Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bdarnell)
    Yes, that was me The cake is quite appropriate since it's my b-day tomorrow :eek:
    :eek: Happy B'day :tee: have some tea with that cake as well then
    :party: I hope you're day will be lovely

ReputationRep:
    :cheers: :rock: :bumps: :beer: :dancing2: :elefant: :marchmell :marchmell :birthday: :evilb:

Happy birthday! many happy returns, enjoy it!!

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    woooh happy birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, again

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little on the late side, but 'appy birfday fae me, tae

I think that's right...can never remember if "fae" is "from" or "for", but I'm pretty sure it's "from"

ReputationRep:
    Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday Ben! Ah, birthdays are a great time... great presents that you may or may not really need, copious amounts of cake, and a shield from people mocking you for your shortcomings since no one can be mean to you on your special day (well maybe the last one only applies to me). Congrats on successfully surviving the onslaught of another year in your life!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Happy belated birthday! The big 1 8? Hope you had a great time. And ate lots of cake... cake is great! ... *cue tumbleweed*.

"Fae" is "from" me thinks - dont quote me on that though, i only figured as much from years of trying to understand my parents and relatives ^-^.

So how are you all today?! Im loving the smilies!

(excuse the hyperness, ive been bundled up all day cleaning my house... were moving soon and all my mum can do is get all emotional over our old toys she has to bin... she tried to bin my glow worm... :eek:)

.... Oh i have a st andrews related question!!! Are there any like half-term holidays or anything between september and december? Also how are they about people staying in your dorm rooms if they come visit you, do you have to pay for them? (i know its a but too much in advance but im just wondering...)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they have half term holidays, just longer big holidays (like christmas, easter and summer)

ReputationRep:
    About people coming to visit: I read in information concerning accommodation that people were allowed to come and stay in your room for a week for free. If more than a week, one was supposed to make some arrangement with the uni for visitors to pay (or something like that) - hmm, I can't remember that part really but the week thing I'm sure about.

ReputationRep:
    One of the smilies I brought to TSR is now an official smilie: ;e-mog;

:bunny::bunny: Maybe I'll link pig to my photobucket and he can add in any smilies he likes from the 150+ collection I've got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkiePixie)
    .... Oh i have a st andrews related question!!! Are there any like half-term holidays or anything between september and december?
    The terms stretch from September to December, and February to May. There's a week off in November (dubbed Reading Week), and you get two weeks off for Easter in March/April (though Easter Sunday this year was the week after we came back :s:)

Christmas break is about 2.5 weeks long (this year it was December 17th to January 5th, I believe), but you can come back a little later if you wish - first-semester exams don't start until at least a week after the holiday is over, and you may opt to revise at home instead of in halls at StA
    I think that's it for holidays, though...but, of course, you get around double the time off in the summer than schoolkids

ReputationRep:
    some subjects have lectures and tutorials during reading week.

you get time off after the exams in january. I had nearly 3 weeks off then, but it depends on when your exams are.

and my term finished the 22nd may... so you get tons of summer off.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, what are some good stores in the UK to buy dorm decorations, things for uni, etc? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm probably going to get alot of my St Andrews stuff (like decorations and electronics) in Edinburgh and have no idea where to start. Where will you all be doing back to school shopping? Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    My housemate and I are going to drive into Dundee methinks.

ReputationRep:
    I know we aren't officially allowed according to the hall code to decorate our rooms, but what do people actually do? How frequent are room inspections (ie New Hall)?

ReputationRep:
    I imagine people decorate them in temporary ways... i.e. posters and pictures. I think the decorating ban refers to actual wall paper, paint, changing curtains...things like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bdarnell)
    How frequent are room inspections (ie New Hall)?
    That'll be one for Skeve to answer, if he's still around

Room inspections in Fife Park, though, were non-existent. The only people who EVER stepped into my room last year were myself, my parents, a friend who lived two houses down, and a window-cleaner who needed to get in at the inside of the window :rolleyes:
    Hell, the year before, one of my housemates got rather drunk one night and threw a chair into the wall of his bedroom - it wasn't until the day I was leaving that he got someone round to take a look and fix up the gaping hole :rofl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.