Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd only buy them online for 'The Golden Ticket' which gets you into all the freshers week events (listed on the site) for a flat price of £35 + £1.50 booking fee. I went and got that to save me the hassle of deciding and paying for each thing individually and that's it's a bit cheaper. You'd better hurry though there are only about 40 tickets left at the moment.

http://www.yourunion.net/whatson/eve...vent_id=482913

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_banane_verte)
    (Original post by Constant_Int)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody recommend a good barbers in St A's please, as in barbers, not hairdressers! I was supposed to get a hair cut today but didn't have time, so might go over the weekend! Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul92)
    Can anybody recommend a good barbers in St A's please, as in barbers, not hairdressers! I was supposed to get a hair cut today but didn't have time, so might go over the weekend! Thanks a lot.
    one at the westport end of south street, costs about £6, they're pretty good and you get a free whiskey

ReputationRep:
    How easy is it to get your computer connected and registered on the residential internet?

Also, should I buy one of those internet cables from the shop tomorrow morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGF92)
    How easy is it to get your computer connected and registered on the residential internet?

Also, should I buy one of those internet cables from the shop tomorrow morning?
    no - the university give you a cable if you are a first year

It's a case of plug and play, very very easy - eduroam is a little more fiddly but still deosn't take a genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    no - the university give you a cable if you are a first year

It's a case of plug and play, very very easy - eduroam is a little more fiddly but still deosn't take a genius
    Cool, where do we get given this cable? And how long is it?:woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magma828)
    Cool, where do we get given this cable? And how long is it?:woo: :woo: :woo:
    it's about 2m - it will be waiting on your desk when you get here

ReputationRep:
    it's about 2m - it will be waiting on your desk when you get here
    Someone broke into my room? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGF92)
    Someone broke into my room? :ninja:
    oh there's no privacy in halls, prepare yourself.

ReputationRep:
    oh there's no privacy in halls, prepare yourself.
    They ought to prepare themselves for the network of traps I'll be laying to prevent any further such intrusions. :ninja:

:emog:

ReputationRep:
    all rooms lock up pretty nicely though, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    all rooms lock up pretty nicely though, don't they?
    yeh they do

ReputationRep:
    As per usual, I've not properly packed and it's 3:16 am, fml, I'm always so unorganised.

ReputationRep:
    Should we have been given a specific time to meet our Adviser?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Einstein's apprentice)
    Should we have been given a specific time to meet our Adviser?
    Yeah i got an email yesterday about it. All entrants are advised on Tuesday I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Yeah i got an email yesterday about it. All entrants are advised on Tuesday I think
    Yeah, managed to find the bit about it on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Just one question, really. I live overseas and can't afford to go back on between-term breaks. What is St Andrews' policy on letting students stay on campus over holidays? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I see on my Freshers booklet thing that on Monday there is "Matriculation & Advising 12 noon onwards". But the paper down on the noticeboard and the information on the website both say that "Entrants" (I'm one, right?) are supposed to book an appointment with their advisor for Tuesday. Or is that on Tuesday? Or do we book the appointment on Monday for Tuesday? So confused! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmeraldBoa)
    I see on my Freshers booklet thing that on Monday there is "Matriculation & Advising 12 noon onwards". But the paper down on the noticeboard and the information on the website both say that "Entrants" (I'm one, right?) are supposed to book an appointment with their advisor for Tuesday. Or is that on Tuesday? Or do we book the appointment on Monday for Tuesday? So confused! :confused:
    my understanding is that arts students are emailed an appointment and science students have to make their appointments on tuesday morning - i've emailed my advisor to see if that's correct but, as yet, have had no reply

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.