile:
Although I think you may of misunderstood a wee bit. I have applied for accommodation but was just wondering when I would find out where I am, etc. I presume I'll get a bunch of emails on the day of or a couple of days after the 5th (results day)
Reply 4947
Ecosse_14
Thanks for your help :smile:
Although I think you may of misunderstood a wee bit. I have applied for accommodation but was just wondering when I would find out where I am, etc. I presume I'll get a bunch of emails on the day of or a couple of days after the 5th (results day)

Yeah pretty much, I think i got mine within a week of results. Where were you hoping to get?
.:Emmy:.
Yeah pretty much, I think i got mine within a week of results. Where were you hoping to get?

Hoping for Albany Park as I defo want self catered, it's the cheap option (:p:), and I know that area of St Andrews extremely well :biggrin:

What year are you in/studying? :smile:
Reply 4949
Ecosse_14
Hoping for Albany Park as I defo want self catered, it's the cheap option (:p:), and I know that area of St Andrews extremely well :biggrin:

going into 3rd year 4th level studying theoretical Physics and Maths.
Reply 4950
Ecosse_14

good choice! though I'm not sure Albania counts as an 'area'..
Sambo2
good choice! though I'm not sure Albania counts as an 'area'..

I mean I know the surroundings of it extremely well (where to get to places from it) whereas I don't know the area around Fife Park, etc at all :p:
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knows how much of a chance I have of getting accomodation...I'm a postgrad and I applied for accomodation in May. I got an email saying that I met all the conditions etc 2 weeks ago and I have my St Andrews email and everything. Anyway I havn't heard a thing from accomodation, I really want to be in halls as I lived at home for my undergrad and I don't live in the UK (although I am an EU student, not international, I think international students probably have a higher chance?). With Fife being closed for the year how likely do you think it is I'll get a place? Thanks xx
Reply 4953
Sarah8619
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knows how much of a chance I have of getting accomodation...I'm a postgrad and I applied for accomodation in May. I got an email saying that I met all the conditions etc 2 weeks ago and I have my St Andrews email and everything. Anyway I havn't heard a thing from accomodation, I really want to be in halls as I lived at home for my undergrad and I don't live in the UK (although I am an EU student, not international, I think international students probably have a higher chance?). With Fife being closed for the year how likely do you think it is I'll get a place? Thanks xx

Fife's closed for the year?? That's very bad news indeed.. :p: Ring up accom services and nag/pester/bully until you get your way, in my experience this is an extremely effective strategy..
I think it is isn't it? Aren't they fixing it up? Unless I misunderstood something along the way... I tried calling them before (not the accomodation but admissions about something else) and they were just so unbelievably useless!! It's just so painful trying to deal with them. I guess if I don't hear something in the next few days I'll give them a call. But maybe it's just normal I haven't heard anything? xx
This says:
Applicants for Fife Park for session should note that there may be building work on the site during the current academic session (2010-2011). Everything possible will be done to minimise disturbance to residents during this period if work proceeds.

...sounds like it's still open to me. The residence fees are similar to previous years, so I don't think they've upgraded to the new buildings just yet. There is more information on the development here.
no way! I must have misread something or saw they were working and assumed it was closed. Good news, thanks :smile:
My room in DRA overlooked the new fife park last semester, looked to me as if the new build was well on its way...
Some of FP is closed. Some of it is definitely still open, I know people staying there next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - accommodation are crap. They act as if they're so put upon, I think they forget that they're being paid to provide a service to people.
Sambo2
Fife's closed for the year?? That's very bad news indeed.. :p: Ring up accom services and nag/pester/bully until you get your way, in my experience this is an extremely effective strategy..

AHHH!!!! I tried to call them today, I called three different numbers. Two said "the main switchboards are closed due to the British Open, please call back on Monday the 19th" then I called the lady herself and got her voicemail. No one seems to be around, they're all out enjoying the golf!! I gave them my accom application and my final grade transcript in May! MAY! And I've heard nothing.. Thanks for the advice though I'll try to call them Monday if they show up for work.

Latest

Trending

Trending