Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MerryMilkMan)
    she looked at it before I edited it but couldn't see what changes I had made at first glance (thats what I think at least)
    Yeah...I hadn't noticed any changes at first, but looked at it again and saw you'd left out the bit about your friends being hot gay guys :rofl: Don't know if there's anything else you left out, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Yeah...I hadn't noticed any changes at first, but looked at it again and saw you'd left out the bit about your friends being hot gay guys :rofl: Don't know if there's anything else you left out, though.
    I also changed the part about carring more about clothing than looks :p:
    I figured both were too much info and stuff that could be used against me when I got up to st. andrews
    I have changed probly 80% of the posts I have made after I started posting on here after a few hours of making them ... so indicisive

ReputationRep:
    Bloody mods :mad: They won't tell me who posted the "i love dalimyr" thread anonymously (it's now in Chat, though it was originally in H&R)....I want to neg the little ****er :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody mods :mad: They won't tell me who posted the "i love dalimyr" thread anonymously (it's now in Chat, though it was originally in H&R)....I want to neg the little ****er :argh:
    neg??? What does that meen? Is it crazy web talk?

ReputationRep:
    negative reputation. If you see the icon on the top right hand corner of someone's post, there should be a set of scales. You can give someone positive or negative reputation for their post.

ReputationRep:
    I went and fought your corner Holly. I'll probably get mega-negged now. =(

ReputationRep:
    As I said, I went into AAM to see if they'd tell me who the anon thread starter was...these are the replies I got:

We don't give out that information cos it kinda defeats the point of someone being anonymous
    Fair enough, that's acceptable...

{actually goes and checks what thread it is}

{sings} Dalimyr's got a secret admirer!
    Acaila is going to take the piss out of me SO much if she remembers that :rolleyes:

Hehe, I moved it to chat because that's not what anon or H&R is for.

But sorry, my lips are sealed.
    Grr...Hayley (dogtanian) hath betrayed me

*giggles*
    Dalimyr and ******************** sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
    Cindy, the cheeky drunken cow If I see her in the shoutbox tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to have to restrain myself from strangling her :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As I said, I went into AAM to see if they'd tell me who the anon thread starter was...these are the replies I got:

Fair enough, that's acceptable...

Acaila is going to take the piss out of me SO much if she remembers that :rolleyes:

Grr...Hayley (dogtanian) hath betrayed me

Cindy, the cheeky drunken cow If I see her in the shoutbox tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to have to restrain myself from strangling her :rolleyes:
    Is it a negitive thread or somthing? Why are you angry?

ReputationRep:
    It's our thread now, argueing about whether you can post pictures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    It's our thread now, argueing about whether you can post pictures
    hey I want a huge thread like that about me :p:
    personaly I took down my pic becouse I didn't want people at st. a to recognise me and be like ... thats the kid who posted all that dumb *ss stuff on TSR

ReputationRep:
    My picture is on my profile... if anyone wants to see me.

I'll make a big enough fool of me there anyway, on here isn't going to make much of a difference

ReputationRep:
    Is it a negitive thread or somthing? Why are you angry?
    A few days ago, a user created a thread that was originally just a "Dalimyr is hot" thread, but the user's comments later in the thread were rather scary - among others: "I'd do her without questions!!!" quickly followed by "I'm DYING for her MSN". Thankfully the thread was deleted by mods - stalking may not be defined in the Rules, but there comes a limit where common sense has to take over.
    The minute I saw the anonymous thread, the very first thing I thought was "Not again...". I actually should thank dogtanian for moving the thread from H&R. If the OP still had the opportunity to post anonymously, he'd probably go just as far as the other guy did, but without the anon feature at his disposal, he obviously wouldn't want to be discovered for making the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Neg = Negative Reputation
    as in the opposite of what I just gave to you
    Check your User CP and you'll see a little green gem in your rep history

ReputationRep:
    Solid, you have your GCSE grades posted on your profile. O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecradle)
    Solid, you have your GCSE grades posted on your profile. O.o
    Yeah I get a lot of PM's from people about "omg how do you get into medical school?" and I'm sick of writing them down; nothing more than that.

ReputationRep:
    Neg = Negative Reputation
    as in the opposite of what I just gave to you
    Check your User CP and you'll see a little green gem in your rep history
    YAY thanks
    wait ... what is it going to do if you have a positive or a negitive reputation?
    Is it just like ... a let see how high I can go thing ... or somthing with a practical purpos?

ReputationRep:
    YAY thanks
    wait ... what is it going to do if you have a positive or a negitive reputation?
    Is it just like ... a let see how high I can go thing ... or somthing with a practical purpos?
    It's just something for a bit of bragging rights...it also tends to indicate people who are helpful, funny or whatever (have lots of green gems) or people who are complete tossers (have lots of red gems).
    There are a few exceptions: SilverWings is a great member but has 12 red gems (she WANTS neg rep instead of pos rep), and a newbie called mumby got 4 green gems within 24 hours, almost certainly purely because of his/her avatar - s/he clearly got repped by a lot of sex-deprived pervs who liked staring at the avatar of a woman licking a banana in a rather suggestive manner :rolleyes: There are also a few rep whores, such as brimstone (who I believe has 11 or 12 green gems), who don't really do much except talk crap and beg for people to rep them

ReputationRep:
    It's just something for a bit of bragging rights..
    I can totaly see me going up to one of my friends and being like .... well I have 5 green gems ... I don't know how to put this but Im kind of a big deal

ReputationRep:
    I can totaly see me going up to one of my friends and being like .... well I have 5 green gems ... I don't know how to put this but Im kind of a big deal
    Imagine people with 3 or 4 gems thinking they're so popular and all that. They'd have anywhere between 200 and 399 rep. I've collected that much (and more) myself in just the past two weeks.

People who want more of those shiny little gems are more likely to kiss your ass in order to get them. They'd be less likely to get into an argument with you if they know they could lose a lot of rep points, especially if they just gained a gem or are close to gaining a new gem. For example, if someone had 290 rep, they'd be 10 points away from getting their fourth gem. Let's say they found a thread created by someone like Feefifofum or Fleff (i.e. someone with as their rep level). They'd be unlikely to argue extensively with that person because of the risk of being farther away from their fourth gem (though, that said, Fleff has enough rep power that she could take away the person's third gem if she was to neg them, so they REALLY wouldn't want to get into an argument with her ). Your neg rep power is half that of your pos rep power. For example, I can give 35 points when I pos rep someone, but if I neg rep them, it only takes away 17...

ReputationRep:
    Imagine people with 3 or 4 gems thinking they're so popular and all that. They'd have anywhere between 200 and 399 rep. I've collected that much (and more) myself in just the past two weeks.

People who want more of those shiny little gems are more likely to kiss your ass in order to get them. They'd be less likely to get into an argument with you if they know they could lose a lot of rep points, especially if they just gained a gem or are close to gaining a new gem. For example, if someone had 290 rep, they'd be 10 points away from getting their fourth gem. Let's say they found a thread created by someone like Feefifofum or Fleff (i.e. someone with as their rep level). They'd be unlikely to argue extensively with that person because of the risk of being farther away from their fourth gem (though, that said, Fleff has enough rep power that she could take away the person's third gem if she was to neg them, so they REALLY wouldn't want to get into an argument with her ). Your neg rep power is half that of your pos rep power. For example, I can give 35 points when I pos rep someone, but if I neg rep them, it only takes away 17...
    Oh this is all so complicated lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.