Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya, just wanted to ask if anyone knows when the exam timetables come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kecius)
    Steady on, we haven't even started freshers yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dubline)
    No problem. :P Chemistry at the moment but I'll probably change to Material Sciences.
    Could be demonstrating you in a year or two then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kecius)
    Doesn't get finalised until November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take before the financial statement recognises the setting up of a installment payment plan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Could be demonstrating you in a year or two then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll see:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If we're not able to go to our sports' "Meet and Greet" or "Give it a go" sessions, is there somewhere else we can sign up for the sports? I've had something come up and now I'll be gone Wednesday night, when all three of them are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethRG)
    If we're not able to go to our sports' "Meet and Greet" or "Give it a go" sessions, is there somewhere else we can sign up for the sports? I've had something come up and now I'll be gone Wednesday night, when all three of them are...
    Sure, just get the social times and attend, they will help you to sign up.

ReputationRep:
    It's only been one day , and I feel so sad and out of place with the people I've met so far. Coupled with my inability to copnnect with the Internet and my friends back home, I feel terrible. Has anyone else felt this way, does it get better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzykins)
    It's only been one day , and I feel so sad and out of place with the people I've met so far. Coupled with my inability to copnnect with the Internet and my friends back home, I feel terrible. Has anyone else felt this way, does it get better?
    Yep, don't worry - the first term is full of extreme highs and lows. By semester 2 you'll be happy as larry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dubline)
    Sure, just get the social times and attend, they will help you to sign up.
    The point is that I can't attend... that was why I asked the question...

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same; I've met some nice people, but they're just not the same. Right now, all I want to do is go home... :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same; I've met some nice people, but they're just not the same. Right now, all I want to do is go home... :bawling:
    I spent four years in the bubble and it was amazing - I'm now at a new University, sitting in my room on a Saturday night when in years gone by I would have been gracing the Union with my presence... Don't worry, it will all be OK!

ReputationRep:

In my experience the first (perhaps second) nights are the ones where you feel the weirdest. But it passes and you find people to hang with really quickly. Especially as Freshers' continues and you go out and do stuff. So grab your Freshers' Guide and hit the streets today and the rest of the week. Do everything and anything that looks like it could be fun.

And lizzykins, if you still have internet issues, the IT guys should probably still be somewhere in your hall today so why not go and tell them what's up. Bet they can fix it in 2 seconds.

You're gonna love St Andrews, cross my heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    I spent four years in the bubble and it was amazing - I'm now at a new University, sitting in my room on a Saturday night when in years gone by I would have been gracing the Union with my presence... Don't worry, it will all be OK!
    Then I guess we all have different experiences!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The point is that I can't attend... that was why I asked the question...
    ?

Check the internet when they have social activites for instance "Social Tennis every Wednesday at 7 to 9 pm" go there anytime and you'll find a coordinator or society member who'll help you join the herd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helsy)
    In my experience the first (perhaps second) nights are the ones where you feel the weirdest. But it passes and you find people to hang with really quickly. Especially as Freshers' continues and you go out and do stuff. So grab your Freshers' Guide and hit the streets today and the rest of the week. Do everything and anything that looks like it could be fun.

You're gonna love St Andrews, cross my heart.
    I'm having the massive debate about whether I want to just leave now, or stick it out for a year and transfer somewhere I actually want to be... have to make the decision within the next few hours and I'm freaking out!:eek: I haven't even moved into residence yet XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the massive debate about whether I want to just leave now, or stick it out for a year and transfer somewhere I actually want to be... have to make the decision within the next few hours and I'm freaking out!:eek: I haven't even moved into residence yet XD
    What are your reasons against St A's?

ReputationRep:
    Even though I'm having a hard time, I'm definitely going to stick it out for the semester (I'm only studying abroad). It helped just having posters on the wall and going out for a few. If you're a fresher I completely understand how you're feeling, and it will pass soon enough. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message or fb me!

ReputationRep:
    I second Midlander, why are you convinced you don't want to be here? Especially if you've not even arrived yet? They anticipation before doing something big will always have the fight or flee effect on people. I just generally prefer to fight.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.