Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Have all of you been there ???:eek: I'm solely relying on faith here.
    You'll love it. You'll get to meet me, what more can you ask?

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I'd looked at loads of unis, but St. Andrews was by far the most beautiful. You're going to love it!

ReputationRep:
    Once you see it the athetics of the place alone would convince any sane person to go.
    Not to mention how nice evry one is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Have all of you been there ???:eek: I'm solely relying on faith here.

Again, i'm with you!

ReputationRep:
    Girls, I'm sure you'll like it, even though you're relying on blind faith.
    When I applied here, it was my sixth choice out of six, which I just put in to make up the numbers. I had expectations that because Prince William went there that everyone was going to be quite stuck up and snobby, but when I went on an open day my opinion of the place completely changed, and it jumped up from being my sixth choice to being equal first (with Heriot-Watt)

Thanks for the rep, Megan :hugs: and I'd love to live with you so I wouldn't have to live in a tent

ReputationRep:
    You'll love it guys seriously. It was my fourth choice, but immediatly shot up to two after I saw it. The main reason for me was the really awesome management school as well. About the economics lectures how many people are there on average in each class? (The economics department lecture room seemed a bit small as in the place they had the open day talk. So do they use places like the Buchanan theatre?)

P.s. Someone repped me and i'm not sure who it was. (Prod me so I can return the favour )

ReputationRep:
    This year there were 192 people eligible to sit the Macroeconomics exam on May 17th...I don't think they ever do lectures in the Economics building (I believe you only go there for tutorials) - Economics lectures, I think, are done in one of the Physics lecture theatres. I'd wait until someone who actually DID go to lectures (Skeve, probably) comes and posts to verify this, but that's what I think anyway

The Buchanan theatre is used almost exclusively by the modern languages department, though some other subject(s) are taught there as well (psychology and/or social anthropology, for one (or two)).

ReputationRep:
    :ta: :banana: you lot are so lovely and informative

i cannot wait! please, please, please, please,please let me pass my exams, please :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    In the Physics building.....hmm, hopefully i'll get one of John Burnet or John Mcintosh then. Roll out of bed and 5 minutes to the lectures. Thanks Holly

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I'm so stressed out! I just got an e-mail from St. Andrews saying that they didn't know if I was enrolling or not, but I sent everything in in December! I also got a conformation letter from them. What do you think this means? Do you think they lost all my housing stuff too? What time do you think the office will stay open until? I don't know what to do!!!

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm sure its ok Megan. i would, if it was me, ring them up and politely but firmly remind them that as far as you are aware you have followed all instructions they have sent you and that they should have not one record but two records of your existence, being the accommodation form, and would they like to check if they can find it. If not, in your politest and noncondescending voice, enquire what exactly they would like you to do now, having established they have no record of you. Then they're not horrid as you've been calm and polite and it will all sort out asap!

Good luck, tell us how it goes, Han

ReputationRep:
    I can't call them now though bc I'm at my internship and don't think I can call overseas from my cell phone (or it would be really expensive). My mom is trying to call them but has been on hold forever! Ahhhh I'm so worried! Do you think that this will really wreck my chances of living anywhere good? I sent the form in so early, I don't know how this could go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    no, chill i'm sure it will be fine. the accommodation form deadline hasn't gone yet i don't think and i don't think they start allocating rooms 'til results come out. ""Hold""- get used to the British we like to queue and make you hang about in lines for ages. They'll get to you! Don't worry, even if something is wrong, the fact they've emailed you indicates that they are in the process of sorting it out and the fact they've contacted you, they aren't likely to turn around and say, hang about, sorry you're too late, as they are giving you the opportunity! whoo i've never typed so fast!

ReputationRep:
    my mom finally talked to them and apparently the housing office has my form, but the admissions office doesn't have anything from me. She's faxing copies of everything now. Thanks blondemoment, sorry I sounded so panicky,I was just so worried that I wouldn't get to go or that I wouldn't have anywhere to live. Hopefully it will be okay now!

ReputationRep:
    :top: its ok! no worries, least you know you can hold the shipment of your tent! Great its sorted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotman)
    In the Physics building.....hmm, hopefully i'll get one of John Burnet or John Mcintosh then. Roll out of bed and 5 minutes to the lectures. Thanks Holly
    New Hall and Uni Hall are closer than McIntosh

I keep getting pos rep from people saying I can live with them I feel so loved :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Random off-topic post: Happy 20th birthday, Icecradle

ReputationRep:
    Holly, what do you reckon the actual chances of getting into Sallie, Mc Intosh, University, john burnet main or st regulus actually are [r they closing hamilton did someone say?] ???

ReputationRep:
    There have been so many rumours of halls closing that I'm not sure which ones are true and which aren't...however, yes, Hamilton is being closed or sold off or something (I'm confuzzled about the exact details, but I keep hearing that it's not being used as halls of residence, and it's not listed in the 2006/07 fees page)

I do know that first years are guaranteed entry into halls. That's the only thing I can say with any certainty. I can't give any idea of the chances of getting into a hall you want, though Student Accommodation Services do their best to meet the wishes of as many people as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for that information about St.A, I am sure that I going to love it just as you all seem to do. Hannah, I think we're all right, it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.

Megan, how did it go with your application? Hope that it's alright. I'm sure it is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.