Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    by flag do you mean the little picture? thats an avatar if so and is also founs in your profile

so did you not apply through UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MerryMilkMan)
    How do you get the little flag thing next to your name?
    Go to your User CP, to Edit Profile. About halfway down the page, you'll find a section entitled "Additional Information", and "Flag" is one of the areas in that section.

Skeve already mentioned the Firm/Insurance thing, so I won't repeat what he said.

Grr, I need to find my hair straighteners. My fringe is curling up right in front of my eyes and is driving me nuts :mad: I'm sure I'll find them while I'm tidying my room up, so I suppose I can put up with wearing a hairband for now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondemoment)
    so did you not apply through UCAS?
    Nope just the St. Andrews one to do it you have to only apply to St. Andrews and no other University in the U.K. and be an international student. That’s a Russian flag right? For some reason I had the impression you were from the states. Does any one on here have a face book or a myspace?

ReputationRep:
    I'm building a facebook soon- a high school one, though, not a St. Andrews one (I heard we don't get our e-mails until the end of the summer). I think I'm one of the only people in my grade not to have one!

Wow...I'm sitting here at my advertising internship and I've been on the student room for about two hours now. Really should get to work...this is so addictive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbm1087)
    I'm building a facebook soon- a high school one, though, not a St. Andrews one (I heard we don't get our e-mails until the end of the summer). I think I'm one of the only people in my grade not to have one!

Wow...I'm sitting here at my advertising internship and I've been on the student room for about two hours now. Really should get to work...this is so addictive!
    so is heroin

ReputationRep:
    haha good thing I don't do heroin. But yeah, I think it's cool that we can talk to St. Andrews people before we get there- it will be even cooler once we're there! (which is in a few months!! Yay!!! )

ReputationRep:
    Nope just the St. Andrews one to do it you have to only apply to St. Andrews and no other University in the U.K. and be an international student. That’s a Russian flag right? For some reason I had the impression you were from the states. Does any one on here have a face book or a myspace?
    ha your well out sorry, im english, sitting currently in lincolnshire, out of term time i live properly in france, will study russian, in scotland as you know. [fingers crossed]

not a thing to do with america, except my family lived there years ago before me.

ReputationRep:
    so then, when do ppl finish exams?
    and when to ppl find out when [if ] you've got in? if your offer isn't unconditional that is.
    there's so many different schooling and exam systems kicking around i thought i'd ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondemoment)
    so then, when do ppl finish exams?
    and when to ppl find out when [if ] you've got in? if your offer isn't unconditional that is.
    there's so many different schooling and exam systems kicking around i thought i'd ask.
    Wait ... some people still don't know?

ReputationRep:
    The majority of students will find out if they are accepted in August, as that is when the A-Level results are released.

ReputationRep:
    yes, as in i haven't taken my exams yet even, neither has parrotman, and other english ppl not on gap year. uk results get released on 17th aug
    i take it yours is unconditional then?

[edit] what skeve said!

ReputationRep:
    I've started mine....

ReputationRep:
    ah, that bad?:eek mine start thurs..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeve)
    The majority of students will find out if they are accepted in August, as that is when the A-Level results are released.
    WOW that must be nerve racking. Wich of you still don't know?
    (ya I was acepted way back near the end of October, I sent in my stuff and got (what I guese is an unconditional) in like a week and a half.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking exams at the moment and I need an AAB in them.

Yup Blondemoment that bad, but today's paper wasn't that bad, I reckon the minimum I got was around the A/B boundary. Hopefully with some method marks on the last mech question and maybe some scaling (*Bows to scaling gods*) I think it'll be an A. 1 exam down 12 to go!

ReputationRep:
    omg Parrotman, you have 12 more exams? That's terrible- I only took 3 APs and I thought that was bad! Do you have one exam everyday? Good luck, I bet you all will do really well!

ReputationRep:
    It's over the next few weeks, I have Biology W2 tomorow which i'm just reading past papers and going over at the moment.

Then I have a huge bulk from the 5th June-26th June! Hopefully i'll make the grade. Thanks for the luck, i'll need it!

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have multiple choice on your exams?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone who has exams!

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have multiple choice on your exams?
    A level exams don't have multiple choice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.