The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry Mbm, I said a central hall preferably and also drew a smiley face.

(If the editions haven't changed Dali, then i'm definatly interested in the economics books.)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 821
I have a question :biggrin:

What are the music facilities like? If there are any at all that is:confused:
There is a student music centre in the middle of the town. You can book rooms to practice in. Apparently there are a lot of student bands.
Reply 823
blondemoment
me<--? French and Russian
Long lie-ins won't be a problem for you, then. I'm pretty sure they're both taught in the afternoon :wink:
Jammy...I had to take science subjects with a 9am start time, didn't I? Ugh...I'm NOT a morning person :mad:

Parrotman
If the editions haven't changed Dali, then i'm definatly interested in the economics books
No problem, you can have it. It's hardly been opened :biggrin: Like I said, I never went to my microeconomics class, so I only ever opened it a couple of times when I had to blag to my parents about what types of things we were doing in the class :rolleyes: (they don't know I never went to it - they just think I failed the exam :redface:)

Ankan
I have a question :biggrin:

What are the music facilities like? If there are any at all that is:confused:
Well, that's what this topic was made for :biggrin:
The music facilities are all located in Younger Hall, over on the east side of town. Although I've not seen much of them, what I have seen of them has been pretty impressive :smile: One of my friends joined one of the choirs last year, so I gave him a little pep talk as I walked him to his audition. Poor wittle baby wouldn't go on his own and needed someone to hold his hand :p: He was more out of tune than the piano, if that's any incentive :biggrin:
Reply 824
Thanks a lot both of you...:musicus: Sounds like I can keep on playing then at least until someone hears me:biggrin:
I've promised myself one thing when I go to uni, that I will try and learn two rare instruments.

So far i'm aiming for the harmonica for the first one. The second one i'm not sure on.....

Violin and harmonica duet anyone? (If can manage to be able to play one)
Reply 826
Sorry can't help you there but if you can extend that invitation to piano count me in..:biggrin:

Harmonica ay..that sounds challenging..I've decided to try a new sport of some kind, I haven't decided on which yet though..:p:
:tongue: Anything that sounds good with a harmonica (I just pray I can play it properly!)
Reply 828
Yay Parrotman, I'm glad you drew a smiley face too! :smile: Good luck on exams everyone!!
Reply 829
When are you all takning your exams?
Reply 830
How about flute and harmonica, Parrotman? Actually, no...that'd sound pretty terrible :biggrin:
I'm not really too sure what would go quite well in a duet with a harmonica. Yeah, violin's probably the best thing (I can't help you there - I'm useless with stringed instruments :p: )
Reply 831
Bah, just got kicked out of the living room because my mum "doesn't approve" of having shows related to gambling on the TV (I was watching a poker programme :biggrin:). I wanted to see Jennifer Harman :frown: She's cute :love:
Reply 832
Well life is hard you know :smile: . I am trying to keep clear of my parents cause they want me to cut the grass :p:, which I hate.
Reply 833
I'm trying to avoid filling out some job applications, but I know I'll have to do them eventually...my parents are determined that I'm not going to be sitting in my room for the next four months like I did last year :biggrin:
Harmonica sounds good with brass instruments so i'm told. We shall see if I actually follow ahead this impulse.

Ankan: I've had two allready, i'll be having the rest after next week over a two week period.

Mbm: :smile: it's all about the smiley faces
parrotman, ever tried the ocarina?? A bizzare instrument.

urgh are you all musical? i'm yuck at music.

exams start 13 finish 21. i'm so tired already!

Good luck all!

when do you all find results out?
Standard A level results day for me, mine have allready started, but the main session starts on the 5th, and ends on the 26th.

I'm not musical at all, as in I love music, but I only have a clarinet which I gave up due to lack of time. I plan to learn that again when I have spare time at uni.
Reply 837
blondemoment
urgh are you all musical? i'm yuck at music.
Yep, I am :biggrin:
My mum's a music teacher, so it's in the genes :wink: I can teach you, if you want :p:

blondemoment
parrotman, ever tried the ocarina?? A bizzare instrument.
I have :smile: Yeah, the ocarina's a rather odd instrument. I've only played it once (or twice), but I do remember it.

blondemoment
when do you all find results out?
School results usually come out in August sometime...
I have no idea when our uni results come through - this damn AUT pay dispute rubbish means that the stuff won't be marked until after the AUT work out a national pay deal (even though StA has agreed a local deal)
Dalimyr
Yep, I am :biggrin:
My mum's a music teacher, so it's in the genes :wink: I can teach you, if you want :p:

Er, your brave, i maybe [i say maybe] could sing but i cannot read music, which is slightly odd as its a bit of a language and i'm ok in that dept

Dalimyr
I have :smile: Yeah, the ocarina's a rather odd instrument. I've only played it once (or twice), but I do remember it.

mind bogglin

Dalimyr
School results usually come out in August sometime...
I have no idea when our uni results come through - this damn AUT pay dispute rubbish means that the stuff won't be marked until after the AUT work out a national pay deal (even though StA has agreed a local deal)

humph, very unfair! don't get me started on "education" going on strike. ENTIRELY selfish....
Parrotman
Standard A level results day for me, mine have allready started, but the main session starts on the 5th, and ends on the 26th.

I'm not musical at all, as in I love music, but I only have a clarinet which I gave up due to lack of time. I plan to learn that again when I have spare time at uni.

i played and gave in the *cough* piano *cough* violin *cough* recorder *cough*

notice how the difficulty level decreases...

Latest

Trending

Trending