Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondemoment)
    Ankan, don't worry about it no need to apologise! so St Andrews ay? what subject??

mbm1087, what are APs then?? i though they were like a level equivs
    well, I'll study History. But I don't have an unconditional so it's not sure. But I hope that I'll get in.

hi, martika.. I study in Ludvika and I live just outside of the town. There are (or will be) quite many from Sweden there, it seems like.

So what are you all going to study?

ReputationRep:
    ankan im the same, conditional offer, french and russian ab initio, ABB, A in french. I really hope i make it!

ReputationRep:
    Ankan, I'm history too! Are you taking modern history? I'm really excited- it looks pretty cool! I'll probably do a joint honours with Modern History and IR (my third module is English). Welcome to tsr!

ReputationRep:
    blondemoment, I'm sure that you'll make it. What's your insurance?

mbm1087, well I guess that I will take modern history. :-) It is included in the course together with ancient, medieval and all the rest.

ReputationRep:
    cheers, you too!

insurance is edinburgh BBB, i take 4 alevels so i have room to mess up a B, which is a saving grace!

whats your insurance??

ReputationRep:
    :top:
    Stay optimistic for each other and yourselves during an exam period and you'll be that little bit more likely to do well. If you go in with an attitude that you're going to fail and not get your university place, you're going to be putting yourself down and losing concentration during your exams and so on.

Put it this way - if you pass your exams and get into StA, and I pass my exam, we can all be in a pub together in four months' time drinking :beer:, dancing :dancing:, flirting :kiss: and (in the case of ebonyphoenix and Parrotman) plotting world domination :fuhrer:

Is that a deal?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, that's an awesome way of thinking about it Dalimyr. Study hard and we can plan world domination in the coming years.

ReputationRep:
    hi ankan, I'm (obviously) the sanja from ängelholm whom martika mentioned, I have an unconditional for economics and spanish (finished ib three years ago, which means that I'm old...)

why do you want to go to st a? any special reason or more of a coincidence (like for me)?

and since you mentioned that there will apparantley be a lot of swedes in st a, do you know more swedish people going to st a? I know two girls who are already there (btw, that's five girls from sweden going to st a and no boys, why is that?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    e can all be in a pub together in four months' time drinking :beer:, dancing :dancing:, flirting :kiss: and (in the case of ebonyphoenix and Parrotman) plotting world domination :fuhrer:

Is that a deal?
    what an excellent use of smilies Dalimyr :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishy1121)
    what an excellent use of smilies Dalimyr :p:
    Thank ye kindly, dear

(Original post by Sanja)
    and since you mentioned that there will apparantley be a lot of swedes in st a, do you know more swedish people going to st a? I know two girls who are already there (btw, that's five girls from sweden going to st a and no boys, why is that?)
    I've met at least two Swedes over the last two years - one male and one female.
    There's nothing really to say why more girls from a country are going to the university than boys (or vice versa).

(Original post by Parrotman)
    Hahahaha, that's an awesome way of thinking about it Dalimyr
    :blushing:

(Original post by Parrotman)
    Study hard and we can plan world domination in the coming years.
    Exactly
    Here's hoping I did well in that computing exam last week - I think I might actually enjoy next year if we're all together I'd certainly enjoy fresher's week if we meet up (hardly a subtle hint, but I'm tired :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    :top:
    Stay optimistic for each other and yourselves during an exam period and you'll be that little bit more likely to do well. If you go in with an attitude that you're going to fail and not get your university place, you're going to be putting yourself down and losing concentration during your exams and so on.

Put it this way - if you pass your exams and get into StA, and I pass my exam, we can all be in a pub together in four months' time drinking :beer:, dancing :dancing:, flirting :kiss: and (in the case of ebonyphoenix and Parrotman) plotting world domination :fuhrer:

Is that a deal?
    :rolleyes: cheers!! that was excedllently put! taken in your advice and just leaving to take the green mile [ok mile and a half] to the race course where my exam is. Its only a restit and i have a solid grade in it anyway.....i just want more points...mwhahawa...can i join in world domination?? lol

ReputationRep:
    Let's all join in on the world domination :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanja)
    hi ankan, I'm (obviously) the sanja from ängelholm whom martika mentioned, I have an unconditional for economics and spanish (finished ib three years ago, which means that I'm old...)

why do you want to go to st a? any special reason or more of a coincidence (like for me)?

well, my brother went to UMIST(a uni in Manchester) and since then I've always wanted to go to a uni in the UK. I was just about to drop the entire thing when a friend of mine, Wiicked, said that he too was applying to the UK. I got glad that I was going to know someone there so here I am. That I ended up in St.A is a coincidence I guess. This is the long version, by the way .

blondemoment, my insurance is Aberdeen so... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered that I should ask you.. how large is Dundee? and how far away is it?

By the way, I want to join your world domination thing as well

ReputationRep:
    :fuhrer: boy that hitler smiley looks pissed off. When I dominate the world I am going to be much happier about the whole thing. :dancing:
    (I know that every one has said it already but that was an impressive use of smilies and some good suggestions. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Just remembered that I should ask you.. how large is Dundee? and how far away is it?

By the way, I want to join your world domination thing as well
    Dundee's pretty big (it's either the third or fourth largest city in Scotland, behind Glasgow and Edinburgh...and possibly Aberdeen). It's not too far away - according to the website for the Byre Theatre (a lovely building in St Andrews), it's 13 miles away. You get a lovely little trip over the Firth of Tay just before you enter the city, too Beautiful stretch of water, the Tay :love:

ReputationRep:
    Let's all join in on the world domination :p:
    YAY! We should really start a world domination society.*

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed in this post are not normal of the stated person. He is currently under the influence of several hours of Biology revision on respiration and will be tackling core 4 ,maths today, hence the reason for him being more mental than usual.

ReputationRep:
    Dundee's pretty big (it's either the third or fourth largest city in Scotland, behind Glasgow and Edinburgh...and possibly Aberdeen). It's not too far away - according to the website for the Byre Theatre (a lovely building in St Andrews), it's 13 miles away. You get a lovely little trip over the Firth of Tay just before you enter the city, too Beautiful stretch of water, the Tay :love:
    Cheers, that sounds lovely .

I'm just waiting for your world dominating soc now

ReputationRep:
    Poor old St Andrews, it won't know what's hit it! though its probably the best place to start world domination as nobody would suspect a sleepy little town in scotland of all places.
    Ha! and there could be branches of this society all over, we have most continents covered with TSR members, a bit like the song avenging angels.....[by SPACE].......:blueangel

ps-i like your disclaimer parrotman:p:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, no-one was supposed to notice that....still St Andrews has a Gary Lineker appreciation society, so why not future overlords of the world?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.