Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it is weird, personally, but there you go. When I say "contest" it was more:

Friend (male): "Hey Dan, one of my nipples is hard and other isn't"
    Me: "Weird, none are mine are" (lifts up top)
    Friend (female): "I've got pectoral muscles"
    Me and male friend: "SHOW US"

She didn't :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    I think it is weird, personally, but there you go. When I say "contest" it was more:

Friend (male): "Hey Dan, one of my nipples is hard and other isn't"
    Me: "Weird, none are mine are" (lifts up top)
    Friend (female): "I've got pectoral muscles"
    Me and male friend: "SHOW US"

She didn't :p:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ...no comment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    ...no comment :rolleyes:
    *Laughs at the irony of "no comment" actually being a comment* :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    Not to steer this thread back to its oringinal purpose or anything....:P

BUT has anyone [eng/wales applicants applying through the Loans company] received their "payment schedule" letter? it is suppose to come 3 weeks before term begins,and tells us when we get our installments, but we need it to complete matriculation...and mine is nowhere to be seen.

Also, those who are old hat at this freshers business, will they accept photocopies of this sheet, if and when it does eventually arrive?

Thaaaaank yoooooooou!!

ReputationRep:
    Got mine on Tuesday i think

It seems you've got everything else about 2/3 days after me :p: so should be on the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenurservant)
    Got mine on Tuesday i think

It seems you've got everything else about 2/3 days after me :p: so should be on the way!
    I'm still waiting, But from what I've heard not many people (from any university) have anything. I'll let you know if I get anything but I'm considering phoning them next week

ReputationRep:
    they didn't even look at mine Hannah, it was paid automatically, even tho the letter said they'd have to scan it first. -shrugs-

ReputationRep:
    No schedule here either.
    I really need it.
    Owe my landlord £1400 4 days ago.
    Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    Another question...

Opening ball: when is it, and what does one wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecradle)
    they didn't even look at mine Hannah, it was paid automatically, even tho the letter said they'd have to scan it first. -shrugs-

ah no worries then! thank you all. well it hasnt come in the latest batch of redirected mail. myeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire8383)
    Another question...

Opening ball: when is it, and what does one wear?
    Not sure when, but it's formal dress. Like if you went to a prom/leaver's ball at your school. suits/tuxes/dress kilts for men, ballgowns, pretty dresses for girls.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got anything from the SLC, although I have proof that my tution fees will be paid from ages ago. Nothing on installments e.t.c.. yet.

(Yay, I can put pics in my sig now!)

ReputationRep:
    I just got my form this morning with 'IMPORTANT - TAKE THIS LETTER TO REGISTRATION' across the top (so I'm assuming its the right letter ) so it looks like everyone will be getting theirs soon, so much for that 3 weeks before term thing I was reading about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    jamiroquai fan parrotman?

ReputationRep:
    What time is everyone planning to move in on Saturday? I read that the rooms in my dorm, Regs, are not guarenteed to be ready until 2, but can people come before that? I really want to get there as early as possible. Yay I am so excited- one week from tomorrow!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I was wondering if anybody could help me with this application question:

I'm currently filing my UCAS form and applying for Modern Languages (French + Spanish) at all of my unis (see sig). However I saw that St Andrew's is offering a new course: Modern Languages with International Relations. Seeing as no other unis in the UK offer such a course - and the IR part is only a 'with' - would they mind if I weren't to mention IR in my PS?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbm1087)
    What time is everyone planning to move in on Saturday? I read that the rooms in my dorm, Regs, are not guarenteed to be ready until 2, but can people come before that? I really want to get there as early as possible. Yay I am so excited- one week from tomorrow!!!
    well the official hall opening time is 10 am, so they cant really send you away after that and at the very least they should give you somewhere to put your stuff if your rooms not ready. But 2pm seems a bit late since people will be arriving all day (dependant on flights, trains, drives up there ect), are you sure thats right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucho22)
    would they mind if I weren't to mention IR in my PS?
    Check the prospectus. Last year they specified that if you wanted to be cosidered for IR you needed to mention it in your PS because they have so many applicants per place, they're fairly strict I guess.

It would be easy to mention in passing because your going to be talking about foreign languages anyway - easy to make a connection between them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeeeevo)
    well the official hall opening time is 10 am, so they cant really send you away after that and at the very least they should give you somewhere to put your stuff if your rooms not ready. But 2pm seems a bit late since people will be arriving all day (dependant on flights, trains, drives up there ect), are you sure thats right?
    I thought that was really weird too, but I think that's what they said. I might try to arrive a bit early though; unpacking will take forever! Yay- only one week!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.