The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
No, really...cricket is SO boring. At least lengthy sports like snooker involve skill, so you can appreciate them. But cricket...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
skill, ever tried to do a googly or a doosra? ok body line bowling could be equated to just lobbing a ball at someone..........

its ace, i stand by my claim!!
Reply 562
gezzar
you must love remembering all those forms :p: ... go third declension LOL

what passages are they using for translation?

1 john 1: 1-10
1 john 2: 1-6
John 12: 27-36
Mark 1: 14-20
Mark 1: 21-28
Matthew 5: 43- 6: 4
Revelation 5: 1-8
Revelation 5: 9-14
Galatians 1: 1-12

there will be 6 in the exam and we have to translate 4 of them. I'm ignoring the revelation ones... too much extra vocab.
birkstopher40
....that's one thing I'm worried about. You see, in Canada, soccer (yes soccer, NOT football! :p: ) isn't a particularly popular sport. We're hockey people :biggrin:

Will I be left out in 9/10 discussions in St. Andrews because I don't follow soccer/football?

Pfft, you are now an official Arsenal fan Birkstopher.
Reply 564
Is it true that at St. Salvator there is "high table/formal hall" once a week? Is St. Salvator a very traditional hall?
Reply 565
Ouch, good luck with that, Icecradle. Basic German was enough to put me off studying languages at uni again :biggrin: I've got a friend on another message board who was going nuts over studying Greek as well (he's another theology student). You theologians are insane :p:

Pfft, you are now an official Arsenal fan Birkstopher
I'm tempted to argue with you...but I can't be bothered.
Arsenal! Sounds like something about weapons to me... but sure, I'll be a fan! :rolleyes:

And as for cricket, I'm really not a fan. But it is relatively prominent in Canada- my school has a highly competitive cricket team.
:tongue: It used to be called the Woolwich Arsenal, the only explosions going on now is Henrys explosions of pace!

Its an awesome club with very flairy players!
bryan
Is it true that at St. Salvator there is "high table/formal hall" once a week? Is St. Salvator a very traditional hall?

there are high table/formal hall at St. Andrews? I though they only exist at Oxbridge and Durham.
Reply 569
bryan
You asked this five months ago and got a reply then...look through the first few pages of the topic, you'll find your answer.
Cricket... that game is so confusing! I’ve never understood it! All throughout the ashes thingy I found myself left out of a hundred conversations because of it! – That’s the trouble with having guy mates!

Agh the world cup! I’m on for supporting every team against England - a pretty expensive habit! Apparently it’s a Scottish thing, I’m just bitter that you guys robbed of us our chance!
(Admittedly Scotland are somewhat lacking in the football skills department! I should play for us!)
Reply 571
PunkiePixie
Agh the world cup! I’m on for supporting every team against England - a pretty expensive habit! Apparently it’s a Scottish thing,
Indeed it is, and one I particularly enjoy partaking in when England get put against a team like Holland or Argentina (two teams England seem to have real difficulty getting results against). Portugal became one of my favourite teams after Euro '04 :biggrin:

Anyway, how'd we get onto talking about random sports?
Parrotman
the only explosions going on now is Henrys explosions of pace!

but will he stay or will he go?

lad convos about cricket is so amusin! my male friends actually will involve me in them! im an interloper!

ok so putting this thread back to its proper usage.

parrotman's attachment on the previous page talked about transport for fresher to St A's via uni transport.

Anyone care to elaborate??

how are everyones exams going?

oral french tomorrow!!:eek:
Reply 573
Icecradle
1 john 1: 1-10
1 john 2: 1-6
John 12: 27-36
Mark 1: 14-20
Mark 1: 21-28
Matthew 5: 43- 6: 4
Revelation 5: 1-8
Revelation 5: 9-14
Galatians 1: 1-12

there will be 6 in the exam and we have to translate 4 of them. I'm ignoring the revelation ones... too much extra vocab.

nice

i had to translate phillipians (oh and a passage in ephesians) for a syntax subject i did in my honours year... but i haven't done that in like 10 months so i've totally forgotten my forms and vocab because i haven't used it

its true what they say... if you don't use it, you'll lose it hehe

If i end up coming to St Andrews I think i'll do Latin for a couple of years, so that should be interesting
Reply 574
I mean, I do really enjoy greek, so I don't mind all the work. =)

I keep revising greek as a weird form of procrastination instead of revising Church History (my weak subject)
hey any takers for my question on the last page? anyone else planning to do the uni transport thing from the airport? -->once we find out what it is??
I'll be taking it, it costs £15 and the bus takes you from the airport (where you are met by St A reps) to the halls of residence.

There was a link to buying it, once I find it i'll post it.

Edit:

Orientation Index: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/sss/orientation/index.htm

Bus purchase: http://shop.st-andrews.ac.uk/epages/UniversityOfStAndrews.storefront/EN/catalog/1188

Buses seem to run virtually every 1.5-2hrs, so the wait might be quite lengthy. Still I guess it gives you time to meet other St A students.
I'll be one of the St Andrews reps next year but I'm not sure if I'll be assigned to the airport. I'll keep you updated about transport arrangements as I hear them.
Reply 578
Hi! I don't think I'm taking the van from the airport because I'll probably come with my parents. I'll be at St. Andrews on Saturday though :smile: Good luck with exams everyone!!
Aaaahhh!!!! IB History Exam tomorrow!!!!

I need a 7 in order to secure my position at St. Andrews,vso I've prepped harder than I've ever prepped for an exam. I should get at least a 6, but I'm quite nervous!

Latest

Trending

Trending