Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orinincandenza)
    Oh OK, thanks, sounds v. good.

I'm applying for medicine,so would be be closer i guess, but wouldn't mind living in the town, but also it's medicine so probs won't even get in...

Thanks.

yay another medic melville is quite popular for medics - there are loads this year, and it only takes 3-5 minutes to walk to the med school, which is awesome for 9am lectures or if you need to nip back for something quickly.

it's not over till they say it is

(Original post by laurie:))

yay another medic melville is quite popular for medics - there are loads this year, and it only takes 3-5 minutes to walk to the med school, which is awesome for 9am lectures or if you need to nip back for something quickly.

it's not over till they say it is
    Oh fun, definitely sounds good.

Any tips for interview if i get one ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orinincandenza)
    Oh fun, definitely sounds good.

Any tips for interview if i get one ?
    yeah it is, and really helpful if you get stuck on a piece of work, or just want to have a moan about life, because there's almost always a medic round the corner

just relax into it - they don't want to stress you out, they want to have a chat with you, find out a bit about you - enjoy it! if you enjoy it, chances are they will because you'll be a lot more chatty and encouraging. nothing worse than one word answers and no eye contact!

(Original post by laurie:))
    yeah it is, and really helpful if you get stuck on a piece of work, or just want to have a moan about life, because there's almost always a medic round the corner

just relax into it - they don't want to stress you out, they want to have a chat with you, find out a bit about you - enjoy it! if you enjoy it, chances are they will because you'll be a lot more chatty and encouraging. nothing worse than one word answers and no eye contact!
    OK, cheers, that seems like good advice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a private or NHS student psychologist in St Andrews. Could u pls tell me where I could find the contacts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebbibon)
    I'm looking for a private or NHS student psychologist in St Andrews. Could u pls tell me where I could find the contacts?
    Can't you just go through your GP? They can refer you to someone suitable if you explain your issues/problems etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Since the accommodation is not yet active but my process was sort of different I have a special question to ask for you.Uni. of Saint Andrews offered me a conditional for foundation program and they actually put an a ensuite hall option to the fees,and there are two dorms David Russell Appartments and New Hall.As I'll be choosing catered (If I do succeed) I'll be in DRA,correct me If I am wrong.So I was just wondering If anyone can give their experience rather than the accommodation page here
    Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Charlaux)
    Hi all,
    Since the accommodation is not yet active but my process was sort of different I have a special question to ask for you.Uni. of Saint Andrews offered me a conditional for foundation program and they actually put an a ensuite hall option to the fees,and there are two dorms David Russell Appartments and New Hall.As I'll be choosing catered (If I do succeed) I'll be in DRA,correct me If I am wrong.So I was just wondering If anyone can give their experience rather than the accommodation page here
    Thanks
    I think what you're referring to is just the university putting an estimated price for accommodation to see what your total expenses would be (or something). You'll get to apply for accommodation and pick catered if you want (en-suite or single).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    I think what you're referring to is just the university putting an estimated price for accommodation to see what your total expenses would be (or something). You'll get to apply for accommodation and pick catered if you want (en-suite or single).
    In the booklet,they say by paying 19,000 pounds I am also paying for accommodation as I'll be in foundation year,so basically they say I do need to choose DRA or New Hall I want a catered option but wondering If DRA is great or not,the more personal view of someone
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Charlaux)
    In the booklet,they say by paying 19,000 pounds I am also paying for accommodation as I'll be in foundation year,so basically they say I do need to choose DRA or New Hall I want a catered option but wondering If DRA is great or not,the more personal view of someone
    As I said, I think that is just an estimation, but not 100% sure. Anyway, there are also ensuite rooms in John Burnett and a very limited number Uni Halls as well as DRA, New Hall and Fife Park Apartments. I've never lived in DRA although have visited many times and have enjoyed it, so will see if anyone else comments on this. The accommodation thread may also be a good starting point, we have mini guides for all the residences

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me where to get a pina colada in St Andrews? It's kind of weirdly important to me but after going to 3 places the other week I didn't manage to find anywhere that served them.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How can the life of a LGBT student be at St Andrews? Quite curious about that.

(Original post by aferreira)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&page=2&page=2

There was a thread a couple of month ago...

ReputationRep:
    can u pls tell me whether all university students of St Andrews are invited to attend the Alumni Carol Service on Tuesday 4 December at St Salvator's Chapel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aferreira)
    Hey I'm on the committee of the LGBT soc this year and it really just is what you make of it. We had some fun events this year like the GSA games or a clubbing trip to Glasgow, but if that's not necessarily what you like there's also a lgbt reading group. That said, I've never had a problem here in St Andrews as everyone is or at least seems to be quite accepting. There are more LGBT people here than I anticipated and also not everyone attends the society events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perlsh)
    Hey I'm on the committee of the LGBT soc this year and it really just is what you make of it. We had some fun events this year like the GSA games or a clubbing trip to Glasgow, but if that's not necessarily what you like there's also a lgbt reading group. That said, I've never had a problem here in St Andrews as everyone is or at least seems to be quite accepting. There are more LGBT people here than I anticipated and also not everyone attends the society events.
    Oh, thank you very much! These details are quite important, as you'll probably understand... Your website looks very interesting, and you guys look like much fun! (: Again, thanks for the information...

ReputationRep:
    What's the weather like at St Andrews? Both in terms of temperature and sunlight? I'm not being pedantic here, I get mild SAD and Vitamin D deficiency, so it makes a ton of difference.

Also, what chance do I have of getting into the medieval history course under my circumstances? I haven't applied through UCAS, but the course looks really, reeeeaaally amazing and I was hoping I might be able to get in after A level results, if some of the people they've offered places to don't make the grade? :crossedf:

(Original post by blueconstellation)
    What's the weather like at St Andrews? Both in terms of temperature and sunlight? I'm not being pedantic here, I get mild SAD and Vitamin D deficiency, so it makes a ton of difference.

Also, what chance do I have of getting into the medieval history course under my circumstances? I haven't applied through UCAS, but the course looks really, reeeeaaally amazing and I was hoping I might be able to get in after A level results, if some of the people they've offered places to don't make the grade? :crossedf:
    wrt to weather http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/.../leuchars.html
    Empirical data being better than anecdote

And if you have not applied through UCAS, you will not be offered a place, unless the course goes into clearing, which isnt that likely...

ReputationRep:
    What is the Modern History course like? Also, the German course? I'm thinking about applying for Modern History and Russian or German.

ReputationRep:
    wrt to weather http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/.../leuchars.html
    Empirical data being better than anecdote

And if you have not applied through UCAS, you will not be offered a place, unless the course goes into clearing, which isnt that likely...
    Thank you! You're probably right about clearing - I'll email them just to see if there's any chance at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.