Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lucia.)
Yeah me too.

I'm waiting on SAAS too. I called them several times today and the line was always engaged so I'll have a go tomorrow.
I'm glad my SAAS has all been sorted cause loads of my friends are always on the phone to them and they just get that message the whole time saying something like "your call is important to us, we'll put you through to one of our team shortly"
Cbear92
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I already had to phone them to get my loan sorted, and i was on hold for an hour, but i fell asleep waiting, so i had to stay on hold AGAIN for an hour in order to sort it. I dont know if i can do it again
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Question.
On the matriculation bit it asks you to check your advising details or whatever but it didn't say who my adviser was or anything and now it says 'PENDING' next to it and I can't get back into it. I'm guessing that i'll get an email from my adviser/the uni telling me who my adviser will be and when I have to meet them? Can someone confirm this? And if so, any idea when i'll receive this email and when advising will be for freshers?

Cheeers.
M_E_X
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
Question.
On the matriculation bit it asks you to check your advising details or whatever but it didn't say who my adviser was or anything and now it says 'PENDING' next to it and I can't get back into it. I'm guessing that i'll get an email from my adviser/the uni telling me who my adviser will be and when I have to meet them? Can someone confirm this? And if so, any idea when i'll receive this email and when advising will be for freshers?

Cheeers.
Advising will be in freshers week, yeah. You'll probably get some information about this in or just before freshers week. Another possibility would be that it outlines who your adviser is in your course handbook, which you should look for and read online.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by M_E_X)
Advising will be in freshers week, yeah. You'll probably get some information about this in or just before freshers week. Another possibility would be that it outlines who your adviser is in your course handbook, which you should look for and read online.
Cheers
Lucia.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are general details on the "Current Students" section of the university website. There you'll find general information on advising dates. The details for matriculation are:

Matriculation and Advising for day-time students will take place from 12 noon on Monday 20 September 2010.
Non-graduating students (e.g. JYA, JSA, Erasmus, other exchanges and study abroad) will be advised on Monday 20 September in the Library.

Entrants will be advised on Tuesday 21 September. This will be in the Library for Arts and Divinity students and within Schools or Departments for Science students.

Second years and General Degree students will be advised on Wednesday 22 September. This will be in the Library for Arts and Divinity students and within Schools or Departments for Science students.

Honours students will be advised on Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 September in their Schools or Departments.
My advisor's name is on my student record card. Not sure if yours will be too but it's worth trying. Hope this helps

If you're unsure then there'll be someone to ask. If you're staying in a Hall of Residence then the advising times will be put up on the notice board there.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lucia.)
There are general details on the "Current Students" section of the university website. There you'll find general information on advising dates. The details for matriculation are:

My advisor's name is on my student record card. Not sure if yours will be too but it's worth trying. Hope this helps

If you're unsure then there'll be someone to ask. If you're staying in a Hall of Residence then the advising times will be put up on the notice board there.
Thanks just checked the bit where I picked my modules incase it was there as it wasn't there last time and it is there! I actually know the person which is good
Einstein's apprentice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's the best way to get back from a night out in Dundee? I noticed the last train back is pretty early.
gkc08
Report 8 years ago
So about Raisin Weekend... how formal do the girls' dresses have to be?
Murphyen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gkc08)
So about Raisin Weekend... how formal do the girls' dresses have to be?
Girls don't have to wear dresses for Raisin Weekend, let alone formal ones! Wear what's comfortable as it'll be cold, you'll be at least tipsy, and you will be going outside for at least one challenge e.g. a treasure hunt. Why did you think girls need dresses?
LGF92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Einstein's apprentice)
What's the best way to get back from a night out in Dundee? I noticed the last train back is pretty early.
Man up and walk

Seriously though, I suppose that a taxi shared between a few people shouldn't come to more than £3-4 a head. In addition I read that Liquid (the nightclub) are putting on buses for St Andrews if support is strong enough and Fat Sams already do that.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LGF92)
Man up and walk

Seriously though, I suppose that a taxi shared between a few people shouldn't come to more than £3-4 a head. In addition I read that Liquid (the nightclub) are putting on buses for St Andrews if support is strong enough and Fat Sams already do that.
£3-4 a head. Do you think? I thought it'd be way more than that.
Sambo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
£3-4 a head. Do you think? I thought it'd be way more than that.
the taxi should cost about £30 - get 7 of you in there and thats £4
LGF92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We often did this in Newcastle - if you book a people carrier or two taxis they discount the rate (say for 10-12 people) and so you can get in for £4 each way or so.
gkc08
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Murphyen)
Girls don't have to wear dresses for Raisin Weekend, let alone formal ones! Wear what's comfortable as it'll be cold, you'll be at least tipsy, and you will be going outside for at least one challenge e.g. a treasure hunt. Why did you think girls need dresses?
Haaa... guess I got wrong info? D:

I just remember someone telling me to make sure I got a black dress for Raisin Weekend so I assumed the girls wore formal dresses or something... thanks for the reply though! That's more money I don't have to waste.
Sambo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gkc08)
Haaa... guess I got wrong info? D:

I just remember someone telling me to make sure I got a black dress for Raisin Weekend so I assumed the girls wore formal dresses or something... thanks for the reply though! That's more money I don't have to waste.
lol raisin weekend is probably the least formal of all, you want clothes you don't mind totally ruining, not a dress!!
Einstein's apprentice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LGF92)
Man up and walk

Yeah, taxi is probably the best option if a few people share it. It would be good if they put buses on though.
ce92
Report 8 years ago
In DRA/FPA is there room under the beds for storage .
Someone has given me underbed storage baskets and i don't know whether to bring them or not!

Thanks in advance!
LGF92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ce92)
Someone has given me underbed storage baskets and i don't know whether to bring them or not!

Thanks in advance!
Same dilemma.
jimsmit
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ce92)

Thanks in advance!
Yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads