Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    What did it say?
    Something along the lines of me being very popular on here...which is actually quite true - you don't get two "I love [your username]" threads in Chat without having some sort of popularity :rolleyes: Granted, one of those was obsessive and got (rightfully) deleted by a mod and the other was probably a joke thread created by a sub to have a laugh at my expense, but they were still created I just wish Amy, Hayley or Cindy would have told me who created the anonymous thread instead of just taking the piss out of me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was me......:p:

Only joking, it wasn't but good luck in finding out who it was.

At least you get threads, I don't even get hugs:p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was me......:p:

Only joking, it wasn't but good luck in finding out who it was.
    Ah, I'm not too bothered...it didn't get too worrying (thanks to Hayley moving it out of H&R, so the thread starter couldn't post anonymously any more)

At least you get threads, I don't even get hugs:p:
    Aww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, was only kidding, but thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Something along the lines of me being very popular on here...which is actually quite true - you don't get two "I love [your username]" threads in Chat without having some sort of popularity :rolleyes: Granted, one of those was obsessive and got (rightfully) deleted by a mod and the other was probably a joke thread created by a sub to have a laugh at my expense, but they were still created I just wish Amy, Hayley or Cindy would have told me who created the anonymous thread instead of just taking the piss out of me :mad:
    ... sub ??? is this some BDSM talk going on in a st. andrews chat room :eek:
    and it was
    WOW you seem to be really popular on here

ReputationRep:
    sub = subscription... ie paid account.

ReputationRep:
    How expensive is it to live in St.Andrews?

ReputationRep:
    There are also a few rep whores, such as brimstone (who I believe has 11 or 12 green gems), who don't really do much except talk crap and beg for people to rep them
    Don't spread bad words about me :mad:

:eek: If you'll look at my posts, I bet that none of the last one thousand are asking for rep :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Don't spread bad words about me :mad:
    Me, spread rumours about you? Never :angel: Hi, by the way :hugs:

:eek: If you'll look at my posts, I bet that none of the last one thousand are asking for rep :hmpf:
    Because you do it in the shoutbox, where the evidence of rep whoring is usually purged within a few minutes when people are actually talking in it :rolleyes:

(Original post by jeffweingard)
    How expensive is it to live in St.Andrews?
    I lived (self-catered) quite comfortably on £30 or £40 a week I guess most people would tell you it depends on how much you spend on booze each week

(Original post by MerryMilkMan)
    ... sub ??? is this some BDSM talk going on in a st. andrews chat room :eek:
    Nope, my BDSM talk is restricted (mostly) to Chat, the LGBTsoc and to a select few friends on MSN
    Around here, sub is short for subscription or subscriber (depending on the context). You pay £3.50 a month for various benefits (such as none of the adverts in annoying places on the screen, my purple username, my custom usertitle, my 100x100 avatar, the ability to post images in signatures and in Chat...most other things I missed should be mentioned here)

ReputationRep:
    I was going to quote you on your 5th line to the bottom but I figure you might want to edit it so I am not going to make it so you can't(this wasn’t said by Dalimyr)
    here)
    That's the type of thing I would post and be sitting some were a few hours later and be like OOOH sh*t and run back and edit it.

ReputationRep:
    That's the type of thing I would post and be sitting some were a few hours later and be like OOOH sh*t I'm going to be going to uni with these people that was a bad idea and run back and edit it.
    What could you say that would alienate people?

On a side note, only two months until uni starts, or, perhaps more accurately, freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bdarnell)
    What could you say that would alienate people?
    I havn't the slightest clue what you meen by that. Is that suposed to be a retoricle questune or somthing?
    ... I meen ... I could say tons of stuff that would alienate people:p: its really much easer than it looks ... especialy when it comes to really religios types

You don't know who is reading a chat like this and supose it is one of those over zelus christians who feels it nesacery to tell evry one she sees what you posted. Then you become alienated. So it allways hits me after I post that the other people posting on here arn't nesacerly the only ones reading what is posted. So unless its somthing you would be o.k. with your proffeser hearing you should be wary posting it outside of a privat email or msn convo
    (don't quote this becouse I might want to delete it later and can't delete what you quote)

Im not sure if that rant even relates to what you were tring to say becouse I still don't know what you were trying to say.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know who is reading a chat like this and supose it is one of those over zelus christians who feels it nesacery to tell evry one she sees what you posted. Then you become alienated. So it allways hits me after I post that the other people posting on here arn't nesacerly the only ones reading what is posted. So unless its somthing you would be o.k. with your proffeser hearing you should be wary posting it outside of a privat email or msn convo
    (don't quote this becouse I might want to delete it later and can't delete what you quote)
    Sorry, but I am going to quote it :p: Besides, I can edit this myself if you really want me to :rolleyes:
    Sure, there are going to be a FEW random people who view threads here, but not very many. If you scroll down to the bottom of the St Andrews subforum page, you'll see people who are currently in the subforum (either in the forum or reading a thread in the forum). You won't be able to see guests, and you won't be able to see me or any other "invisible" members (unless you sub), but most members aren't "invisible", so they'll be listed there if they're in the forum
    Even if you don't recognise every name listed there, odds are they could have posted here at least once sometime in the past and/or are just lurking the board.

But to put it simply, it's an internet forum. You don't have to have the same views as everyone else 100% of the time, and political correctness is thrown right out the window

So unless its somthing you would be o.k. with your proffeser hearing you should be wary posting it outside of a privat email or msn convo
    I've got a crush on hugatree, [email protected] and Timeslikethese and would love to have a threesome/foursome/moresome with them :rolleyes: I'm sure I wouldn't want my lecturers, tutors or whoever hearing me say that. Do I care if they miraculously happen to be reading this? Not at all...I also couldn't care less if they were religious zealots who were opposed to my views of desiring an orgy with those three girls; not just because I won't be returning to StA again, but because it's an internet forum - it's essentially anonymous (unless you're like me and post your matric number in one of the threads :rolleyes: or you post your full name). These people aren't going to know nor will they care about what you say here.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to quote you on your 5th line to the bottom but I figure you might want to edit it so I am not going to make it so you can't
    The thing about my BDSM chat being restricted to two forums? I don't actually know what you're talking about - I'm on 1280x960 resolution, so more things can fit into one line for me My comment about BDSM chat (if that IS what you're talking about) is on the third-last line for me
    Doesn't matter to me at all...if I REALLY desire something quoted by someone else to be removed, it's usually just a case of asking the person (via PM) to edit the post. Unless they're really cruel, most people would edit or delete their post for you

ReputationRep:
    I guess I am just paranoid. One of my good friends had a terribly depressing junior year and nearly dropped out of school because of something like that going around so I figured I would try and save some one else the agony. (on second thought he had it happen to him sophomore year to ... some people never learn.)
    I forgot that you weren’t going back next year, in that case it doesn't really matter.
    (ya that was what I was referring to)
    I was using this forum long before I signed up. Its a help forum and just about every question some one could think to ask has already answered so those sensible people who don't spend all there time talking on forums and just wanted a question answered wont sign up.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about my BDSM chat being restricted to two forums? I don't actually know what you're talking about - I'm on 1280x960 resolution, so more things can fit into one line for me
    I have no idea what you are talking about either ??? This is the only forum I have ever used so I am a bit confused as to unintentional insinuations I may have made about other forums through forum lingo
    How more things fitting on one line fit into this convo
    not that any thing fits in on this forum though

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting the feeling that MerryMilkMan is worrying about nothing?

Hakuna matata my friend

ReputationRep:

Hakuna matata my friend
    Yes, haha. Might I suggest listening to McFerrin's "Don't worry, be happy".

ReputationRep:

Hakuna matata my friend
    that seems to be a theme of my posts

ReputationRep:
    Yup :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.