Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'll keep waitressing as long as I don't get fired from it- I'm abysmal! Yesterday I spilled cole slaw on someone- ahhh! As for running, I'm pretty slow, my only strength is that I have alot of endurance. Yay I want to come travelling too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondemoment)
    mishy i'm sure if you get to know me that you'll get to see the south of france, and the bizarre nearby sights, like Andora [or however the heck you spell it]
    Where in France do you live? I travelled to the coast towns of Languedoc for three or four years when my parents were looking for a house in the south of France. I loved it and I wish that we would have bought a house there. If you all are going there I would like to go with you if I might. It would be a great opportunity to practice my French as well I haven't done that in a while, outside of school.

Yay, I am waitressing too. It's my first day on the job today.

ReputationRep:
    like Andora [or however the heck you spell it]
    Andorra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Good luck! If your tables seem nice, tell them it's your first day- you'll make more in tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbm1087)
    Good luck! If your tables seem nice, tell them it's your first day- you'll make more in tips!
    Hehe, I can remember a girl doing that when I bought a PS2 in Woolworths last year. She clearly wasn't thinking too straight so kept making mistakes. After about three or four mistakes she smiled at me, apologised and said it was her first day...then the girl next to her said "No it's not, she's been here for three months" :rofl:
    Aww, I thought it was really cute, though

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the support Megan. I survived, it's only my feets that are suffering after this day. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good job Anna! Oh gosh, my feet hurt so much after a day of waitressing! That's the worst part, because you're just standing for hours! You'll get kind of used to it though. Grrr..I have to go to work in an hour, Saturday nights are crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Where in France do you live? I travelled to the coast towns of Languedoc for three or four years when my parents were looking for a house in the south of France. I loved it and I wish that we would have bought a house there. If you all are going there I would like to go with you if I might. It would be a great opportunity to practice my French as well I haven't done that in a while, outside of school.

i live in Monteal de l'Aude, which is near carcassonne. google it, the tour de france is coming thru on bastille day [momentus] . its inland so i doubt you've seen it!

i'm sure gangs of St As ppl [ok if i get in] will go out, and you're welcome! my parents love entertaining and there's pleanty of room. its near the mountains, and not far from the sea. so ski/sun depending on the time of year. for those of you who have read the Da vinci cde its is in cathar country and 45 mins from rennes le chateau. I LOVE it there, oh and theres this really old medieval castle, called la cite[e with an accent] which is an 11 century fortified city, where i hope to waitress incedentally, which ppl live in and work in, its the 2nd most visted place in france.

the french language is really shocking if you're used to paris tho!

god i sound like i work for the aude tourist board!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    la cite[e with an accent]
    Grave or acute? Only joking, I know it's an acute - la cité (shortcut for the letter is Alt+0233)

J'adore le français

ReputationRep:
    Wow, sounds like a lovely part of France Hannah! Just on a side note, has anyone seen Poseiden yet? I am now officially terrified of ocean liners and cruises. :P

ReputationRep:
    well ive never properly seen london so a deal cud emerge

whats this about boats??

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see it, but I don't know anyone in town and I don't really like going to the movies on my own...I doubt either of my parents would want to see it either, so I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Bah

I've been terrified of spiders ever since I saw Arachnophobia when I was six...what's odd, though, is that I saw Jaws when I was six as well and it had no effect on me :confused:
    What's really scary is that Arachnophobia is a PG and I can't even watch it today I can watch any horror film from Alien to Texas Chainsaw Massacre without flinching, but I can't bring myself to watch Arachnophobia, a film where there is no blood and you never see the people getting killed. That film's evil; evil, I tells ya!!!

ReputationRep:
    whats this about boats??
    Poseiden is a film about a cruise liner that goes down. I imagine it's basically along similar lines of Titanic, but hopefully better than Titanic was (oh, how I hated that film)

ReputationRep:
    Most definatly Hannah, sounds like a plan. I was just talking about Posieden which I just went to see. Great film! Much better than titanic, but even that was a classic. Granted it has a love story, but it doesn't really focus on that too much.

Never seen many horror flicks, but that's just me I guess, i'm sure i'll make numerous visits at St Andrews. Although I loved Resident Evil. I was downstairs watching it at 1am on Sky movies, and I ended up laughing my head off since I was trying to guess what was coming next. One film I really want to see is "The Village", must try and rent that during the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    god im thick, i thought he was a TSR member Doah

ReputationRep:
    It's all the revision Hannah, it's driving us mental!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotman)
    Never seen many horror flicks, but that's just me I guess, i'm sure i'll make numerous visits at St Andrews. Although I loved Resident Evil. I was downstairs watching it at 1am on Sky movies, and I ended up laughing my head off since I was trying to guess what was coming next. One film I really want to see is "The Village", must try and rent that during the holidays.
    Resi was brilliant...but I preferred the sequel, except for the fact that Alice died at the end of it :bawling: I like Milla Jovovich too much - I stop the film just before the end so I don't see her being killed off

Never seen The Village, though I also plan on renting it out eventually

I've also got my eyes on Doom. I hear it's not great, but I want to see it anyway :rolleyes: If I can get my dad to pick a chart DVD from blockbuster and give me the money to rent it out, I can get Doom for free I unfortunately got the only film in the charts that I was interested in today (Flightplan - I LOVE Jodie Foster). Heh, I was listing a few of the chart DVDs to my dad to give him ideas, and his reaction when I mentioned Brokeback Mountain was priceless. It was something along the lines of "**** off, I'm not getting that film with the cowboys who're ****ing poofters" - I know he's a homophobic prick, but the extent of his homophobia can be pretty amusing at times :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    brace yourslef for the village. and it wlll no doubt be a plan Parrotman!

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it I still have Resi Apocalypse for my psp to watch....after exams I guess.

I heard Doom was shocking, really shocking. Has there ever been a game that's been turned into a movie succesfully? They're also going to spoil Metroid as well soon.

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was quite good, if you want to include it (though it's more a sequel than a film of the game; Final Fantasy VII-2, if you will)

But yes, game/movie tie-ins are notorious for being awful. I hear Silent Hill's not too bad, though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.